Her First Letter

Silent Letters

Letter Number One.

Eunhee clutched the letter tightly against her chest as she peeped behind from a series of school lockers.  She wanted to do it fast, quick and get it over with. Staring down at her letter, handwritten in evenly cursived writing, she frowned. Her letter was worthless compared to the others. The rest of the letters were written with pink, floral expensive paper and decorated with stickers and scented perfume. Would he even accept it? She doubted it.

But she still had to do it.

Five minutes before class. Everyone was heading towards their classes, and it was a hallway rush hour. She was invisible right? Which meant she could easily dissolve in the crowd, and slipping the letter in while heading to class... A great idea. She just hoped no one bothered to look at her. Leaving her hidden position and now facing the crowd of noise and human chattering, she walked in...dissolving unseen in the noisy hallway. She moved herself steadily towards the side, avoiding the queenkas and potential hazards, then slipping the letter into his locker. Perfect.

It was just after class that when the letter was found, a gem among haystacks. Kai was walking down the hallway, oblivious to those that gossiped behind him. He was handsome, the little smiles that he gave....To the charismatic winks that he threw unintentionally. He walked down and opened his locker, to be greeted by a mountain of pink, glittery letters. He picked up a dozen of letters and stuffed them in the bin, not to mention the girls that stood behind him and turning away to erupt into waterworks. 

As he threw away each letter, one by one, a certain letter caught his eye. Not too glittery, nor plain but just a normal letter. Something you would give to someone as a token of appreciation, a gift or a message for a penpal. Something just made him do it. To stuff the letter in his bag and leave, hoping to read it back at the dorm.

And he did just that..

Meanwhile, a certain figure stood at the back, watching the lone figure stuffing the letter in his bag, and couldn't contain her smile.

' He accepted it!!! He's going to read it!!!' She couldn't help thinking, and grin.

'I'll write you letters everyday....If you would read it'  she smiled at the thought of him reading the words she poured hours upon pondering about.


Kai was emptying his books from his bag onto the middle of his bed, sorting the ones he had for homework and those to be taken for the next day. He always liked organizing, it gave of a neat feeling... That life became fresher in a way. It didn't really make sense, but it was Kai's logic. A fluttery envelope flew and landed right in the middle of surrounding books.

"The letter. I forgot about that." he thought.

He analyzed the envelope nicely. It was rather dull looking and plain, to be honest. But then he always liked a difference, a certain uniqueness. Tearing open the envelope, and bringing out the sheet of paper gently, he read...

Dear Kai,

I'm sure you've never heard about me. My name is Silent... And you are hear to listen to my troubles, without knowing my identity, my life or my past. Because I know you Jongin, will keep this a secret, and me holding on the fact that I trust you.

Have you ever thought about how life is never stuck in the past, but humans are? The words that were said, the days that we never got back and the happiness that was lost, we still dull ourselves over those. Life doesn't wait for us.... Something I know, but why am I doing this? My past has changed me to be a different self, to be a person stuck in the times where I felt at my happiest till the times when I was the dullest. I can't look forward to a new day. This isn't a letter I'm going to write about, but a story about the lives of others, their hearts and their pains. Throw away this sheet if you wish, or continue reading my story.

Summer shall be her name.

Summer is a girl, of great happiness,beautiful and smart in the eyes of many that adored her. Before her reign went crashing down. From riches to rags, she lost her home, her parents because of a sole mistake: One that changed her life, forever. She stopped going to church, believing in the religion, spending her days moped up in the orphanage, depressed by her mistake. It was a small mistake, but enough to change her life forever. 

And on that day, she saw a boy. A boy that grew up on the opposite of the orphanage, in one of the middle-class houses. He was walking home from primary school,  where his shoes gave off sound of the friction soles scraping on the road as her trudged on the bare road. He turned to face the opposite, and he saw her. Summer.

And he smiled.

It was the first smile Summer saw since her mistake.

The smile that asked her to live.

Please look forward to my next letter.

Yours Truly,

Silent

Kai stopped reading once he reached the bottom. Glancing to face the window, the creases of his eyes furrowed. What was that? Was that boy him? He didn't remember anything, a girl whatsoever. Kai bit his lip as he continued wondering, if he ever saw a girl on his way home from primary school. 

He never recalled the fact at all.


Eunhee sat down in front of the desk and stared through the window infront of her. Did Kai remember who she was? She remember it though, all of the memories they had, even if he never remembered them. It was a depressing fact that she couldn't help but dwell over.

Flashback

Eight-year-old Eunhee watched Jongin walking down the street. Nine-year-old Jongin,oblivious to his surroundings was humming music, while shuffling down the street. Even as a young boy he loved to dance, and his love grew more as the years went by. And at that moment he stopped, turn to stare at the figure opposite the road. 

Eunhee, who was hiding behind a trash can peeked. Jongin saw her looking at him, and he smiled in appreciation, happy that someone liked his dancing. As he continued walking he heard a thump on the opposite side of the road. Eunhee slipped on a banana peel, falling straight down on the concrete road. Being the tiny girl she was, her eyes welled up, prepared to cry. That was when he appeared.

Jongin look at the tear-stricken girl and he held a hand up, as if urging her to hold it

"It's okay. I....will....protect...you."

Eunhee looked up and smiled, for the first time in forever, she felt safe. Protected, by a boy older than her.

He gave her a reason to live.

Kim Jongin.

Eunhee snapped back into reality and looked down on her math textbook. If only the incident never happened, everything would be fine. But, she was sure it was her fault.  She brought happiness in Jongin's life and at the same time, she broke it. She yearned to have him love her, his past memories to be returned and those little talks they had together.


 

Hello <3

LittleArtemis here :) I would like your support for my fic and to give hope to those that are afraid of confessing to others.

Truthfully, I was inspired by myself . I hope you will subscribe and vote on my story :3

Keep reading and enjoy!!

<3 you

LittleArtemis