Memories

Silent Letters

Her Second letter

It was during a football match, when he received his second letter.

The audience whooped, tension in the air. You could feel the audience of Seoul National University, praying for one more goal to win. Eunhee clasped her hands together as she watched along the sidelines, for Kai's team to win. SNU had to win, they trained for days every week, through long and intense exercises to make it this far, for the championship cup. It was an annual tradition for them to win a cup, and the homecoming dance held in their honor.

The ball was stole by Chanyeol, his height equally matched by his speed and passed it swiftly towards Kai. Eunhee gasped, mumbling incoherent words in hopes of him to score. Kai lips pursed together, feeling the pressure and the faith his team placed in him, as he raised his foot to kick it. All the hope, emotions, the sweat dripping down his collarbones was determined by one kick.

The crowd grew silent.

Then whoops of applause was heard, tears shed by fellow team members and cheerleaders performing their final routine in pure happiness. Eunhee smiled, her cheekbones raising even higher to form a grin.

'Jongin. Jongin made it.' her heart pumping up and down, full of adrenaline

As the team proceeded to carry Kai up, throwing him in the air and shouting his name out aloud, Eunhee slipped away into the boys locker room. The whole room was empty, for everyone was out on the field, and she only came in for a few seconds to deliver the letter and leave without a trace. Looking around, she spotted Jongin bag.  ping his bag she saw the contents, a file, math book and a notebook. The notebook- he still had it. She had given it to him several years ago as a birthday gift, but what fascinated her was that he still had it. Maybe he unknowingly remembered her too, hopefully. She stuffed the envelope into the middle of the book with the a side edge of the letter sticking out.


 

Kai stepped in the locker room from the pitch. The locker had two doors, one to enter from inside the building, and one to exit from the pitch. The moment he stepped through the slit of the door, he saw a figure disappear, leaving the door drifting back and forth.

' No one goes in the locker except for the team...But there are all on the pitch though. Who was it?' he mumbled.

Grabbing his bag, he headed out after receiving a message there would be a party held in Baekhyun house.

Baekhyun:Party at my place, after this. Starts at 7.

Kai:Okay. Be there by 8.

He headed into the dorm for a shower, and a change out of the sweat drenched football jerseys. Emerging out of the bathroom with tousled hair, a light heartened face and smelling like fresh cinnamon, he dug through his bag for his notebook. The notebook always held some sentimental feeling in it, it had a bunch of stuck on polaroids over the years he had with his frens and several diary entries when he felt like writing. However, it didn't feel like that was all of it....There was something else that seemed special about the notebook.... It resembled someone. But he just couldn't remember who.

As he opened the notebook, a envelope was flattened neatly in between the pages. The word 'Silent' scrawled in the center of the envelope.

'What's with all the letters suddenly? And who is Silent?' he stared and spoke aloud.

Dear Jongin,

This is my second letter for you. If you are curious to who I am, I won' tell you, but you have to find out yourself. And it will be a very long and tiring task if you do.

As I said, I will continue the story of Summer and the boy.

Both of them were sitting on the bench outside the school's cafeteria, away from the noise and senseless chatter. 

"Jongbin oppa, why aren't you hanging out with your friends?" Summer asked, her brown orbs shining as she stared at him.

He flicked her forehead gently, and chuckled.

" Well, because my dongsaeng wants to hang out with me... Besides, I can always talk to my friends in class."  he smiled gently as he chuckled.

Eleven-year old Summer stared at thirteen-year old Kai, her orbs glowing with appreciation.

 The days were soft and full of happiness in that year...He and Summer became the best of friends, regularly hanging out and fooling around. They rang doorbells of all the homes down the block, getting chased by angry neighbors trailing behind them. ice cream cones in the ice cream parlor on Wednesday, to get their mouths covered with ice cream mustaches. It was a beautiful life, full of happiness and fun for lonely orphan Summer.

And Summer was content with what she had...Her friendship with Jongin. For a while.

The story will continue, and please look forward for my next letter.

-Silent

Kai frowned.

' What was that?' he thought.

At that moment, a distant memory rung....A girl's voice. 

Jongbin oppa. I really like coconut flavor ice cream. But today, since it's your birthday....I'll take chocolate.

The voice was all so familiar. He knew her, her name, her life, likes and dislikes, but all those memories were hanging on the tip of his tongue. He just couldn't ring a bell. Who was she? His childhood friend?

He needed those answers. 

The answers to his silent memories.

Kai looked up at the clock. It was a seven fifteen, a quarter past. Suho's party was starting already. Texting a quick 'on the way' message, he started his car and drove to Suho's house, mind preoccupied by thoughts and feelings. It felt like moments when he arrived.  Suho's house wasn't very big, it was a pretty average house that you would find on every street. Had a backyard, basement, two floors but what he liked about it was it smelt and felt like home. You could feel the small arguments family had covered with love, warmth and cookies.

But tonight, it was a party. Great, blaring music, girls dressed in short skirts, dresses and heels to complete a y and seductive look. The girls stared at him when he entered, their eyes roaming down his chest, his lips and his collarbones as if mentally undressing him in their minds. Kai looked at them, a bit grossed out by the fact that girls were so obsessed in getting hot boys to bed. It seemed like they were desperate for or something.

He sighed. It was going to be a long night.

 


Hello!!! LittleArtemis here <3

I really appreciate all the comments, subscribing and views you guys have gave me. This is my second chapter and I have already obtained so much support.

I would like to thank all of you for being especially supportive towards my stories, this encourages me to continue with this story.

I hope we can continue to get those reads, subscriptions and comments up.

Feel free to upvote, because I'll really appreciate it..... Try not to be a silent reader too! 

Thanks <3

LittleArtemis <3