No. 9 - It's Just a Game

180 Degree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day they didn’t talk about anything. They didn’t meet. Good thing for her to refresh her mind. What he said yesterday on the store was making her out of control. On the other side, Soo Hyuk realized that his words were too out of control for her because he could see how her reaction was. If it continues like this, it will be so much harder for him and just make the distance further than ever.

“I can’t do this. It’s too hard for me,” Ella is calling someone and telling her hardships.

“But, it’s a project. It really matters,” a voice out there said it. Ella sighs. Yeah. She knows this too.

“Why am I partnered with him?” she asked. The called one doesn’t know how to answer this, to make sure to her everything will be just fine and for her to continue her project.

“Like I said before, one of the best student,” Prof. Ahn explained.

“Just that? Nothing more?” Ella is not confirmed by that reason and Prof. Ahn just sighs.

“Yeah. But please work together with him, professionally. Just for this project and after that, it’s up to you,” Prof. Ahn said it to her. She is thinking of it. Yeah, right. She should do it in a professional way. World out there after college is real in front of her eyes. Internships, get job, make her mother proud.

Ella sighs. “I guess I can’t do anything then. Okay, thank you for your advice. I’ll do it.”

“Thank you, Ella-ya. Work together, alright? At least just for this moment,” Prof. Ahn begs her and she nods, then she hangs up the phone. Yeah, not a stupid thing she can do. Just for this project.

The doorbell is ringing. Mom is out, probably going to the market so Ella gets the door. It’s him again. Everyday seems like him and him. Ella sighs and her eyes doesn’t want to see him.

“I’m sorry for what I said yesterday,” he said to her and she looks up to him. “Yeah, I’m really sorry,” Ella is just listening to him.

Suddenly, she is curious about something. “What do you want to help?” Soo Hyuk seems flustered about that question because he doesn’t know what to say. “My score? I can do well. What?” he still doesn’t have any answer, then she can guess something. “My behavior towards people?” she hits it right in the eye. Soo Hyuk just looks at her without nothing to say. “Am I right?” she smirks.

He sighs. Doesn’t know this time could come anytime. The time she knows right away. “What do you want to do? I have to fulfill my promise and I’m gonna do it,” he said to her. Now, she sighs.

“Okay, let’s do this. I mean, just do this project professionally. But with you helping me change my behavior,” she shakes her head. Soo Hyuk listens carefully to what she says then nods.

“Okay, then,” he gives his right hand to invite her for a handshake. She looks at it and makes a deal with it. He smiles and she looks at him strangely. “For a stage one, let’s go on a date,” then she punches his stomach. “Ouch!”

“Crazy,” she mocks him silently.

“No, I’m not. It’s for the project. I mean, let’s go on an act, pretend that we are a couple. It’s too built chemistry. You said a professional way, right?” Ella sighs. Is there no any better way to build the chemistry? “No, no other way than that because you always don’t want to have a teamwork with me,” yeah, he’s saying it right.

“When?” she gives up. He has a better opinion than her. How can she object anyway?

“Weekend. To the amusement park,” hearing the place, she gasps at him. “I know you’re afraid but trust me anyway,” he said and Ella just nods lazily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter