No. 16

180 Degree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Graduation ceremony is right in front of the eyes where students want graduate sooner but yet they can’t escape the fact that they have to go apart with their friends. Exactly what Ella and her friends feel the same. After the graduation ceremony, she and her class will spend time in Busan, staying for 3 days 2 nights at the resort and having fun. Soo Hyuk’s class does the same. And after that, they will continue their activities by working. There’s a minimum chance for Soo Hyuk to be able spending time with Ella.

Students are wearing robes and togas and sitting, waiting for their name to be called and Ella doesn’t see Soo Hyuk since the morning but he sees her. They’re sitting too far from each other like corner to corner, east to west. Rahui knows what Soo Hyuk feels about Ella, she wants to know his action after this but let Soo Hyuk does it in his own way. Anyway, she supports them fully.

Getting each other’s name called, she can see him, so can he. After the ceremony is all done, students are taking picture here and there. Soo Hyuk finds his way to get into the crowd and goes to Ella. He sees her taking picture with classmates. Until…

“Hey,” he touches her shoulder and she looks back at him. She smiles. Being able to see her not-so-long-bestfriend right now is the happiest moment for her. Maybe because the fact that they will be rarely seeing each other and how much she will miss him. A lot.

“I don’t think I could meet you because of the crowd,” she said, increasing her tone. It is really crowded here and there and apparently around her is people with loud voice chatting.

“Yeah, let’s get out of here,” he said and suddenly grabs her hand. They go out from the building. On the outside, the crowd is the same but not too cramp like on the inside. The noisy sound fades away.They are standing toward each other, smiling because they still find something to say.

“Wow, we’re graduate!” she said happily and hugs him. He’s surprised and hugs her too, tightly. “Looking good on your wardrobe today, Mr. Model,” they let go of their embraces and she looks at his appearance now. From top to bottom. He looks different, maybe he grows tall again. His mouth just curling up seeing her.

“Ella-ya!” then Rahui calls her from a far and Ella’s signing to her to come and join. “Congratulations to all of us!” Rahui said after approaching them and puts her arms to both of Ella’s and Soo Hyuk’s shoudler. Then she goes make a distance with Seojun just a meter away.

“Can’t believe we’re gonna be working,” Ella said after Rahui goes away. She's saying a fact that they can't deny and inside it, a meaning of all times they will face.

“Yeah,” he agrees. Apparently he doesn’t have any word to say right now, so does she. They're just standing in silent.

“I can’t say anything,” she said, not comfortable with this silent and awkwardness. Then she chuckles.

“Me too,” he agreed. Then he puts his arm on her shoulder and she looks at it strangely. “C’mon, don’t kick me right now,” he said and she chuckles. “How about taking one or two pictures?” he suggests, with his secret intention. She nods and smiles happily. They asks Rahui to take them picture.

It’s just a simple picture with simple pose, like a friend. They smile to camera while Soo Hyuk’s hand is still in Ella’s shoulders. They take two of it.

“Send me the picture, okay?” Ella said to him and he nods and smiles.

“I’m going to miss you,” he said. She smiles.

“Yeah, me too,” then Ella spreads her hands.

“What?” he looks at Ella's movement, chuckles at it. Without him asking it why, he just wants to go to her embrace but he controls himself. 

“C’mon, a friendly hug,” she said and he immediately embraces her and tightens his embrace. “Well, we still can meet each other,” she said while they’re still hugging each other. Rahui who notices this, takes a picture secretly without their notifications. They let go of the hug and she lets his toga off and pats his hair, “Do a great job, Soo Hyuk-a.”

“You too,” and finally, Soo Hyuk can’t say anything about it. About his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter