TEST results

Silent Letters

Eunhee had woken to a 'ping' on her phone: a message.

Chanyeol: You're not ugly. You're beautiful

Undearneath was a picture attached, broadcasting a handsomely smiling Chanyeol and a smiling Eunhee. Eunhee pouted. She didn't look that good right next to Chanyeol, who seemed to have that happiness bubble everywhere

Chanyeol was waiting right in front of her house, when she opened the door.

"Eunhee-ah!" he called, cheekily grinning

"How do you know where I live?"

"Well...Let's just say I have my sources." Chanyeol grinned and let a hearty laugh.

"Come on, let's get going Eunhee."

Kai had witnessed the so called "couple" entering the school. It wasn't like he stalked them or anything, it was more of the fact that everyone was talking about it on campus.

"Did you see Chanyeol oppa walking with that ugly ?!"

"I heard she works at a bar. ."

"They don't even look good together."

Kai had to agree with the fact that they didn't even look good together. Heck, the only person that looked good with Eunhee was...Him. And Eunhee wasn't ugly. She was pretty average in his opinion, but that made it even more endearing...Her ordinariness. He could feel anger bubbling inside him, the mere mention of a insult towards Eunhee. He glared silently at the girl who said that, she was dressed in a short skirt and full of make up.

"I'm sure Eunhee is prettier than you ." he muttered, loud enough for him to hear.

 

The test results were out today.

Kai felt oddly nervous, different from all the previous tests. Perhaps it was his first time actually trying, and he wouldn't want his efforts to go to waste.

"The person who scored the highest in the class for this test goes to...KIM KAI."

Kai gaped. Never once had he expected this. He thought he would slide through the near margin of eighty percent. But life is always unpredictable. He walked up to front to receive his paper, earning a positive remark on tremendous improvement from Cha seongsaenim. A big. fat ninety eight percent was scrawled in red ink.

Eunhee had walked up to him after class. To be honest, she didn't really expect Kai to work this hard. Because he managed to score the highest, she knew how hard he worked for it. When Kai wanted something, he always worked hard for it. 

" Kai...Good work." she said awkwardly.

"Well, I guess we're going out this Saturday after all. You should be over the rainbow to be out with this hotness" he teased, gesturing his body.

Eunhee rolled her eyes, sighing dramatically while clutching her chest. 

"Oh my god...What an honor it is to be going out with the great KIM KAI." she spoke,sarcastically.

"Well then...I'll pick you up at ten in the morning." he said,and smiled, not before sending a wink.

"Sure thing." she said, smiling back making Kai freeze on the spot.

Kim Eunhee just smiled at him. He could hear angels singing. He wanted to do everything to not let that smile leave her face, and it made him even more happier that it was a smile for him only. Not Chanyeol.

"Um hello. Earth to Kai." Kim Eunhee waved her hands in front of the now frozen Kai.

Kai snapped back to reality, realizing Eunhee waving her hands at him. He blushed, tremendously and faced the ground.

"Um..um..I guess I'll be going now.  Bye Eunhee."

"Bye Kai" she spoke and waved.

Kai's mood went up 90% after that. He loved the way she said his name. It sounded so pure, coming from her lips.

"Aish...Why do I keep making a fool out of myself!"


Saturday came and it was a nervous wreck for both parties. Eunhee had woken up in the morning to look up at the ceiling. It was perhaps her final date with Kai, before he went to someone else. And it was right to cherish that moment before they parted.

"Just once, these rules will be broken."

Slowly, she lifted her head up to her window. Even if they were fated to meet each other, they just weren't meant to be...The obstacles that held them apart were meant to keep them apart.

She looked at the clock on the wall, and her eyes widen at the time.

"Eotteoke??!! FIFTEEN MINUTES TILL I MEET KAI!!! AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT READY YET??!!."

And sound of hurried footsteps echoed around the aprartment.

Kai was much more prepared compared to Eunhee. And not to mention, more excited. He spent the night preparing for where to go, what to eat and what to wear. It felt awfully weird and familiar, for he never did anything like that to his previous flings.

Tugging on the slightly crumpled collar of his dress shirt, he stood by the door and subsequently pressed the doorbell.

There wasn't any reply for a few moments, and Kai swore he felt like turning back. 

A sound of a crash was heard from the inside, and the door opened, revealing a slightly messy, cutely dressed Kim Eunhee.

She smiled, cheek turning red at the situation they were in. "So where are we going?"

Kai didn't reply. He was much too concentrated on the person standing in front of him, dressed in something other than the school attire. He knew she was pretty but he didn't know she was that pretty.Or to put it in other words, drop dead gorgeous beautiful. There was that sort of rebel in her, which was something that was hidden against the ironed uniformed attire she wore to school.

"Kai?" she waved her hands in front of his face.

Kai swallowed, averting his gaze to his car and smiled "Let's go"

Eunhee didn't know where they were going, nor did she say bother to ask. To her it seemed like a test, on how much Kai had remembered her, her favorite places to go, favorite food and things to do. She admired male sideways, as he hummed a small tune while tapping on the steering wheel. Jongin was in a good mood today, Eunhee was more than happy to make it last. 

"Hey we're here." Kai nudged Eunhee, who was on the verge of falling asleep.

Slamming the doors of the car shut, they hiked up Namsan hill, to one of Eunhee's most favorite places in Seoul: Namsan Tower. Jongin in the past had always knew how much she loved it: the cool, fluttering breezes, the heights and the ability to get away from the city life and her past. He knew she loved it so much that on his 15th Birthday, they got a pair of locks, a pink one for her and a blue on for him and latched it on the ledge, right in fron of the city skyline. She ought to find the locks once they reached the tower.

"The breeze feels nice right?" Kai turned to face her, the wind blowing against their faces,

She smiled, "Yep."

"I'm just going to go to the toilet. Seriously desperate to pee."

Eunhee laughed and watched him leave then proceeding to the skydeck to look for the locks. They looked rather tarnished, due to oxidation but the writings were still readable.She rubbed her fingers on the black ink, feeling the emotions when Jongin and her had wrote the locks. Those were the melancholic moments, and the writings had brought back great memories of the times when she was alive.

Kai had just came out of the toilet when he saw Eunhee looking at the locks on the skydeck. The way she acted looked almost sad, like she was thinking deeply in thought... Slowly, he walked towards her but then she suddenly walked away from the locks, to take a call. As soon as he reached the deck, he glanced around the series of locks and found the lock she was looking at, a rather tarnished one. It was a blue lock decorated with hearts and smacked straight in the centre were the words that said: 'Me and My angel on my 15th Birthday.' It wasn't something to be particularly surprised about but what shocked him the most was who wrote it: Kim Jongin. Him. And he had no absolute memory of it.


Hello guys :D

Here is a specifically famously long update for you...The date will continue of course but now I have given you a taste of Jongin's and Eunhee's past D:

Don't be mad at me, Im just going with the story flow <3 I hope my writing is pretty decent... I feel a sense of improvement through these chapters somehow. I'm also awfully and deeply sorrry for not updating for a really long time. I have been out of the country for a while and have been coping with the preparation of my finals exams.

ANYWAY...ENJOY THE UPDATE. Please post some questions on my wall if you have any :D

Don't forget to upvote comment and subscribe! 

Love

LittleArtemis