The Secret Deal

Silent Letters

Everyone flocked around Kai the minute he went in class. 

"Oppa, gwenchana?" 

"Oppa....How are you?"

Krystal who stood in the middle of it all, sauntered up to face him, and placed her hand on his forehead a bit too long then asking him if he was okay.

"Yeah..I'm okay." shrugging his shoulders, he sat back on his desk not before a small survey around the room where a distinct girl sat, her hair falling on her face as she concentrated on the drawing she was making.

Kai unknowingly frowned.

'There. All done.' Eunhee admired at her picture of Chanyeol which the latter had asked her to draw.

The pencil felt hot against her hand, and the paper was slightly creased, from the constant movement of her hand. But she couldn't explain the satisfication of the portrait she did. It had felt like forever since she drew a self potrait...And she was significantly happy about this one. But she couldn't deny that the best portrait she ever drew was a portrait of Kai. Perhaps she spent hours studying every detail from the creases above his forehead to the slightly chapped lips while pouring each sketch with a tremendous amount of love.

Kai glanced to the back, when the teacher turned away to write on the board.  

'Cute.' he thought, looking at Eunhee smiling down on her desk, while "outwardly" sweeping pencil shavings down the ground and looking away seemingly innocent.

Her gaze then met his. They stared at each other.

Eunhee looked nervous for a moment, and looked away, suppressing the blush she held in after Kai caught her looking. Kai chuckled softly, letting his eyes linger over her a bit more before turning back to the board.

Class ended and Eunhee excitedly went to find Chanyeol to show him her sketch. Kai too, was surprised by the sudden burst of energy in her and had hoped that after class, he could ask her if she wanted to sit with them at lunch. And perhaps, engage in a conversation with her?

Chanyeol grinned widely, looking at the figure that was approaching him. He could make out the long auburn hair, the black glasses that clung against her face. He could hear his heartbeat thumping in anticipation as she approached.

"Chanyeol-ah, I did it!!I did it!!!"

He smiled at the highly anticipated girl and slowly unwrapped the brown packaging, that she gave to him. He treasured the moment wanting to remember the day significantly, a beautiful girl giving him a gift that she worked hard on.

Eunhee clasped her hands in front of her, praying he would like the gift.

A soft gasp erupted from his throat.

He looked up at the girl, a soft forlorn expression, forming on his face.

"Eunhee-ah... This is beautiful..." he spoke and ran his hand throughout the paper, feeling the texture and the hard work which had Eunhee's hands marked all over.

Eunhee grinned, happy that he liked it. Tiptoeing, she slung her arm against his shoulder and together they walked to lunch...with the sound of Chanyeol's heart thumping at the mere contact.

Little did they know, someone was watching.


Kai had arrived at the table with Krystal, only to see Chanyeol and Eunhee sitting next to each other and engaging in a deep conversation, not bothering to look up. His heart clenched, frustrated at the closeness between the two.

"Hyung!" 

All of them faced him, including Chanyeol and Eunhee. 

His eyes met against hers, establishing contact. She was looking between him and Krystal, curious as to why those two were so close now. She was slightly hiurt over that fact, but cooled down slightly realizing that she too was trying to get over Kai. Kai had searched her eyes for answers, noticing how she would always look at him and Krystal with a slight frown. He and Krystal were just friends though, and he just hung out with her in order to gain some lost memories back...But nothing seemed to be working.

" Chanyeol hyung...I heard you said that Eunhee drew you a picture." 

"Yeah she did." he spoke, unable to contain a smile which shone brightly.

Kai could feel darkness radiating inside of him, and he could not question why. He felt a sort of distaste towards his hyung and Eunhee, different from everyone else who seemed to be shooting winks to the pink tinted Chanyeol.


"Eunhee, do you want me to walk you home?" Chanyeol asked when they met at the lockers. He hoped she would say yes, so maybe he could buy her some coffee and they would walk home together. He loved spending time with her, and hoped she liked him back too.

"I can't. I have to tutor your idiotic friend Kai." she said, sighing tiredly. 

"Tutoring Kai isn't that bad..."

"I honestly don't get his problem though. He keeps being cold to me when I didn't even do anything wrong."

"Well...Good luck then." Chanyeol smiled and waved before gazing at the disappearing figure walking away. He made a mental note to question Kai about that later.

Eunhee approached Kai's door and knocked. It revealed a Kai who drawled with a lazy smirk.

"Hey." his husky deep voice, which would have made any girl's heart flutter within seconds.

And Eunhee wasn't gonna give into his commands this time. She was sick of Kai and his pick- up habits.

"We are going to sit down and study whether you like it or not." she spoke sternly, plopping down a huge stack of books.

Halfway through the session, Kai wasn't even listening. He played with his pencil, asking questions and touched Eunhee's hand every chance he got.

"So....why did you draw Chanyeol a picture?" He wanted an answer to settle the unsettling feeling that he had been feeling the whole day.

"What are you... prying into my life?"

"Just tell me."

"He asked for one."

Kai frowned...annoyed at how Chanyeol was on good terms with her.

"Well will you draw me one?"

"No."

It felt like forever since he drew Kai...And drawing him meant bringing back the emotions she was trying to suppress.

"Well...Let's make a deal then."

"That depends...What sort of deal?" she spoke, locking eyes with Kai.

He smiled, continuing..." If I score above 80% in English...You'll spend a day with me."

"Spend a day with you? As in a date?" she asked, containing the weird surge of emotions that swirled around her.

"Not a date. As in getting to know each other." 

"Fine. Once you score more than 80% I'm not gonna tutor you anymore anyway."  she spoke, deciding that it was the only way for him to work harder.

Kai smiled inwardly and opened the door for her to leave, muttering a soft bye which she responded with the same message.

A few minutes after her departure, Kai buried his palms on to the table. Just what mess did he get himself into? Kim Kai wasn't good at studying and he was barely passing his subjects and to be able to score higher than 80% would be a miracle. However, spending a Chanyeol-free day with her seemed impossible and studying seemed impossible as well.

Flipping his English book open once more,trying to decipher the foreign words that clung on the book and fitting them in his head. Kim Jongin was going to try to study for once.


OMG.I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.

Things have been busy :( and life just got tough :( 

I wonder who is watching.... *winks*

So who do you support Eunhee with? I'm curious....

Valentine's around the corner...any gifts for crushessss <3 <3 <3 

LOVE YOU GUYS, DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE...

wait till you become a author u silent readers,,,,You become desperate for comments...Lol

-LittleArtemis^^