Kyungsoo/Jongin

Advent Drabbles 2k14

Prompt: fem!kaisoo
Rating: PG-13

Sometimes Kyungsoo absolutely hates how proactive her parents are about her uality.  When she’d mustered the courage to come out and tell them she spent her high school days imagining what it would be like to kiss the girls in her class instead of the boys, and then actually followed through with the kissing in college, she’d expected a showdown.  What she got was a pair of sympathetic, knowing looks and her older brother snickering at her from behind his hand.

It’s led to some very awkward social moments including her mother asking that one cute girl behind the register at their local grocery if she was into girls too because her daughter was available (while Kyungsoo was standing right there, mortified), her father firing off questions about the women they were passing on the street to see if Kyungsoo’s type is the same as his, and not to mention - the worst bit of all - the Blind Dates.

Kyungsoo is beginning to think her mother has somehow found a social networking group for mothers with single lesbian daughters because there’s no way she actually knows all these people.  “I want to see my baby with someone on her arm when she shows up for Christmas,” her mother gives as an explanation during their brunch date.

It’s completely ridiculous considering Christmas is a good eight months away; She is perfectly capable of finding someone before then on her own.  Kyungsoo imagines her mother’s face when she stabs at the food on her plate.  “I don’t know if this is better or worse than you asking me for grandchildren,” Kyungsoo grumbles.

“You’re too pretty a girl to be single,” her mother continues, ignoring Kyungsoo’s biting looks and sighs of impatience.  “You need to settle down with a nice girl and start adopting.”

“And there it is.”  Kyungsoo has now completely lost interest in her food, sliding her plate away and eyeing her tea as if she’s afraid her mother has poisoned it with something to make her more compliant.  “Can’t you trust me to run my own love life?”

Her mother laughs.  She laughs long and hard and boisterously enough to gain the attention of the other patrons sitting outside.  Kyungsoo slides down in her seat, trying to hide.

“Fine,” she hisses through her teeth.  “But if you set me up with some serial killer, I’ll be sure to haunt you to the end of your grandchildless days.”

“Oh honey, don’t be so dramatic.  Your brother will give me grandchildren.”

 


Kyungsoo isn’t expecting much, but she does make an effort to look nice - one she is immensely thankful for as soon as she realizes the adorably confused girl who’s been gazing around the small restaurant from a table near the back is her date.  Kyungsoo doesn't even wait for the hostess before she’s weaving her way to the table.  The girl stands abruptly enough to make the chair scrape unpleasantly over the floor, but it’s offset by the absolutely blinding, gorgeous smile on her face.

“Hi, I’m Jongin,” the girl breathes, teeth sinking into her lower lip as she tips forward a little on her feet, hands running down the front of her shirt nervously.

“Kyungsoo,” she offers in return, her stomach slowly filling with butterflies.

It’s not awkward - shy, perhaps, in the way that their eyes keep meeting and instantly dropping, fingers curled tight around the laminated edges of the menu.  Kyungsoo finds herself enamored at the polite, excited girl who keeps her entertained with stories about her puppies, her bad luck at getting into accidents at work because she dances everywhere, and then listens to Kyungsoo’s boring life as if she were truly interested.  Honestly, it would be nearly impossible for Kyungsoo not to want to know more about Jongin, spend time with her and find out what makes her tick.

Kyungsoo is fascinated at the way Jongin eats without fear of how she looks to others, pokes at her lower lip with a neatly trimmed, red painted nail when she forgets what she’s saying, and smiles with her entire body.  It’s thrilling, frightening and just a bit out of a fairy tale when their meal is suddenly over and Kyungsoo doesn’t want to run, but instead tries to devise a way to keep Jongin just a little longer.

Slowly, subtly, she’s falling into a saccharine trap that she never wants to escape.

"I'm sorry," Jongin announces abruptly once they're outside, turning to face Kyungsoo with uncertainty on her pretty face.

Kyungsoo is confused.  "Why?"

"If you didn't enjoy yourself.  I've been told I'm abrasive and too talkative on dates and that I chase everyone off which is why I'll only ever have my dogs for company."

Kyungsoo doesn't mean to, but she laughs.  Her entire face scrunches and she reaches out to steady herself with her hand on Jongin's arm.  When she glances up, Jongin looks ready to dart away and Kyungsoo pulls herself together enough to speak.  "Jongin, no," she begins, her grip on Jongin's arm tightening.  "You are the most refreshing date I've ever had."

"Really?" Jongin beams and something in Kyungsoo's chest dislodges, crashing in a fiery blaze of wow, I want to keep her forever.

Kyungsoo slides her hand down to take Jongin's, lacing their fingers together.  "Yeah," she answers, elated when Jongin squeezes, blushing.  "I'd love to do this again."

"Me too," Jongin breathes.

Kyungsoo has a feeling she's going to owe her mother an apology for all her complaining, but it's difficult to mind when Jongin is beside her, letting Kyungsoo walk her the few blocks to her apartment as she tells Kyungsoo how much her dogs are going to adore her.

 


Jongin's mouth is warm, insistent, a steady pressure against Kyungsoo's lips as she sweeps her tongue between them, tastes the wine they've been sipping for the last hour.  The doorknob digs into Kyungsoo's back and she rearranges, surging forward to press Jongin against the sink, refusing to be parted from her.  She can feel Jongin's smile, moans softly at the shivers that follow Jongin's fingers slipping underneath her shirt to tease.

Kyungsoo is pleasantly buzzed - more so from Jongin than the wine - and she's dizzy, drowning in like-maybe-love as Jongin keeps kissing her breathless.  Jongin clouds all her senses, has her forgetting where they are until she hears the creak of the door opening.

"FOUND THEM!" Kyungsoo's brother yells over his shoulder.  Kyungsoo jumps back from a dazed looking Jongin, trying to bite back a grin in order to scowl at her brother as he fake gags.  "Dinner's ready," he announces and then closes the door again.

Jongin giggles and Kyungsoo does too after a moment to process.  They're making out in the upstairs bathroom like a couple of teenagers while Kyungsoo's parents cook.

Kyungsoo's mother had only been too pleased that Kyungsoo showed up for Christmas dinner with Jongin on her arm, ushering the two girls inside to coo over how well they compliment each other.  She'd dutifully waited for Kyungsoo and Jongin to both have an entire glass of wine in their systems before bringing up adoption.  Jongin had listed against Kyungsoo's side, grinning as she spoke about her dogs, insisting they are her children.  Kyungsoo had decided more wine was necessary.

And now Kyungsoo is fixing the strands of Jongin's hair as Jongin leaves soft kisses over her face wherever she can reach.  "Come on, baby," Kyungsoo coaxes.  "Let's eat and then we can go home and you can open your other present."

Jongin's eyes light up.  "Is it you?  Please tell me it's you."

Kyungsoo drags Jongin downstairs to eat without answering.

(Back in Jongin's apartment - well, it might as well be theirs now - Kyungsoo has a new piece of lacy red lingerie hidden in the back of the closet to wear for her girlfriend.  She also has a matching one in black for Jongin and she can't wait to see her in it.  But first, dinner.  Then dessert.)