Lee Hi-Speak Now

You R In Love

 

 

"Horrified looks from everyone in the room but I'm only looking at you."

 

 

 

Chapter 1: Lee Hi - Speak Now

 

 

 

It was the beginning of September, the beginning of fall and the beginning of a new school year. I stood at the public bus stop with my sister who stood beside me looking down at her phone texting. Probably her best friend. I was surprised he hadn't met us at our house. "Where is your other half?" I asked her. She barely glanced up from the cell phone clutched in her hand before saying quietly. "He left to school already with someone else." Wow. This was big. They always did everything together. But now that I think about it Suhyun had been home a lot this vacation instead of out hanging out with Bobby.

 

 

"Does Bobby have a girlfriend?" I asked. Thats the only thing I could think of. Bobby and Suhyun had been close friends going on four years now, ever since he moved in next door from America. Girls and boys couldn't stay just friends though for long and I always thought she liked him as more than a friend. "Are you jealous?" I asked fishing for more information. She stemmed really upset and I didn't want my little sister to go through any pain alone.

 

 

"No!" She said shocked. "He doesn't have a girlfriend. And even if he did why would I be jealous? Ewww."

 

 

The bus pulled up and we got on and the bus was packed with students so we stood at the back. "So why have you been all depressed? And who is he with?"

 

 

"Why do you care Hi? You don't even like him." She said me rolling her eyes.

 

 

I lightly pushed her shoulder and she laughed. "I don't care about him I care about you." I told her.

 

 

"He's been hanging out with these guys. You should know them. One is in the same year as you. Kim Hanbin. The others are Lee SeungHoon and Song Mino."

 

 

I made a disgusted face. Yeah I knew them. Kim Hanbin was in the same homeroom as me. He was so arrogant and annoying. All the girls in our year had crushes on him. He hung out with the seniors Mino and SeungHoon, now it seems Bobby is hanging out with them too.

 

 

"We'Ve had our own friends before. I know he's older than me and has to hang out with guys doing guy things but.... He never has time for me anymore. And he always said he would walk me right to homeroom on my first day." She said pouting. It was Suhyun's first day as a 1st year in high school. I wrapped my free arm around her shoulder. "Awww. I'll walk you to homeroom."

 

 

Stupid Kim Jiwon. How dare he stand up my sister to hang out with those apes. I should've known though. He's a full four years older than her. They couldn't be friends forever.

 

 

 

 

At school I linked my arm with Suhyun and started walking down the hall. "Lee Hi!" My friend Aram called out waving madly at me. "What's up?" I asked leading Suhyun over to her. She looked at Suhyun sceptically without saying anything. "Oh this is my little sister Lee Suhyun." I introduced her.

 

 

 

"Oh. Well. Today's the day. I'm finally going to do it." Aram said. 

 

 

 

Not this again. I thought. She's been going about confessing to Hanbin since our first year and never ends up doing it. He's a major jerk anyways so I don't know why she likes him. "Really?" I said instead trying to sound enthusiastic. "Yup. Him and Jenni broke up. He's totally single." 

 

 

"Uh huh. I'm going to bring Suhyun to her class." I told her backing away pulling Suhyun with me.

 

 

"OK I'll text you and tell you how it went." She said waving a note at me and turning in the other direction. 

 

 

 

"Wow she really likes that guy."

 

 

"Unfortunately." I said. 

 

 

"Wait is he the same Hanbin you're always complaining about?" She asked. 

 

 

"Yes. He's always doing stuff just to irritate me. Its like its his hobby." I grumbled. And for some unfortunate reason we always end up being seat mates. I hated having to sit next to him and and his big ego and his even bigger nose. We stopped outside of the classroom. "Don't be nervous. You'll be fine." I told her. 

 

 

 

I watched her enter the class before walking away. As I walked down the hall I spotted four guys standing around laughing loudly and pushing each other. I immediately knew who they were. They were walking in the same direction I was coming from. When they were close enough for me to see each of them and make out their faces Bobby was with them.

 

 

"Jerk." I sneered at him as they passed by.

 

 

"What did I do now? All because I turned down your friend?" Hanbin asked.

 

 

"Not you loser. Him." I said pointing at Bobby. "He knows what he did. You disappointed somebody today."

 

 

Bobby had the decency to look guilty as he watched me. 

 

 

 

"What's this. Something going on with you and her?" Hanbin asked Bobby.

 

 

"None of your business." I said sticking my tongue out at him before walking away. I could still hear him chuckling behind me.