Chapter 14

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kinda a little late for a visit, isn't it?" Donghae could barely feel his mouth moving as he was clenching his jaw so tight they would have cracked. This guy always rubbed him the wrong way. Especially when he knows Dara wouldn't have agreed to marry him if he had not cheated on her.

 

Jiyong lifted his shoulder while wearing that smirk Donghae had hated. "Not when I first got here 5 hours ago."

 

Dara was behind Donghae and she could feel him rigidly standing there. She looked at Jiyong and realized he's the same at what she had remembered him to be earlier that day. Only with a different hair color. And he's gotten a little muscular.

 

Dara mentally punched herself for noticing that. For god's sake, she only remembered seconds of her moment with Jiyong and she suddenly knows he's gotten muscular? Now she feels she's cheating on Donghae.

 

"It's late," Donghae said. "Come back some other time." Say, maybe like, never.

 

"I didn't come here for you," Jiyong said. His eyes darted to Dara who is standing behind Donghae. "I came here to talk to my CEO." Then his eyes went back to Donghae. "Unless you're afraid of… something."

 

Donghae's eyes flashed trying to decide if he should kick his out of their house. He held back all the curse words he wanted to hurl at him. He wanted to tell him Dara is his wife and he shouldn't be bothering her at all.

 

Ooooh noooo. Dara could feel this is another start of Donghae avoiding her again. After everything she had worked for to get him to talk to her? After she him? Now he's going to give way again thinking she would've liked to be with this Jiyong person if she have her memories. She swore to god if he relented and left her, she's going to do him bodily harm.

 

"Get out," Donghae said firmly and Dara mentally cheered. She felt like an idiot trying to hold back her smile. That's my man!

 

"It's not your decision to make," Jiyong said. "As I said, I didn't come here for you. Besides, I got some business to talk to her about."

 

"You can tell her when she gets back in the office," Donghae said trying to stop himself for giving him a bloody nose.

 

"What's wrong with now?" Jiyong rebutted.

 

"What's wrong with when she gets back in the office?"

 

Jiyong shook his head. "Are you really going to make this some kind of a pissing contest?"

 

"No. I'm making it a way for you to gracefully exit my house before I throw you out."

 

"It's okay," Dara cut in. She could feel Donghae trying to suppress his anger and honestly, it was scary. She had never seen Donghae so mad and she was concerned any further conversation with this Jiyong guy could end up in something other than a simple argument and by the look of things, Donghae looked like he's ready to kill him by the way he was clenching his fist. She was shocked, however, when Donghae looked at her with hurt in his eyes. Jiyong beamed but Dara barely noticed it as Donghae suddenly  turned around and walked away.

 

"Dong-" Dara was left with her free hand hanging in the air as she watched him walk up the stairs with out looking back. What, he's mad at her because she doesn't want to see him end up in prison?? What is he so mad about anyway? This guy just wanted to talk to her! She made a strangled sound trying to resist the urge to sit on the floor and kick her feet in frustration. She let Sakuragi down because she might end up throwing her to where Donghae had walked off. Idiot Donghae! Sakuragi scurried over to Jiyong and sniffed his feet. Jiyong lifted his feet trying to shoo the puppy.

 

"What do you want?" Dara asked.

 

Jiyong looked at her when the puppy walked away from him.

 

She lifted one of her eyebrows studying him. He's her ex? Honestly, she couldn't feel a thing. Not even a twinge of recognition. Sure he's good looking but he doesn't give her any sort of feelings… any feelings for that matter. He's just like a complete stranger standing in front of her. Unless you count that memory when she remembered him with a different hair color.

 

Jiyong stood there studying her as well. Then he lifted his eyebrows in question. "Do you… remember me?"

 

Dara tilted her head with her brows furrowed trying to search her mind if there is some sort of other recognition she could place him. "Well… you have pink hair then?" She had stated it like a question.

 

Jiyong smiled widely. "So you remember me!"

 

Dara remembered what she had remembered earlier that day and tried to shut it off her mind. She couldn't imagine herself being hugged by someone she can't remember now. "I guess…. What is it you want to talk to me about?"

