Chapter 15

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was in an exceptionally good mood that morning. Even when he got a business call on a Saturday morning, jolting him awake and leaving the house after making breakfast for Dara. One of their artists had been caught in a scandal and all advertisers are already threatening to cancel the contract, threatening to sue the company. It was a gueling morning but Donghae had managed to settle everything down, reassuring the director that Hits will be taking care of it. He then called the artist’s  manager and ordered him to get the artist, Kwanghee, in the building asap.

 

He went to his office, Eunhyuk following close behind. He loosened his tie and the top two buttons of his polo shirt then noticed Eunhyuk scrutinizing him.

 

“What?” He went to his desk and tapped his computer open.

 

“You’re in a good mood,” Eunhyuk observed. “I can’t believe you managed to get all settled calmly. I would’ve thought you would be ordering Kwanghee’s head off once he gets in the building.”

 

Donghae smirked while stacking the papers on his desk into one file.

 

“Anything to do with this?” Eunhyuk teased showing him his phone. Donghae looked at it and saw a picture of him hugging Dara at Lotte World with the headlines CEO OF SP AND HITS ENTERTAINMENT CAUGHT HAVING FUN AT LOTTE WORLD AFTER NEWS OF DIVORCE. It was probably that time when he was comforting Dara.

 

“It’s on the news,” Eunhyuk said tapping his phone. “And I don’t really want to ruin your ray of sunshine but…you need to know, the comments are not really very good.”

 

Donghae returned in trying to arrange the papers on his desk. “Who cares about the comments? Do I look like a celebrity for the media to waste time on? Or Dara?”

 

“That’s what I thought. But look at this.” He showed him his phone again. Donghae’s brows furrowed as he saw a picture of Jiyong leaving their house. It was very blurred but anyone would be able to make out the silhouette of the famous celebrity.

 

JIYONG PAYING A VISIT TO HIS ALLEGED EX. The headline read.

 

Donghae feels his good mood running away. He didn’t bother reading what it says.

 

“Is this true?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

Donghae didn’t answer and just stood there, his hands paused in arranging the clutter on his desk. He knew what the media is capable of. He knew how it stirs up so much trouble for just a simple thing and ends up people believing it.

 

Euhyuk shook his head. “All the things they print. Do you want us to sue it?”

 

Donghae shook his head. “That’ll just fuel it all the more. Just let it go.”

 

“Well, they think Kwanghee’s scandal is some kind of cover up for this,” Eunhyuk said.

 

“What?” Donghae incredulously said.

 

“The hate comments on you two are really overwhelming. And you’d better not let Dara read it. Hers are almost death threats from Jiyong’s fans. They think she’s playing him again, crying to his sympathy because of the accident. Nobody knows she have amnesia. Worst part is, they think you have something to do with it and you’re both using Jiyong because you need him for profit and the news of the divorce is something you both cooked up so Jiyong would go back to Dara. It’s ridiculous.”

 

Donghae rubbed his hand on his face as the feeling of deja vu came over him. This is exactly what had happened before and now it’s happening again. He just hoped Dara wouldn’t be able to know it. He’d hate to see her going through it again.

 

“So what’re you gonna do?”

 

“Ignore it,” Donghae said returning back onto arranging the stack on his desk. One file for his signature, and one file for his review.

 

The door opened and in came a tall woman in a blue pencil skirt and a white coat wearing a big smile.

 

“Clara!” Eunhyuk greeted. “How’s Paris?”

 

“I met a lot of french guys,” Clara answered greeting Eunhyuk with kiss on the cheek. Donghae smiled at her. Clara was one of their friends and also in charge of recruiting new talents at Hits. She had been on a month vacation to visit her family.

 

“So how're things here?” Clara asked brightly.

 

“Bad,” Eunhyuk answered. “You have a lot of documents to review. Left them all in your desk.”

 

Clara rolled her eyes. “Hey, today is still my vacation. I’ll look at it tomorrow when I’m officially on work mode.”

 

She turned to Donghae. “So how’s the wife? I read on the news she got into an accident,” Clara asked Donghae.

 

“She’s fine now,” Donghae said. “She suffered amnesia.” Clara is one of his trusted friends and they have never kept secrets since high school.

 

Clara looked shocked. “Oh my gosh. Where is she now?”

 

“At home,” Donghae answered.

 

“At… whose home?”

 

“Ours,” Donghae answered sitting down on his desk trying to forget the ridiculous headlines he just saw. Donghae didn’t noticed that a look crossed over Clara’s face but she managed to smooth it out in an instant.

 

Eunhyuk noticed it though and he pressed the bridge of his nose trying to stifle a laugh. Man, he swore if he stayed close to these people he’s going to lose his mind by laughing non-stop. How Donghae kept on saying Dara had not paid any attention to him when he’s doing the same to Clara. The girl had been inlove with him probably since high school and he didn’t even know. She even stayed working with him when she could stay in paris to get some modelling stint. If Dara is dense, so is he. Ah… love is a .

 

 

 

 

Dara stretched out in bed feeling rested. She reached out her hand to Donghae and felt the side of the bed empty. She opened her eyes and sure enough, she’s the only one in bed. She burrowed her face on the pillow beside her and she smiled. The pillows and the blanket smelled pleasantly like Donghae. After a couple of minutes, she got up, blinking, looking around. Where is Donghae? Her eyes fell on the wall clock at the top of the TV and it read 10:24 am in the morning. She blinked again and yawned. Wow, she slept the morning away. She was about to get out of bed when her eyes fell on a 2 covered plates on the desk beside the bed, a cup, and a glass of water. Beside it is a folded up note which read Dara on it. She picked it up and opened it.

 

Dara,

 

Good morning. Got a call from the office. You were sleeping so soundly I didn’t want to wake you up. I made you breakfast. Eat well. And drink lots of water. Don’t want you getting sick. I’ll be back later this afternoon. Already fed Sakuragi and brought him down to Mrs. Rey.

 

Donghae.

 

Dara smiled feeling giddy. Yah Donghae, so early in the morning and you’re making my heart do  somersaults already. She opened the plates and it’s carrots, lettuce, bacon, eggs, and french toast. She removed the saucer on top of the cup and what she saw made her smile even more. It’s hot chocolate! Donghae knows! She took a sip while smiling the whole time. Well, it’s no longer hot though, but she’s feeling warm all over.

 

God, she’s becoming such a cheesy moron!

 

She didn’t realize she was that hungry when Dara had finished everything Donghae had prepared for her. She chomped on the remaining carrot stic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter