Only you

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

 

Dara clicked her tongue in frustration as she stared hard at the blank space of her paper while tapping her pencil for a flow of musical inspiration to come to her already fried brain. It’s finals week and she’s cramming. Especially for music class. The class is supposed to make their own music composition and playing it for their teacher as their final exam.

 

This shouldn’t be hard at all. Music is her life. Music is her genes. A musical note is the first sound that she uttered when she probably came out of her mother’s womb. But somehow, whatever talent her parents had bestowed on her genes abandoned her the very moment she need it the most.

 

“Psst! Dara!”

 

Dara looked up at her bestfriend’s voice calling her name. She’s sitting at the table across  from her with a book open.

 

“Can we eat? I’m kinda starving,”she whispered with her brown furrowed imploringly. “Like really famished. Like I’m about to wither if I don’t get something in my stomach soon.”

 

Dara rolled her eyes. Bom, her bestfriend, is always hungry. Though for a strange reason the universe had, she doesn’t have an ounce of fat in her body.

 

“You know, we just ate before we went here,” Dara whispered back but gathering all of the papers scattered on the table and putting it all in her folder.

 

“Yeah, but all this studying is bad for my health so I need to get a dose of nutrition.” She rolled her eyes like it should have been obvious from the beginning. She closed her book a little too loudly and then sheepishly looked around checking if the librarian would shush her again for being too loud. Luckily, no one noticed. Or everyone is too busy to notice. After all, it’s the finals week.

 

“Ok,”she agreed. “I think I need to get out too and just…” She exhaled in an agitated breath. “I don’t know. Find some inspiration or something.”

 

Bom rolled her eyes. “Yeah, go ahead and look at Seung Hyun over there and maybe you’ll find some melodic prose somewhere in his face.”

 

Dara snorted and then covered . She can see Mrs. Riley eyeing them with her brows furrowed. Seung Hyun was Bom’s ardent admirer. He’s always arround wherever Bom is, and her by default. Even when Bom told him a little too harshly that he’s not her type and that he’s too nerdy for fabulous her.

 

“C’mon!” They both stood up gathering all of their things and went their way out of the library. They squinted when they walked outside. It was very windy and they could feel their hair going in every direction.

 

“He’s not that bad, you know,” Dara told Bom as they started walkng towards the school buidling’s exit.  Bom rolled her eyes trying to fix her hair with one of her hand while the other is trying to hold onto a stack of papers she carelessly put in her own folder. “Yeah, he isn’t. He’s just bad for me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter