Remembering Her

Silent Letters

The house was an disarray of flashy lights, sweating bodies and the smell of alcohol.  Kai sat down with his friends while girls flocked around him, the music and noise making it hard for them to speak to one another.

" Why are you late?" Chanyeol shouted, his throat was scratchy from yelling above the noise.

" I took a shower." Kai shouted in reply.

His eyes scanned across the bodies dancing on the floor, bored. Just then, his eyes flitted to someone in particular, a girl. Pushing pass people, he walked towards her and onto the dance floor. 

She whispered onto his earlobe, hot breath blowing against his ear an causing a shiver down his spine, "My name is Sena."

"Se...Sena..." he drunkenly replied, as he pulled her waist closer to him.

Sena wrapped her arms around his neck, inching closer every minute they danced, the intimate contact was overwhelming. Just then, Kai felt a jab in his chest. It normally didn't happen when he was faced partying with girls like this, dancing to be exact. Unwrapping Sena's arms of his neck, he headed out for a short breather.

Sitting outside the garden on a bench, he stared at the starry sky.

" Pretty isn't it?" a feminine voice spoke.

He turned and saw a girl walking towards him, settling herself down on the bench. For some reason he couldn't look away, his eyes glued to her face as he stared at every detail on her. For some reason, he wanted to remember everything about her. However, those were just a drunken man's words.

" You always liked the stars. They remind you of your mom." she murmured, softly but Kai caught it..

"How did you know that?" he asked,curious by the fact how a stranger knew about his private life.

She faced him. Eyes to eyes; nose to nose; lips to lips; directly proportional to each other. Kai internally gulped, his heartbeat had suddenly accelerated as electric shocks jolted his body. He could feel cold air sitting on his face... It was like all his senses were magnified to the next level.

The next line made him curious, but it rang a bell.

"Because you are Jongin."


Eunhee carried the collapsed Jongin around, searching for one of his friends. He had collapsed in front of her, after what she said. After all, it was not like Jongin remembered everything, for when he was drunk he could only remember fuzzy memories.  Spotting boys table, she saw Chanyeol, who seemed like the only sober person besides her.

"Erm Chanyeol-si, Kai collapsed on the ground and you should send him back." she spoke.

Chanyeol stared at the girl in front of him.  She wasn't particularly pretty but she had curves, long hair, soft lips and curly eyelashes. Kai never dated any girl, nor did any girl bother to bring him back to their table and asked his friends to send him home. Just who was she?

Once she sat Jongin's sleeping body against the chair, she got ready to leave. 

"Wait!" Chanyeol stopped her on her tracks, " What's your name?"

She turned to face him, eyes stilted " Do I know you?"

Chanyeol looked confused." No."

"Then there's no point in me getting to know you." And she spun, walking out of the door.

Chanyeol stood staring at the figure that just left.

' She's interesting. Different from anyone else I've met.' He thought.

 

Eunhee had gotten back home at eleven. She felt exhausted and highly annoyed at herself.

" Why did I say that? Remember...Jongin isn't yours anymore. You can't love him." she reprimanded herself. 

[ Flashback ]

Eunhee looked at herself in the mirror. She knew Jongin was going to be at Suho's party and she wanted to see him,talk to him, even for once when he was drunk. And the party seemed to be perfect time to meet him.

Standing in front of the house with a dress that seemed way too short,  make-up on her face that seemed to be a different face, she heaved a deep breath. She was going in for her one chance to speak to him, at the same time going to be snickered at by her classmates if they recognized her.

Walking in the house, guys wolf-whistled at her while girls glared at her intensively.

' Thank god, no one recognized me' she thought and mentally sighed in relief.

Spotting Jongin outside in the backyard she smiled. She always knew he liked the stars and he knew all the constellations by heart, thus came the nickname Space traveler. Looking at him staring into the sky brought back memories of  the past: the times when they were alone, placid and serene air enveloping their hearts as they gaze into the night sky.

She felt the urge to cry. Jongin had grown to be such a endearing boy. And even if he didn't remember her in his past, she was content by the glass walls that distanced herself from him....watching by the days he grew older, his smiles and laughs imprinted in her heart. 

"Pretty isn't it?" she asked him as he stared at the stars and continued, "You always liked the stars. They remind you of your mom."

This time he spun around to face her. Her chest thumped loudly, each beat accelerating as every second passed. Unconsciously, her eyes darted around his face, as if remembering the sight of every single detail that she absorbed in her mind.

He murmured something incoherently, though she didn't hear it , she knew the answer. He made her feel protected. Beautiful. Worth-while. Loved.

It was always Jongin. No one except Jongin had put in effort to make her happy.  

H made her sad days bearable and her happy days momentous.

They were always in her heart. Jongin.... was a midsummer's night dream-

"Because you are Jongin."  she spoke unknowingly. 

He stared at her curiously, shiny orbs glowing brightly in the dim lights beautiful as ever. She didn't elaborate. It wasn't worth elaborating.

Jongin was a midsummer's night dream, that had to be stopped.


Kai woke up with a hangover the next day, meaning he probably passed out halfway through the party. And he had woken up in the morning with a killer headache. He made a mental note to thank his friends for sending him home.

Trudging out of bed, he placed his left hand on the closest wall and walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water and painkillers. Gulping it down his throat he recalled the past events.

He couldn't specifically remember much. But the line that first came in his head was the fact that she called him Jongin. No one called him Jongin. He was always Kai. What struck him was he wasn't annoyed at the fact that she called him Jongin struck him hard. He couldn't exactly remember how she looked like, only her long brown hair and the kind aura that surrounded her.

Sighing, he got ready for school in hopes she will be there, and he would be able to recognize her. He wanted to know her name, and how was she connected to him and why did he feel a strange connection with her. He needed straight answers.

Too bad, because he has to figure out the answers himself.


Hello <3 LittleArtemis here!!!

I'm glad to see those comments, subscribers, upvotes and views.  I can't help it but thank you for supporting?

How do you like the fic so far? It kinda inspires how people can still feel connections onto each other even if they forget that person. I would like to thank all of you for reading my stories <3

Please convince your frens,family, enemies EVERYONE TO READ IT cuz I really appreciate reading your comments and everything :)

-LittleArtemis ^^