Lee Hi -Blank Page

You R In Love

But i was scared. I was unprepared for the things you said.... Draw me and save me tonight. I am a blank page waiting for you to bring me to life. -Blank Page

 

 

I groaned as I woke up. It was too early on a saturday but I had a study session at the school. I laid in bed and thought about all that had happened. When Suhyun came back last night she was all smiles. Her and Bobby had worked things out. They agreed to take things slow transitioning from friends to something more. I was happy for her. If my little sister could take the courage to go after what she wants than I could too.

After getting dressed I went to Suhyun's room and barged in. She was snuggled under her covers sleeping. "Suhyunah wake up." I said shaking her. "What? Its too early for this."

"Text Bobby. Ask him what's Hanbin's number."

I couldve texted Bobby but it felt weird. After the kiss and him and Suhyun deciding to be more, it would've been uncomfortable. She groaned but took her cell off the bed side table without protest.

"Love you little sis." I told her once I had the number.

I sat on the bus and stared down at Hanbin's number. I needed to call him and talk to him but I was afraid. I had literally ran out on him yesterday after we kissed. Then I had went and kissed Bobby. But I had to compare, I needed to be sure. Kissing Hanbin was nothing like kissing Bobby. With him there was no guilt, jealousy, or any other ugly emtions. It was just pure feeling. I was blown away when I kissed him. I had to call him so that we could make plans. I had to tell him how I felt. But I was procrastinating. I was afraid of him rejecting me.

I can wait until after my study session. I told myslef. Yeah it would be better to contact him then.

I arrived at the school and went to my class. There was only five other students who were doing the weekend study session with me. Mr Choi the literature teacher was in charge of the study session. I took a seat and my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked at it and saw Hanbin's name. My heart skipped a beat. Oh my god. How had he gotten my number? Why was he calling? I stood to go in the hallway while I answered the call. "Hello." I said. There was a lot of noise and static in the background. "Hello." I said again. Did he dial me? "Hay Kim Hanbin!" I said loudly hoping he would hear me.

"Lee Hi."

I was startled by a voice. I looked up to see Mr Choi standing in front of me. He smiled tightly. "Can you follow me to the library? I need help carrying some things."

I nodded and followed along behind him.

In the library he walked all the way to the back. My mind was still on Hanbin. Did he know he called me or was it a accident? I could tell Mr Choi I had to use the bathroom so I could call him back. "Those right there." Mr Choi said pointing to a small stack of books on the floor. I frowned, there wasn't a lot. He could have easily carried them on his own. But it wasn't my place to question a teacher so I bent over to pick them up. As I did I noticed that my phone was still on, connected to the call with Hanbin.

I felt Mr Choi's body heat behind me. He was way too close. I straightned up and turned towards him. He smiled and reached out to touch my face. I flinched away from him. "Mr Choi what are you doing?" I asked feeling uncomfortable. "I can't help myself Lee Hi. You're so perfect." He reached out again and I backed up. He followed caging me in against the book case. "Please. Stop. Back up." I told him.

His face turned into a angry grimace. "You won't let me touch you but you can laugh and flirt with that low life Kim Hanbin?"

I stared at him in shock. Was this really happening right now? Was my teacher coming on to me? I'd never seen this coming. There was no sighns that I know of. He was never weird or inappropriate with me before this. "I just need you." He said placing his face into my neck and taking a deep breath. He then started to kiss my neck and I fought. I started to squirm and push and shout. "Get off me! Let me go!" He was too strong though and I couldn't escape him. The buttons on my shirt began to pop off and I screeched loudly. He used one hand to restrain me and the other to cover my mouth. "Stop screaming. Im not going to hurt you. I love you." He said with a crazy gleam in his eyes.

Suddenly his weight was pulled off me and I gasped in a breath. Hanbin stood in front of me fist raised. He punched mr Choi in the face and then kicked him in the chest sending him sprawling to the floor. He marched over to where he lay and began kicking him. "You sick bastard. How dare you! I'm going to ing kill you! You're going to regret the day you decided to touch her."

I rushed over and grasped onto his arm. "Hanbin no, stop." I told him.

I could hear a commotion behind me and looked to see other students gathered around with shocked looks on their faces. "Mr Choi attacked her." I could hear some of them mumbling.

 

Hanbin wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close. "Are you ok?" He asked. I nodded against his chest as tears fell. "I heard it all over the phone. I was on my way to school and I heard you yelling for him to stop." He said. "I felt so helpless, I didn't think I would get to you in time."

"I was so scared."

 

Soon the library was filled with other teachers and the principal. They ushered the other students away. Mr Choi was kept far away from us as we waited for the police. "Lee Hi you're parents have been called. Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" Mrs Kang asked. I shook my head. I didn't need a hospital, I didn't want to move from where I was. I stood incircled in Hanbin's arms. He hadn't let me go through it all. He'd even given me his jacket to cover up since my shirt was ripped open. "I'm glad you decided to call me when you did. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't show up." I said once Mrs Kang walked away leaving us alone. He pulled me in tighter. "I am too."

"You know I was just thinking of calling you when you called me."

He smirked. "I figured. Bobby told me you were asking for my number."

Stupid Bobby couldn't keep his big mouth shut.

Now probably wasn't the time to talk about this but it was now or never. I wanted to get it off my chest. "I was going to call to tell you I was sorry about running off yesterday. I was so overwhelmed and I didn't know what I was feeling..."

He interupted me. "Its ok Hiyi. We don't have to talk about this now."

"Yeah we do. I want to." I told him. Once my parents get here they would be upset and fussing over me. I doubted I would get a chance to speak to him again today. "I want to try... With you. Dating. If you still want to." I said awkwardly. "That's what I wanted to tell you earlier."

"Really? This doesn't have anything to do with me saving you?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm greatful that you did but that's not why. I've wanted to tell you this since last night."

"What about Bobby?"

I bit my lip. "A moment of insanity. If you don't want to you can just tell me no."

He laughed. "Oh I want to. I've wanted this for a long time."