No. 3

180 Degree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What About Him?

 

She has no idea what she should do to face this stuff. But no matter how hard it is for her, she’s willing to show her professionalism on the d-day except days prior to that. Ella is determine to keep her voice as flat as usual she’s talking to stranger.

Ella is coming home and doesn’t notice anything that there’s a man shoes in front of the front door. “Mom,” she calls. And she goes to the living room, she sees Mrs. Ryu standing and looking up there’s a man fixing their lamp.

“Oh, you called maintenance,” Ella says and Mrs. Ryu just smiled to her. “I go upstairs,” Ella goes to her room and changes clothes. She sighed remembering what happened in the library. She goes downstairs and just notices someone.

The repairman just finished his job and steps down from the stool. Well, it does not suit for him to be called as a repairman because the way he puts his clothes doesn’t make him look like it. And their eyes met.

“Oh, hi,” he said. Ella keeps her flat expression.

“Hi,” with no soul she said it, for a politeness too. There’s Mrs. Ryu in the room.

“Forgive her if she behave like that, but do you guys know each other?” Mrs. Ryu asked and he smiles to her.

“Yes, ma’am. We’re in one campus,” he said.

“How do you know him, mom?” Ella asks Mrs. Ryu that seems familiar with his presence.

“He’s our neighbors,” Mrs. Ryu explains.

“You call him often for help?” Ella asks and she’s furious about it deep down inside.

“Yeah, his parents and I are friends since college,” well, that explained everything. And the worst, Ella couldn’t escape anywhere. She will meet him always, anytime, and anywhere. “Thank you Soo Hyuk-a,” Mrs. Ryu pats him. “Drink for a while and have a good snack,” Mrs. Ryu offers him and he goes to the kitchen.

“Thank you, ma’am,” Ella doesn’t believe what she just saw. She couldn’t wait to tell it to Rahui about all of these.

“Ella, come here and join us,” by force Ella goes to the kitchen and sits down with them on the dining table. She sits facing him but doesn’t want to see him, even recognize his presence. The fruits are on the plate but Ella doesn’t think of eating one.

“I heard you guys are teamed up for a project, is that right?” Ella just nods. Her mother sits in the beside her. “Oh, that’s cool. You guys are neighbor, you don’t have much difficulties later to work and other Ella,” oh yeah, right.

“I haven’t been talking to her more, ma’am,” Soo Hyuk says it and Ella widenes her eyes and sighs. Mrs. Ryu looks at her like wants to scold her.

“Why Ella-ya?” Ella just raises her shoulders. “Well, this one I can’t help Soo Hyuk-a, but if you are understand she is quite like this to strangers. I hope you help her,” Mrs. Ryu said and Ella looks at her, widenes her eyes at her mother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter