Minseok/Jongin

Advent Drabbles 2k14

Rating: PG
Prompt: any xiukai I want (abo au, fem!minseok)

 

Minseon isn’t a predatory alpha.  She doesn’t need to be.  She doesn’t go on the prowl for omegas, because she doesn’t have to.  It’s not that she doesn’t crave having a companion at her side, but it’s not her style to purposely search out an omega when they’re usually the ones approaching her.  As an alpha, she doesn’t think she strikes much of an imposing figure; she’s always been short, built with soft curves and a gentle face.  She could easily pass as an omega if not for her strong alpha scent that alerts everyone around her of what she is.

She also doesn’t consider finding a mate high on her list of priorities because she’s still in university.  There’s so much life to live, so many things to do before she wants to settle down.  Minseon also believes in letting things happen as they may instead of trying to control everything.  Nothing is set in stone and it’s easiest to go with the current, not fight it.

Minseon hikes her backpack onto her shoulder, enjoying fresh autumn air as she walks down through the courtyard with a couple of her friends.  Her last lecture - The Decline Of The Pack Mentality - has left her mentally exhausted and she tunes most of the conversation out; she doesn’t really care about Sehee’s latest foray into an Alpha House, although she’s supportive of Sehee’s goal - the search for the perfect knot.  And as a gorgeous omega, Sehee has a long line of knots willing to let her test them out.

Minseok watches the yellow and orange leaves swirl in the air as the wind picks up, her hair momentarily blowing in her face.  She’s tucking the dark strands behind her ears when she smells it.  It’s only a hint of a scent, a tease that she breathes in and tries to keep for herself as her eyes flicker in the direction the wind had blown from.  The next gust has her drinking in the sweetest, most addicting scent that’s ever graced her nose.

She spins around, her friends and conversation forgotten because she needs to find the origin of this delectable scent.  Thankfully there aren’t many students out, but there are plenty of nooks and crannies where anyone could be hiding out of sight.  Minseon finally finds it - or rather, him after a few moments.  He’s there, sitting on one of the stone benches with his face in a book and a pair of glasses slipping down the bridge of his nose.  The sweater he’s wearing is too large for his frame, long enough to hide his hands with just his fingertips visible under a cover of soft mauve.

He’s breathtaking and Minseon wants.

She’s walking toward him without thinking, leaving her friends behind.  Minseon shrugs to keep her backpack from falling off her shoulder as she makes her way to where he’s sitting, hoping that she doesn’t startle him.  She nearly moans when she gets another whiff of him and she knows that she’ll do anything he asks if only she can have him.  Minseok stops at the edge of the bench, tilting her head as she takes in his features.

He’s even more handsome this close and she can’t smell anything but him now, and it makes her a little dizzy.  The wind dies down and he seems to take notice of her, blinking up from his book with surprise written on his features.

“Can I help you?”

His voice is like warm honey and it slides through Minseon, leaving her gripping tight to the strap of her bookbag.  She doesn’t want to scare him away.  “I wanted to introduce myself,” Minseon manages to say.  Speaking, however, only makes his scent cling to her tongue and fill her senses.  “I’m Minseon.”

He seems wary, but not rudely so because he offers her a small smile.  “Jongin,” he responds.

“Jongin,” Minseon repeats.  If Minseon wasn’t so focused on Jongin, she might have missed the hitch in his breath and the way his pupils dilated when she said his name, but she does notice and it gives her the confidence to continue.

“Can I take you out, Jongin?” she asks.  “Dinner, coffee, pie?  Anything you want.”

Jongin visibly swallows, his eyes darting from one side to the other before settling on Minseon again.  “Why?”

“Why does anyone date?” she answers, wondering how he can’t tell that it’s obvious she wants him.  She’s never been good at controlling her scent around omegas she’s attracted to.  “I want to get to know you.”

Jongin still doesn’t seem to be convinced and it’s quite frustrating.  He looks like he’s waiting for her to laugh at him and run off.  Minseon lets her bag slide off her shoulder and to the ground before stepping forward and sitting on the edge of the bench.  There’s still a little space between them and Jongin could move back if he wanted, but he doesn’t.

There’s no way Jongin can’t smell her now and he lets out a soft noise.  She sees the trepidation on his face and makes to move away, but he reaches out, his fingers around her wrist to keep her from leaving.  “I’m free tomorrow night,” he says, over his lips.  “Dinner sounds great.”

Jongin smiles and Minseon’s head goes fuzzy.  It’s with great restraint that she doesn’t touch him just enough to leave her scent behind as a warning to other alphas.

A minute later and Minseon is walking back to where her friends are hovering on the sidewalk waiting for her, grinning like an idiot and lifting the paper with Jongin’s dorm number and phone number written to her nose because it smells like him.  Joonmyun whistles under his breath when Minseon nears and she still can’t stop smiling even as Sehee reaches out to smack the back of Joonmyun’s head.

Minseon lets Sehee link arms with her, dragging her toward the dining hall, Joonmyun following as he rubs his head with a pout and starry eyes oriented on Sehee’s mouth as she picks up her story where she left off.  Minseon peers back over her shoulder at where Jongin is sitting and a bubble of excitement balloons in her chest when she sees him staring at her too.

She can’t wait for tomorrow night.