No. 12

180 Degree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I Wonder If I Could Trust You..."

And days have been so familiar for Ella to go with it. When Soo Hyuk says “start” then she automatically transforms to and Soo Hyuk is already adapting with how Ella changes so suddenly, he secretly admits how professional she is but he doesn’t want to believe what he sees from her.

They spend time together. Being with Ella, Soo Hyuk understands a bit more about her like where her favorite place to be is, what her favorite color or style, but he still can’t figure out one thing why Ella is behaving so coldly, well… coolly to any stranger or even people she knows but not close enough with her. She can just be generous with them like last time he saw her being so kind to kids. He thinks it’s time to ask her about that.

He decides to go have a garage sale in front of his house and insisted her the day before to help. He asked her when he says “start” so she has no choice. “You cheater,” she said and he just accepted it. Now she is in fact has to meet people face to face, giving the best service to them and keep her generosity and calmness to every kind of people she will meet. Soo Hyuk is really exciting to see this coming.

“Soo Hyuk-a,” she called when she is already in front of his house. This garage sale is full of good clothes of his and his sister, even his parents and other good stuffs too. His mom is helping him putting stuff here and there, so is his sister. Mrs. Lee looks to the voice and smiles.

“Oh hi, you must be Ella, right?” she said and Ella smiles. It’s good to start off with a great atmosphere and Ella is being so kind with her because Mrs. Lee is her parents’ friend. “You look like your father,” she said. Ella is flustered by it.

“Thanks, ma’am,” she replies. “Is there anything I can help?” she volunteers herself and Soo Hyuk is speechless by her sudden initiation. She knows Soo Hyuk is somewhat surprised by this. Since she’s getting her work with them, she has to show professionalism. Then, she’s helping Mrs. Lee arranging things.

“Help Soo Hyuk arranging the clothes,” said Mrs. Lee and Ella just smiles.

“He’s a good model-to-be, ma’am,” suddenly Ella is praising Soo Hyuk. He’s just seeing her with his empty eyes.

“That’s why just let him arrange it himself?” Mrs. Lee said and Ella is just grinning. Mrs. Lee pats Ella head, treating her like her own daughter. “Good choice,” and they laugh together. It’s been awhile since Ella is interacting with people she doesn’t know better and Soo Hyuk is touched by her progress.

He’s coming to her, whispering something, “It’s not an act, right?” and Ella just replies him with a mysterious smile. No certain answer at all. “If it’s an act, it’s a saddest thing I know,” he said this truthfully. “You can’t treat my mom like that,” he said and Ella is flustered by that. Somehow she feels something is not right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter