Chapter 3

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Donghae sat staring at his monitor as his consiousness is being bombed by different thoughts, one running after another and sometimes colliding with each other for at least an hour now. And it has nothing to do with business.

Just earlier that day when they were at a conference meeting with a number of board members, Eunhyuk, one of the producers at Hits Entertainment and his good friend, had to kick him under the table when one of them asked him a question and he just sat there with a blank look on his face. It would have been acceptable if it only happened once. But three times in the span of 30 minutes?

Donghae pressed his finger at the bridge of his nose feeling an oncoming headache. The past week had been a challenge. A challenge to keep away from his wife whom he continuously see at each corner of their house eveytime he come home. The only solution he could find is to shut himself in his office. He is beginning to get suffocated inside the confine of his study. Sometimes he would just sit in his chair there and just play with his phone until he was sure Dara is already in her room.

He leaned heavily in his chair wondering what he can do today to avoid her.

Eunhyuk entered his office wearing that smirk Donghae finds irritating because it just means Eunhyuk found something to amuse himself. And it's usually on Donghae's misfortunes.

"So, what's up with you?" He plopped down on the couch lifting his two legs on the table.

Donghae returned to his computer. "Nothing."

Eunhyuk made a sound. "Right. And the reason you space out in the meeting is because you are thinking of nothing."

Donghae tilted his head to look at Eunhyuk. "She wants me to take her to Jeju," he told Eunhyuk after a moment. Eunhyuk knows of his disastrous marriage as well as the accident his wife has been involved in.

"Then take her there," Eunhyuk said as if that is the most obvious thing in the world.

Donghae scoffed. "And what? Find out her parents are already divorced for 10 years?"

"She's going to find out anyway. You know, when her memory returns?"

"She's living in her sixteen-year life," Donghae explained as he did so so many times whenever Eunhyuk asked him about Dara. "That was the time when she's holding her parents as the… I don't know… role model for married couples, whatever."

"Ahhh." Eunhyuk nodded, understanding. "So you're protecting her."

"What?" Donghae sputtered. "No!"

"Dude, this could be your chance to win her. Just sayin'."

"I don't want to win her." He was tapping the keys on the keyboard a little too hard. "It's over. Without this accident, we would have been divorced already. I just don't want to be the person who would spring the news at her that her parents are already separated, living in two different countries and that she hasn't been talking to them since she found out about it."

Eunhyuk shook his head. "Okay, whatever you say. But I really think this is your chance to-"

"She hated me, okay," he interrupted whatever his friend is going to say. "She only agreed to marry me to save face.  She hasn't talked to me for the years we were married except when it's for business matters. She practically lived in different hotels because she doesn't want to go to the same house I'm living in and you think I have a chance now that she's got amnesia?"  Then added as an afterthought. "Not that I want to have one."

"You guys are mental, that's what I think. You used to work together really well when she's still working here. You even helped her start her own company. You guys were friends when you were in your teens.”

Donghae stopped typing on his keyboard for a moment then continued. "Well, that was then," he said quietly. Before her ex-boyfriend broke her.

Donghae saved the file he was working on and shut off his computer wishing he could shut off his mind too. He hasn’t told Eunhyuk what really happened but he’s guessing Eunhyuk had an idea anyway considering the news has been in the front page for 4 months running. And then continued when the news of their wedding was announced. It was pathetic, he thought grimly. He was pathetic.  He already made up his mind to give Dara what she wants. At least, the Dara without the amnesia. And that is to keep his face out of her sight. It would've been easy if Dara would just stay in one place, and he wouldn't have to see her, or talk to her…

"It's your call," Eunhyuk said standing up and straightening his shirt. "I don't really want to add burden on your tiny shoulders but I've got some bad news, by the way."

Donghae looked up from the file he was starting to look over. "What bad news?"

"One of the songs which is supposed to be for Boys Generation has been leaked. Again. The Moon Entertaiment worked it's pathetic to buy the copyright and now it's theirs."

Donghae cursed. That company is really getting on his nerves. There has been a series of confidential information leaking out and trasported to their competes. Last month, their files of music went missing and when the new band from Moon Ent. debuted, they finally found where that file disappeared to. The lyrics were re-arranged but the beats are the same. They can't cry foul because even the hard copies disappeared. Donghae swore if he found who the mole is, he's going to toast him alive.

"Whoever's leaking that might be someone from SP," Eunhyuk continued. "All the files for SP are always the one being stolen or hacked. Any project that is for SP

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter