Jung Krystal

Silent Letters

Kai crossed his arms on the desk, thinking about the day in the amusement park. Well, more specifically scenes of similarities that happened that day.

There was a younger version of him and a girl, sitting on the exact rollercoaster that day and raising their hands up. If he recalled correctly, the girl had said 'Oppa, look we're flying!' And what surprised him the most was evident in his eyes: the adore he had for the girl beside him. He could even feel the slight flutter in his heart as he thought about the girl who he couldn't remember the face of.

He recalled when Eunhee touched his hand. His heart was thumping so loud, he swore she could hear it. That feeling...Wihat is it? So famaliar yet so new. He couldn't believe he actually wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel with her when Chanyeol hyung was sticking on her for the whole day. And that Kim Eunhee girl didn't even do anything about it.

"Listen class." Cha seongsaengnim spoke, as she surveyed the class to make sure everyone was paying attention.

"Today..." she continued, "We have a new transfer student. Her name is Jung Soojung."

A brown hair girl entered, looking slightly nervous as she looked around the crowd. She was rather pretty. She had an innocent look on her face, a little curious like an ordinary girl.

"Annyeonghasayeo...My name is Jung Soojung. You can call me Krystal." she bowed.

"Now...Soojung. Let's see...Where will she sit?" Cha seonsaengnim spoke, looking at the class.

"I'll sit next to Kai. We were close in middle school and mid high school." she spoke and walked to sit at the empty seat next to Kai.

All the girls in the class turned to face her, shooting her dead glares and glances, but Krystal didn't care. Kai was hers. And when she wanted something, no one stood in the way of it.


"Oh my god. Eunhee-shi did you receive it?" her seat mate asked. It was perhaps one of the few moments where her seat mate actually talked to her, instead of ignoring her eighty percent of the time.

"Receive what?" she asked, wondering what could be so urgent.

"There's a new exchange student who sat next to Kai!" she said and showed her the text with a picture underneath.

It was a picture of a girl's back and Kai's back, taken by someone who sat behind them. And she could recognize the girl anywhere, because she ws the girl that made her life hell. And she was back.

'Jung Soojung.' she thought and her fist tightened.

She recalled the days where they were the best of friends. Always sharing secrets, talking about boys and getting caught in class for chatting too  much.  When she found out that Soojung liked Kai, she was ecstatic that Soojung finally found someone to like. Even if Kai was cold in school, didn't mean he was cold at heart. He just didn't like people using him for his money or good looks. 

That was until she liked Kai. Soojung had completely abandoned her after finding out. From the nice Soojung who had always cared about her best friend, she threw away her friendship for a boy. Kai.  Soojung had completely ignored her after that, her classmates stopped befriending her because Soojung spreaded rumors about her being a , someone who had because of money and that she was high on drugs. But it didn't matter, because Kai still stood by her side.

It became hell when Kai liked her back. She had electrifying waves shocking her body when she heard his confession, the soft fluttering in her heart that contrasted it. It was a brilliant feeling that came along with consequences.

Soojung, who was all bark but no bite started her acts. From flooding her locker with trash to beating her up in the gym bathroom till she was beyond aching. She didn't cry in front of them. It was stupid for her to shed a tear from their acts. The only time where she cried was when they were all gone, and she was alone. She did not cry because of the pain- it didn't hurt that much. She cried for the pent up emotions for her best friends rejection, how she became lonelier and how she had only Kai too depend on.

And she didn't want to depend on Kai too much, because she was afraid he might leave her. So, she never told him the incidents that happened to her.

A text buzzed from Eunhee's phone.

Sender: Unknown

Meet me at the rooftop after class ends

                               -Soojung

She needed an explanation for this. On why Soojung came back to Kai. She feared that Soojung, for all the bad deeds she did for Kai was turning into an obsession.


Eunhee headed up to the rooftop to see that Soojung was already there.

With her heels clicking, Krystal walked to face her.

"Listen Eunhee..." she spoke and pushed her against the wall, " You're not messing with my plan...and how can you still love him when you are the reason he lost his memories."

"What's your plan Soojung?" Eunhee spoke harshly. her words dripping with ice.

"Well...I'm going to be you in the past. Notice the look?" she gestured towards the way she was dressed, especially the brown hair.4

"Do you think Kai will like you, if you're acting like me?" Eunhee taunted.

"Well, he'll remember me as his best friend from the past and from there, he will start to love me." she spke and chuckled.

"Listen Kim Eunhee, you don't hold a place in Kai's heart after what you did. And not to mention that his parents never liked someone as lowly as you." she spoke and smirked towards the girl who seemed highly affected by the sentence.

Pulling her collar up close, she pushed her against the wall again, this time harshly. The impact of her body crashing onto the wall had caused several bruises to form against her back, and she forgot how it felt to feel the pain that was delivered by her ex-best friend.

"And by the way, call me Krystal." she spoke and flicked her hair, her heels clicking as she walked out.

Eunhee who was tired from everything. She was tired from the orphanage, how she had to pretend to not know Kai and now Krystal's grudge against her. Why did life throw so many obstacles in front of her? She was sick and tired, even knowing there was a reward at the end. Her back was cringing in pain right now. The sky was full of darkness and the air had gone murky, she could no longer see the end of her suffering. 

Breathing a sigh, she started walking down the stairs. It was hurting, and she wondered if she could bear the pain till the end of the day. This time, she headed down, taking little steps and every few steps, she stopped for a breather. 


Hey~ LittleArtemis here...

I'm honestly annoyed at the whole Kai and Sehun incident. Those people that clung on Sehun and Kai said that they didn't even regret it. 

Anyway, a early update!!!

Don't forget to UPVOTE!!

feel free to leave comments <3

-LittleArtemis^^