 

Jiyong looked uncomfortable and he shifted on his feet, loosening the button on his polo shirt. He cleared his throat. "Well… I just… wanted to see you. I mean, I haven't seen you for such a long time and i… uh… miss- I mean… the staff are worried about you after they learned of the accident… so… I'm just… checking on you."

 

Dara nodded. She doesn't really remember any staff. She doesn't even know where her company is supposed to be. From what Bom told her, her staff hated her. "Well… just tell them I'm okay." She thought how ridiculous where this conversation is going. "Uh… is that all? Because, you know it's really late." She was anxious to go up the stairs and get to Donghae before he come up with another pathetic excuse to avoid her again. All because of this guy.

 

"Oh, yeah. That's all."

 

"Okay," Dara said turning around to sprint upstairs but a hand suddenly grabbed her arm after she started walking, stopping her and she whirled around to find Jiyong in front of her.

 

"Wait," Jiyong said.

 

Dara looked at him in question then glanced at the hand gripping her arm. Jiyong let go, stuffing his hands in his pocket.

 

"I know this isn't the right time," Jiyong started then he looked at her. "But, I just really need to see you right now and… just talk to you."

 

Before Dara could figure out what he is trying to say, Jiyong went on, now looking at her with fire in his eyes. "I know I'm taking a chance going here and you not remembering me but… " He exhaled in a breath like trying to get the words out. "I… I really missed you."

 

Huh? Dara felt open slightly. Then Jiyong took her hand, staring right into her eyes. "Please be with me again. I know you don't have your memories yet but I want you to know that I want you back. I want what we had and-"

 

Dara puller her hand in a snap. Oh my god, this guy is confessing to her! "Wh…what?! Oh my god… Are you out of your mind? I'm married!"

 

"I don't know why you married him," Jiyong said. "All I know, and all I'm sure of, is that you don't love him. You love me. I wanted to wait until you have your memories back to let you know that I want you back but I just… I don't want to see you with him. I don't want you thinking he's the only one who cares about you."

 

This man is crazy! Like seriously. He's telling her these under Donghae's house?

 

"I can help you remember everything you have lost. You have got to remember us," Jiyong said.

 

"Oh, you mean I have got to remember the time when you cheated on me with a japanese girl?" Dara said remembering what Bom told her. This guy had some nerve. She should've gone after Donghae. Because she needed him to stop her from attacking this guy and she might end up in prison instead.

 

Jiyong looked surprised as his mouth formed an O like trying to say some words he couldn't get out. Dara scowled while thinking what she had seen with this guy other than the fact that he's good looking.

 

"How did you… Is that all you remembered… about what happened? About us?"

 

"There is no longer any us. I am married to Donghae. I love being married to Donghae.I am proud to be married to Donghae." She shok her head. "You know, you really need to get out before I kick you out," Dara said. "This is so ridiculous. I'm already married and you're asking me to-" She shook her head. "You're crazy!"

 

"Look at your hand Dara," Jiyong said looking like he just thought of something. "Your left hand. Where is your wedding ring?"

 

Dara put her hands behind her while glaring at Jiyong.

 

"You don't know where it is right?" Jiyong said.

 

"Duh! I don't even know where all my things are right now."

 

"You have never worn that," Jiyong continued like she had never spoken. "You know why? Because you really don't want to be married. To him. That's why you never wore your wedding ring. I might be going crazy right now but it's all because I don't want to see you with him and I can't take it anymore. When I heard of the accident, I should be the one taking care of you. Just listen, Dara. Just… feel exactly how you should feel. You would know you don't want to be with him. He's not for you and you are not for him."

 

Dara couldn't find any words to throw at him. The gall of this guy dictating her what needs to be in her life. She wasn't the one feeling on a rollercoaster ride everytime Donghae goes from cold to friendly to cold again towards her. Who cares about a damn wedding ring? She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. Then she looked at Jiyong again who is looking imploringly at her. "You're right. I felt what I should feel." She strode over to where Jiyong is then snatched the throw pillow lying on the couch and hit him with it.

 

"Get. Out!" Dara said while hitting him relentlessly. Jiyong was blocking the pillow with his a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter