Chanyeol, the happy virus

Silent Letters

Chanyeol was walking down the corridor when he spotted a particular female peeking out from the corridor of lockers. Smiling when he saw it was the same girl at the party, he walked towards her. Eunhee was peeking out of the locker once again when her face collided with a hard chest. Staring at thee figure in front of her now, she looked up to capture his face.

'... Did he catch me looking at Jongin?' she thought and winced internally.

"Hi I'm Chanyeol." He spoke and extended his hand out for a handshake. Peering towards the name tag that clung on the fabric of  her right , he grinned.

"Hello Kim Eunhee." he replied in the place of her.

Eunhee gaped at the boy looking at the front of her, his fluffy brown hair and the dorky glasses that matched with a cap.

"Where you going? I don't have class...So can I follow?" he asked curiously.

Eunhee kept quiet and started walking away from the boy while Chanyeol, who was scratching his head looked confused. Did she want him  to follow  her? He furrowed his eyebrows. Technically she didn't reject him right? So it would mean he could follow her! Chanyeol thanked his brain energy for cooperating with him on something highly complicated.

Catching up with her, he saw her enter the library.

"The library eh? I never went in the library for several years." he thought.

 

Chanyeol didn't really favour going to the library as it was too quiet and calm. He preferred something much more active and energetic, not some place where students staring at pieces of paper with black print. Plain boring. However, the day seemed brighter and spending the day in the library didn't seem too bad.

Chanyeol rested his head against the table as one eye darted to stare at the girl sketching.Her fringe covered her face slightly and every so often she would flick it behind her ear.

" What are you drawing?" he asked, looking up to face Eunhee in the eye.

" None of your business." 

Chanyeol sat upright and peered over her shoulder to identify what she was sketching.

" Wow...you sketch really well." 

Eunhee blushed her cheeks tinted a light shade of pink. She blushed easily at compliments for she felt  she didn't deserve them.

" Its the bird that I grew up with in the orphanage." she softly spoke.

'She grew up in an orphanage? She must be lonely and sad....But then she'll have Chanyeol to spend time with! Aja aja fighting!!' he thought and decided to hang out with her more.

" Want to grab ice cream later? " Chanyeol asked and gave a eye smile.

" Sure why not?" Eunhee answered. Maybe this Chanyeol was not such a bad person. Sure he could be a bit curious about everything, but it was a natural characteristic of him that she couldn't help but smile over. She smiled softly at the grinning kid with a contagious smile and thought, 'Maybe the days will bet better now that I have this smiling idiot next to me.' 

Chanyeol saw her staring at the distance when they were walking to the store. Her eyes were unfocused and lost into deep thought, with arms limped besides her shoulders.

Wildly waving his arms while standing in front of her, he shouted loudly, "Earth to Eunhee!!! Earth to Eunhee!!"

Eunhee snapped back into action at his voice. 

"What on earth was that?" she asked, a bit shaken by the fact that a crowd was starting to form.

" Well...you weren't listening and we stood outside the ice cream parlor for five minutes." he spoke and sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. He had an obsession with doing that.

 The lady handed their ice creams: one coconut flavored and one mint flavored.

"Enjoy agashi. You and your boyfriend look good together." '

Just as Eunhee was about to deny, Chanyeol piped up, " Aw....ahjumma thank you. Ahjumma, she doesn't like me though." he spoke and pouted in an adorable way. He just made her want to squish his cheeks, cause the pout was just so freakishly ADORABLE.

"Well..The girl must be crazy to not see perfection in you kid." The ahjumma answered and turned to stared at Eunhee as if implying on why wouldn't she accept the kind lad as her boyfriend.

Eunhee gaped at him. How was she the bad one here? Her and Chanyeol weren't even together in the first place. 


As they were walking and their ice creams, Chanyeol and her were talking. From school to hobbies and laughs. They walked down the road, chatting at the same time. Eunhee smiled. It was great to have someone be with you, for u felt wanted in the world. Feeling needed by someone was a wonderful feeling because she could hardly remember when was she needed. As an orphan who was left abandoned by relations, she had always felt unwanted in such a big and vast world. It was no difference if she disappeared or not.

"Bye! I'm going this way. See you tomorrow Chanyeol~"

"Bye Eunhee!"

And those were the signs of goodbye. 

Walking into the orphanage, it felt cold and gray again. Life at the orphanage was hardly pleasing, even if the caretakers tried their hardest to make it a cheerful and memorable experience, it was far from that. Everyone who lived here hardly spoke. They huddled in small groups, mumbling and whispering. Even at the dining table, no one spoke. Everyone was playing with their food, staring at it or not there at all. 

Eunhee skipped dinner that day and thought back on the morning to her letter to Jongin.


Jongin opened up the envelope with the same handwriting written in the centre. This time, Silent had stuck the envelope on his gym bag and he had taken it home, eagerly waiting to open it. He wanted to know who the girl was.

Dear Jongin,

You know who it is now. Silent. You've been gaining your memories haven't you? Even if you know the information, you need to recall the flashback to continue. Do you remember the day you first broke your leg from soccer? Who helped you and stood by your side all these weeks?

Jongin frowned. His first broken leg. He never thought of how he got up at all, to go to the nurse office. Unless...someone helped him.

The girl was watching him praticing with his teammates on the field, and every once in a while he would throw a smile in her direction. When someone kicked him the ball, he suddenly collapsed on the ground. The pain was overwhelming, and he could feel tears gathering at the corners of his eyes.

"Jongin" the girl spoke as she kneeled beside him on the wet grass, " Jongin, gwenchana? You'll be fine okay I promise." 

She held on his hand tightly and slowly placed her pinky to wrap against his, to form a promise. 

"I promise you'll be okay Jongin." 

Jongin stared at the letter. The moment was short, but he remembered a memory. He couldn't remember the girl though, as her face and figure was blurry. He could feel nausea settling in due to overthinking. Quickly he finished the last sentences of the short letter.

You remember now don't you? Well, that girl is Summer. She helped you on the day you first broke your leg, That is your first memory on Summer, which will be followed by a chain of events.

Silent


Hello!! LittleArtemis here :D

It's been a hectic week...Im depressed over my math score though T^T

A FREAKING 40% ...I just barely passed.BARELY. 

Lol I at trigonometry and the whole test was like trigo all the way and every question was like worth 4 marks.

4 FREAKING MARKS.

Gosh...signing off now :) Please keep those views and comments going UP UP UP..It's so nice to hear your compliments >< I feel praised.

Don't forget to subscribe!!!

LittleArtemis ^^