Chapter 19

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae watched Dara as she exited through the sliding glass door of Hits and disappeared at the corner, his brows furrowed. He turned his head at Clara when he felt her nudge him.

 

“You okay?” Clara asked, her face concerned. He had never told anybody that Dara moved out of the house nor did he mentioned that she already got her memories back but seeing how he and Dara had acted, he guessed Clara noticed there’s something wrong.

 

Donghae nodded. “Yeah,” he said before pushing the button on the elevator. They were about to spring the good news to Eunhyuk that they have closed a deal with the client from a clothing company which they have been working on for a couple of months now. The elevator door opened and they walked in, Donghae silent and Clara glancing at him.

 

Donghae stood with his hands in his pocket, feeling confused, hopeful, angry, all at the same time. After what Dara had told him yesterday before leaving the house, he had thought to just give himself time to get over her. Thinking maybe, the dream he had set up for himself with the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with is just that. A dream. He had clung to the hope that maybe the time they have spent together would at least mean something to her once she found her memories. But she left him all the same. This is the outcome of what Kyuhyun had advised. There’s no longer any reason to fight. He already lost. The Dara he had married is back. And the Dara he had loved and had spent the couple of weeks with is now, again, gone. It’s time to let go. Time to give her up. That’s what she wanted.

 

But after seeing her today, he can’t help but think that she actually stayed. He couldn’t help but feel that way when he looked into her eyes and saw longing in there. And pain. But maybe it was just his imagination. Or he saw what he wished he could see. He’s just setting himself up for a big disappointment again. He just need to stop this. Just focus on Hits. Learn from his mistakes. Not holding  onto something which has already slipped.

 

They stepped out of the elevator and went to Eunhyuk’s office to tell him the good news. They made a plan to celebrate that night but needs to keep it quiet until the contracts are signed.

 

“I’ll call the guys,” Eunhyuk said smiling from ear to ear.

 

“I think it’s better for us to go to Siwon’s. His house looks like a resort anyway,” Donghae said grinning.

 

“What?” Clara said. “The guys? Is this going to be like, an all guys night out or something? What about me? I helped close the deal too!”

 

“Bring some of your friends,” Eunhyuk said. “And Donghae can bring Dara.”

 

Donghae smile froze and Clara looked at him awkwardly. Eunhyuk realized he said something wrong. “What?” He asked.

 

“She won’t come,” Donghae said with a shrug. “She got her memories back yesterday.” He tried to sound as nonchalant as possible.

 

Eunhyuk didn’t speak for a moment, studying Donghae’s face. “Oh , really?” Eunhyuk finally said. “That explains it.”

 

“Explains what?” Donghae asked.

 

“You know it’s still the holidays and you woudn’t be here working if things are still cool with you and Dara. So, what happened? She up and left?”

 

Donghae shrugged again not wanting to let Eunhyuk and Clara see how much it affects him. Nor did he want to talk about it. Heaven knows Eunhyuk had watched way too much of Donghae’s drama to last his lifetime. “Yup.” Then he forced a grin. “I’m just going to my office. Plan the party, alright? I’ll also call Henry so he could bring his girlfriend over. You girls can gossip while we guys do our thing.” He walked backwards while instructing Eunhyuk. “Tell Siwon the beer’s on me. 8 o’clock, okay? Or make that 9. I have to go home first.” He turned towards the door and walked out leaving Eunhyuk and Clara watching him with identical expression of pity on their faces.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara sat morosely at one of the plush chairs in one of the recording studios in SP with a group of song writers discussing ideas on the song they were writing on for an album of an upcoming boy band. They looked a little uncomfortable at having her there but Dara barely noticed.

 

She went straight to the recording studio as soon as she arrived back at SP. The room is supposed to make her feel better as sorrounded by any instruments to inspire composing has been her comfort. But she can’t feel that comfort now. All she wanted to do was to be at a corner with the dark cloud hanging  over her head.  Try as she might, she can’t get the scene of Clara’s hand resting on Donghae’s arm out of her mind.

 

Bom had arrived minutes later after she did and followed her at the recording studio. Thankfully, only the song writers are there and no one is recording yet. Bom was listening to their discussion and throws a little bit of ideas here and there. Some welcomed her ideas as they have known her at the time when she worked at SP.

 

“The song is supposed to be their carrier single,” one of the song writers said. “It has to be more…. Explosive.”

 

A girl tapped the paper she was writing on. “I just don’t know what to supply after this which would make them less… I dunno…. Typical?”

 

“So, from what I understand,” Bom said. “It’s about a guy admiring a girl from afar and describing her perfection then finding out she wasn’t really all that perfect?”

 

“Something like that,” the girl answered. “Like a…” She looked down at on her paper. “The guy venerated this girl describing her like an angel but she turned out to be more like a devil in disguise?”

 

“Listen to this,” the guy said also looking down at what he had written. “Her eyes are like windows to my soul. I stare at it and I’m gone. Her hair—“

 

“Is so pretty I want to rip it off her head.”

 

Bom and the writers turned to Dara as she is twirling a pen in hand she found at the couch. She looked at the surprised faces of the song writers.

 

“What?” Dara snapped. There’s nothing wrong with what she said. It was an idea for the song. And that’s exactly what she is doing in her mind with Clara’s pretty long hair.

 

The girl cleared . “Um…. We…. Uh… we actually need it to be… positive first… uh… describe her beauty…”

 

“I did say pretty, didn’t i?” Dara said almost belligerently. “What about Her hair is so shiny and glorious I want to shave it off her beautiful head? Or chop off her delicate hands from his arm and shoot her stunning physique if she ever get even 10 steps near him!”

 

The group is now looking at her with their mouths agape. No one is able to supply any comment on that and Bom forced out a laugh.

 

“Sorry about that guys,” Bom said and dropping her voice in a stage-whisper. “It’s the time of the month, you know.” Then she stood up and pulled Dara. Dara looked surprised.

 

“What?” Dara asked confused on why they were walking out of the room.

 

“We’re getting out of here before anyone finds out you’re on drugs,” Bom said sarcastically.

 

Dara strode sulkily on the hall and Bom put her hands in her hips. Dara was scowling as she met Bom’s narrowed eyes.

 

“I was just trying to help with writing the song!” Dara defended herself.

 

Bom lifted one eyebrow. “Right, and chopping off a girl’s hand is one way for a guy to show his love?”

 

“Isn’t she supposed to be a devil in disguise?”

 

“Yeah but the guy is not supposed to know that. Are you even listening when they were discussing what the song is about?”

 

Dara huffed. She only heard part of it and all that came into her mind is an image of Donghae saying those to Clara. She couldn’t focus after that.

 

“Okay, I admit I at song writing nowadays,” Dara said still trying to defend herself. Come to think of it, the last time she wrote a song was the song that was given to 2pm, one of the boybands at Hits. And Donghae doesn’t even know she wrote it for him.

 

“No, you when you’re jealous,” Bom countered.

 

Dara looked shocked. “Wh.. what! I’m not—I’m not jealous!” Dara vehemently denied, her face flaming.

 

Bom gave an exasperated sigh before starting to walk and Dara kept up with her. “I’’m not jealous of Clara,” Dara insisted.

 

“Yeah, and the mere fact you immediately t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter