Kyungsoo/Jongin

Advent Drabbles 2k14

Prompt: sassy kitty!soo and his owner jongin who's a er for his pet
Rating: G

The only warning Jongin gets is a flick of Kyungsoo’s tail, hardly enough time to brace himself before the feline hybrid is launching himself from the kitchen table - where he knows he’s not supposed to be - and directly at Jongin’s chest.  It sends them both careening to the floor and Jongin cradles Kyungsoo’s head, ensuring he is unharmed as Jongin takes the brunt of the impact.

His hurts.

Kyungsoo pulls away to sit on Jongin’s stomach, smiling broadly down at his master with a purr.

“I’ve told you not to call me that,” Jongin grumbles as a blush infuses his cheeks.  Kyungsoo seems pleased with the reaction, his tail swaying happily behind him as his black ears perk up.

"You've done something," Jongin suspects aloud, eyes narrow at the haughty way his kitty is perched, smug and pleased with himself.  Jongin may have been at work all day, he may be exhausted from his toes to the tips of his ears, but he's still alert enough when it comes to Kyungsoo to know that something is off.

Kyungsoo purrs, bending to nuzzle his head under Jongin's chin affectionately.  His fingers knead into Jongin's chest, relaxing Jongin until he's a puddle on the floor, content to lay there for the rest of the evening with Kyungsoo's warm body atop him.  He gladly returns the soft kisses Kyungsoo peppers across his lips, hands wrapping around Kyungsoo's waist to trap him, hold him closer.

It's the simple things in life that Jongin loves the most and Kyungsoo, well . . . Kyungsoo is far from simple but he has his moments and this is one of them so Jongin is prepared to indulge.  Kyungsoo's rumbling purrs grow louder as Jongin pets over his back, runs a fingernail up every knob of Kyungsoo's spine until he's a pliant, cuddly bundle of kitty as Jongin scratches along his hairline.

Curiously, Jongin cups Kyungsoo's neck.  "Where's your collar?"

"Nowhere," Kyungsoo mumbles against Jongin's chest with a wiggle of his hips.  "Keep scratching."

Kyungsoo's ears brush under Jongin's jaw, tickling over the skin and he turns his head to peer around the room because something feels wrong.  As much as he would love to believe Kyungsoo is being adorably affectionate because he loves Jongin that much, he's never been one to show it so freely.  Something is definitely going on.

Jongin tries to sit up and Kyungsoo whines, pushing him back down and nipping at Jongin's lower lip to get his attention.  Normally this distraction would work without fail, but now that Jongin's positive Kyungsoo has gotten into something he shouldn't have, he can't shake the feeling.  So he uses Kyungsoo's trick against him.  He kisses Kyungsoo soft and sweet, knowing Kyungsoo's impatience will take over.

And when it does, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's wrists as his kitty tries to pull at him for more, holding them firm behind Kyungsoo's back.  "Are you going to tell me what you've done or do I have to go and find it myself?"

Kyungsoo's tail swishes in the background as he bats his eyelashes, tilting his head innocently.  "But I've been a good kitty."

The muffled noise Jongin hears coming from down the hall begs to differ.  "Kyungsoo," Jongin says in warning.

Kyungsoo's ears flatten to his head, his pout twisting into a sour look.  "Stupid puppy," he hisses before bolting off Jongin, ripping himself from Jongin's hold.  "He deserved it!" Kyungsoo yells before disappearing further into the house.

Jongin has a Very Bad Feeling about this and he scrambles from the floor, heading down to where the steady thumping on the wall is growing louder.  He stops in front of the linen closet, almost afraid to turn the knob.  A whine filters through the door along with another series of thumps and Jongin inhales deeply before opening the door.

Well, Jongin discovers what happened to Kyungsoo's collar.  It's shoved in the neighbor's puppy hybrid's mouth.  Poor Chanyeol is practically hogtied, laying inside a laundry basket on the floor in the closet.  His ears flop as he shakes his head, tail thwacking hard against the wall from where it's wedged through a hole in the basket.

It’s with a resigned sigh that Jongin crouches to pull the leather - expensive - from Chanyeol’s mouth.  Even in his position, Chanyeol seems pleased just to have Jongin’s fingers scratching around his ears.  Jongin makes sure to keep petting an increasingly excited Chanyeol’s ears as he unties the ropes around him.

As soon as Chanyeol is free, he squirms out of the laundry basket and into Jongin’s arms, knocking him back onto the floor.  Puppy kisses are a lot more sloppy than Jongin is used to and he laughs as Chanyeol up the side of his face one more time.

“MINE!” comes a loud snarl from down the hall.  Jongin doesn’t have a chance to move before Kyungsoo is tackling Chanyeol off Jongin, the two of them landing with a loud noise that has Jongin wincing.

Chanyeol whimpers and picks himself up, scurrying down the hall and out of the house.  Jongin glares over at where Kyungsoo is poised to pounce, ears flicking and tail jerking from side-to-side threateningly.  “You can’t keep torturing that poor thing,” Jongin chides.

Kyungsoo sneers, his lip curling up in distaste.  “I can if he willingly walks into it.”

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin says.  He means for it to come out commanding, but it sounds more like he’s giving up.  And really, he can’t be mad at Kyungsoo because Kyungsoo is his kitty, his companion and his everything.

Kyungsoo is also crawling on Jongin again, affectionate and sweet.  “I’ll be good,” Kyungsoo promises with a purr, rubbing the side of Jongin’s face with his own to get rid of Chanyeol’s smell.  It’s a promise Jongin knows will be broken over and over, but it’s difficult to stay upset when Kyungsoo spends the next few hours being playfully loving before falling asleep in Jongin’s arms, wrapped securely around him and purring.

Jongin makes a mental note to have a talk with Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s owner, over the weekend.  Perhaps a supervised play-date is in order.