Minseok/Sehun

Advent Drabbles 2k14

Prompt: a/b/o xiuhun
Rating: pg13

 

Minseok is tempting fate.

He knows he is, but if he never takes any risks, he’ll never reap the rewards.  It’s quite possible Minseok picked up that advice from a fortune cookie, but it’s stuck with him.  He’s risking a burgeoning relationship by saying yes to another alpha who asks him to dance; it’s not as if he’s cheating.  Cheating would imply that he’s tied down, but he’s not.  And that’s what bothers him.

Minseok allows the heavy beat of the music to guide his body, letting the alpha rest his hands on Minseok’s waist, but no further down.  The other people in the crowd bump against them, jostling Minseok into the alpha and Minseok feels the briefest moment of guilt.  This alpha is probably nice; he’s certainly good looking.  Minseok just wishes he was a different alpha.

Sehun.  Minseok wishes it was Sehun.

The two of them - Minseok and Sehun - have been unofficially spending time together, doing things outside of their friends group for the last month.  Minseok is certain that it’s leading to something and he would willingly let the alpha openly court him if he asked.  But Sehun isn’t asking.  Sehun isn’t taking that one step and, call Minseok old fashioned, Minseok wants to hear Sehun tell him that he wants him instead of this cat and mouse game they seem to be playing.  Minseok doesn’t want to play anymore.

Sehun’s somewhere in the room, probably in a circle of his friends and Minseok wonders if he’ll even notice him.  It’s a college party, after all, which means the house is over the occupancy limit and there’s more alcohol than should be humanly possible to drink.  It’ll all be gone by morning anyway.  The only reason Minseok’s here is because the place belongs to his best friend and Lu Han had pleaded with him until he’d agreed to stay.  All Lu Han wants is someone to help clean up in the morning, but even for an omega, Lu Han is persuasively adorable when he wants to be.

Minseok tries not to think about Sehun and how many omegas he’s watched approach the alpha because he hates the way his stomach clenches and how quickly jealousy bubbles to the surface.  Lu Han tells him it’s completely normal although Lu Han also thinks crossing his legs in class to purposely let every alpha in the area know he’s wearing garters is also normal.

The hands on Minseok’s waist tighten and he stares up at the alpha confused only to see the alpha frowning at someone behind Minseok.  All it takes is a whiff of the air to pick up Sehun’s scent.  Minseok’s throat nearly closes and it feels, for a moment, that he’s free falling before Sehun’s arms are around him and a low growl sounds in his ear.  The other alpha backs away when Minseok relaxes against Sehun, head hitting on Sehun’s chest.

This is easy, the giving in part.  Minseok has always given in easier with Sehun because he wants to.  Minseok’s heart speeds in his chest, but he still doesn’t pull his eyes away from Sehun’s when the alpha turns him around.  There’s a scowl on Sehun’s handsome features, his blond hair falling in his eyes as his hands run up and down Minseok’s sides to replace the other alpha’s scent with his own.  Minseok wishes Sehun would say something about him dancing with another alpha; he wants Sehun to get possessive so Minseok can let him know exactly how it feels to not know where he stands.

Instead, Sehun curves his palm along the side of Minseok’s neck, his thumb pushing beneath Minseok’s chin to tip his head up further.  Sehun leans in and Minseok fights down the whimper that wants to climb his throat.  “Upstairs,” Sehun whispers in his ear, his hands gentle, but firm when they take hold of Minseok’s wrist to lead him out of the dancing crowd.

The first rule of Lu Han’s parties is that no one is allowed in his room.  There’s a large red X on the door that Lu Han made with duct tape the first time he’d hosted a party.  Sehun ignores the warning and waltzes in anyway, bringing Minseok with him.

The first rule of Lu Han’s house is that no one is ever ever ever allowed on Lu Han’s bed.  Lu Han doesn’t even let the alphas he brings home get on his bed.  He’s absurdly possessive about it and Minseok has never understood.  He does, however, understand the implications of Sehun guiding Minseok toward the bed.  Minseok isn’t about to risk his life by sitting on the edge of the mattress.

Sehun suddenly bends, his hands hot and firm on the backs of Minseok’s thighs as he lifts him easily off the floor and then lays him back down.  On Lu Han’s bed.  Minseok’s life briefly flashes before his eyes; he decides he hasn’t gotten laid enough to die yet.

“You’re going to get us both killed,” Minseok hisses in warning, eyes looking over Sehun’s shoulder and at the door even though it’s closed and locked.

“This is the only quiet room in the house and I need you to listen to me without running away,” Sehun answers.

Minseok blinks over at Sehun, his hands now resting on Sehun’s waist.  “I’m not the one running,” he states, a little venom edging into his voice.

Sehun shifts over Minseok, his nose pressing to Minseok’s cheek before it slides toward Minseok’s ear.  Sehun’s scent is captivating and Minseok resists the urge to squirm.  If he wasn’t already head over heels for the alpha, he’d push him away out of spite.

“I’m sorry,” Sehun whispers in Minseok’s ear.  His breath is warm and yet it still sends a shiver down Minseok’s spine.  “I’m not good at this and I keep messing up.”

“I’m going to make it easy for you,” Minseok answers, fingers digging into Sehun’s waist now because Sehun being on top of him, resting between Minseok’s spread legs, has Minseok’s body reacting as if he’s about to get the knotting of his life.  “I want you to be my alpha,” Minseok states.  “All you have to do is ask and I’m yours.”

Sehun doesn’t say anything and the longer the silence lasts, the more Minseok’s stomach nervously twists.  “Unless you don’t want me,” he adds after a minute.  “If you just want to fool around, let me know so I don’t get so attached.”

Sehun’s fingers are suddenly in Minseok’s hair, twisting, pulling until Minseok’s head snaps back.  He can’t see anything other than Sehun’s face; Sehun’s brow is furrowed, his teeth bared and Minseok aches to feel those teeth on his skin.  “You are worth so much more than that,” Sehun growls.  His face softens, his grip on Minseok’s hair loosening, but not letting go.  “Every time I think about asking, I second guess myself because I don’t feel like I deserve you.”

Minseok curls his lip, hooking his ankles around Sehun’s thighs to keep him in place.  “Don’t you dare place me on some pedestal.  What you see is what you get.”  Minseok cups Sehun’s face as he offers him a smile.  “I want you.  Isn’t that enough?”

Sehun kisses him.  It’s their first kiss.  Minseok groans at the taste of Sehun on his lips, eagerly kissing back.  He doesn’t need some pronouncement of attraction or mushy words whispered in his ear.  Sehun’s actions speak louder than anything he could say.

Minseok could stay like this for the rest of the night, with just the weight of Sehun on him and Sehun’s attention for himself.  It’s a tempting thing to do, but it’s not to be.  Several loud knocks echo through the room and Sehun nearly startles off the bed.

“Who the is in my room?” Lu Han shouts through the door.

Oh .