A weeping teardrop

Silent Letters

"Hey Krystal." Jongin called out on the way to lunch.

Krystal smirked. She knew her introduction got to him, and it was only a matter of time before he fell head over heels for her.

She turned to her back, smiled softly at the male figure.

"Yes?"

"Were we close in the past?"

"Of course we were, we had every class together."

That part was true. She had forced the principal into her having all the classes Jongin did.

"Well, would you like to sit with us at lunch then?"

"Why not?"

"Great. I'll see you there." Kai spoke and signaled a small wave.

The girls beside Krystal squealed.

"OMG, you are close to Kai oppa?!!"

" You must be soooo lucky to sit with him at lunch.

Krystal who enjoyed the attention over her fake smiled. Now, this time the tables have turned. There was no Kim Eunhee, and Kai was going to be hers, solely hers.

Chanyeol had invited Kim Eunhee to sit with them at lunch, which Eunhee declined when she realize Krystal was there and watching all these schemes made it too much to handle. So she mindlessly walked around the school, her feet bringing her leading her namelessly. And she found herself in the nurse room, drawing her heart out.

" Kim Eunhee...I seriously don't understand you. Why on earth do you want to draw in a nurse room?" Nurse Lee spoke tiredly.

Eunhee ignored her, continuing her sketches on a fascinating flower in the vase that she found on the desk table. 

"This is a place for the sick. Not those who want to enjoy their leisure time. If you want to draw, got to the art room!"

Eunhee sighed and faced her begrudgingly

"Well...It's not my fault that the art room is not a place where I get inspiration but a nurse office." she spoke, semi-annoyed.

Nurse Lee gave up in the end, trying to convince her. Those countless occasions Eunhee had came, she has gotten used to it. And it wasn't bad to have a person there in the lonely office.


Kai settled down at lunch, chatting to Krystal about his life, who seemed so enthusiastically interested.

He found her as an amiable, sociable and intelligent. Their small talk definitely meant something to him, and he was interested in knowing her. But, not to the far extent that he liked her. However, some gut wrenching feeling proved him otherwise. 

Chanyeol felt a bit down, glancing at his right where Eunhee always sat. He felt sad, knowing that she rejected his offer, and the fact that she didn't sit with him at lunch because she reciprocate feelings for him saddened him even more.

The rest of EXO looked at him, some looking at him like a retard while some looking at him sympathetically.

A bunch of comforting and not so comforting words were thrown around the table.

"Hyung, maybe she was busy."

"Or maybe she found out about your secret underwear incident."

"MAYBE YOU SMELL HYUNG!!" that was the loud chirpy voice of Oh Sehun.

Chanyeol who grew red because of the comments hissed, " Stop it you friggin loud freaks, or not the whole world is going to hear...I don't want those rumors getting to Eunhee."

Kai was returning his lunch tray when all of a sudden, he slipped.

" Hyung!" 

There was a huge gasp, and people crowded around him. A banana peel laid,camouflaged by the crowd. 

"We'll take you to the nurse room...Ppali!!" Kyungsoo spoke, both him and Suho wrapping their arms around him, to lift him.

Eunhee sat in the other curtain, bathing in silence when she heard voices.

"Just put him here.. The rest of you get out, and go to class. You can visit him later."

Eunhee peered through the curtain, and it shocked her to see Kai there.

"Yah..Kim Eunhee, Help me lift him up, I need to check his vitals."

She had experienced a bunch of these sick lads while sketching in the nurse office, and it was instinctive for her to help. Besides, Nurse Lee could always use an extra pair of hands.

They lifted him in a sitting position, took his pulse and checked on everything else but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"He's fine. The impact just caused him to knock out for a bit. Anyway, I'm heading to the toilet, I'll write you a pass when I return." Nurse Lee told her.

Eunhee grabbed a chair and sat beside him.

The chiseled face, smooth arms and those endearing eyes. It pained her, knowing that her love for him was still there. She had tried to fight it too hard, but it didn't disappear like she hoped it would.

'Maybe...Just for five minutes I'll give in...Until Nurse Lee is back.' she thought.

Running her fingers down his brown, ruffled hair made her breathless. Those dazzling eyes that drove her insane. She missed his touch, and being next to him felt like a dream. She slipped her hand into his, and marveled on how after so many years it still fits. The rough texture, warm and comforting, she could still feel it lingering as she broke the contact.

Bringing his hand against her lips, she planted a soft kiss, full of emotions...Longing. pain and grief.

"You truly are an angel Kim Jongin." she whispered, " But it's time for me to wake up from my Prince Charming."

Her tears were threatened to fall...But the singular drop that fell on to his palm was enough evidence, that someone was here and had left. She left, leaving a tear drop like how Cinderella left her glass slipper.

Unfortunately, there wasn't a Prince Charming to save her and this was reality and not some whimsical fairytale.


Jongin woke up, a few minutes later, his body aching from the fall, and he knew that the EXO boys will be fussing over him for a week. Then, he felt something wet on his palm. Bringing it closer to his view, he identified it as a drop of water. So, there really was someone here. He had felt a warm comforting presence beside with him all this while, keeping him in peace. In an unknown way, it sent his heart beat sprinting and a person came into his mind. He shrugged it off, as a side effect from the fall.

Reaching out for the bag that the boys left, he looked to see if there was a note. And there was.

He opened it, careful not to crease the edges.

Dear Jongin,

I hope you are okay from your fall a while ago. It must have hurted a lot, and I'm sorry I wasn't there to comfort you. Don't believe what people say, but trust yourself. That way, you can avoid having mishaps from your memories. 

Anyway, can you remember this part? When you fell and twisted your ankle?

11-year old Jongin had fallen onto the ground after a football match. 8-year old Summer who was still curious and confused when Jongin told her he couldn't go to school the next day.

"I've hurt my leg badly Summer." 

Summer's eyes widened. "Are you going to die oppa? Don't die...I don't want you to die."

"I won't die." Jongin reassured and smiled.

"I won't allow you to die oppa. I'll stay and guard you away from death."

Jongin smiled and ruffled her hair. " Yes you will, Oppa knows you will." he spoke with a teasing smile.

Summer had fallen asleep on Jongin's bed around that time, tired from school and nursing Kim Jongin. But her hands didn't stop moving. It tapped lightly, against Jongin's leg, in a slow steady pace.

I know you remember it. 

-Silent

And Silent was right. Rather than the throbbing pain that was hurting him now, he remembered a memory. The clearest memory out of all the rest, and he could tell Summer had a birth mark on her ankle. 

He was proud of himself for that moment. One step closer to finding her.


Hello!! LittleArtemis here <3

I can't help noticing the little efforts you guys have put in to this story... And I really appreciate it.

Sorry for the late update, was busy this week with the ongoing stuff in report cards and my mom grounding me due to low grades.

I don't get asian families, even if I'm asian myself. LOL.

Anyway!! Enjoy the update <3

KEEP THE HEARTS UP.... And there's a little KaiHee moment before all the trouble runs in with Jung Krystal. Don't worry, she gets on my nerves too ^^

LOVE YA ALL

LittleArtemis