Day 78

100 Days of Rain

It's been eighteen days since the day Han Geng tried to tell me to let him go. I still refused to do so. Last night, as I laid in Han Geng's arms, he told me, "Go home and pack your bags. You're going back to Korea."

"What? Why?!" I asked hysterically.

"I need you to show Zhou Mi where you and I first met," he replied calmly.

I calmed down a bit but said coldly, "You're not dying..."

He just shook his head with an amused smile on his lips. He ran his fingers through my long dark hair. "Hee Chul-ah... You know I love you, right?"

"Apparently, you keep wanting to die and leave me alone, so now I'm not so sure," I said, not looking him in the eye but at the rain dripping outside. Day 78... I thought to myself.

"I love you, Hee Chul. Know that. I'll always be with you," he whispered. "Especially when it rains."

"Shut up..." I told him.

He chuckled and crawled on top of me. "Can I show you how much I love you?" he asked, trailing kisses down my jawline and neck.

"Prove your love, Hannie," I murmured, wrapping my arms around his neck. He then kissed me passionately and he really did prove his undying love for me. His kisses were different than usual. His kisses were passionate, deep, and breathless. He scoured every inch of my body with his lips, his tongue, his hands. It drove me insane. Moans, shouts, every sound imaginable emitted from our room. I’m surprised the doctors didn’t tell us to stop, or make me go home. They didn’t interrupt us at all. I believed his love and in him completely.

I now sat on the plane back to Korea with Zhou Mi at my left. I stared out the window as the rain poured down harder. I felt Zhou Mi's hand overlapping mine. "Don't worry," he said. "Han Geng will be fine. And if anything goes wrong, Henry will call, arasso?"

I just nodded weakly and closed my eyes as the plane took off. A few hours later, we were back in Korea. I took Zhou Mi to my favorite cafe for something to eat. I walked in and suddenly wished I hadn't made eye contact with that person.

"HEE CHUL-AH!!!!!" Lee Teuk screamed.

"H-Hello...?" I stuttered. I was unsure of what to call him anymore. They'd disowned me. What was I supposed to call them? Lee Teuk hyung? Kang In hyung? That just sounded weird.

"We heard about you going to China with Dong Hae! Wait... Where is Hae? Did you lose your brother?" he asked.

"B-Brother? I... I thought you disowned me..." I replied softly.

"Well..." Kang In started. "We didn't actually turn in the papers for that yet so... We decided not to disown you, but wait until you came home."

As I stood and took in the information, Lee Teuk umma looked over my shoulder and saw Zhou Mi. "Omo~!" he said loudly. "Is this the boyfriend Dong Hae told us about?!"

Immediately, at the mention of Han Geng, I burst into tears, which made the entire cafe stare at us while Zhou Mi cradled me in his arms.

"I don't think you should talk about Hee Chul's boyfriend," Zhou Mi said softly. "I'm not him. Let's just leave it at that. Give me your number and I'll tell you about it later. Right now, we have to go. We have things to prepare. Thank you."

We left the cafe. Unconsciously, my feet led me to the bench where Han Geng and I first met.

"So... This is where..." Zhou Mi said softly, pulling me under the umbrella.

I shrugged off his hand and the shelter of the umbrella as my tears died down. "This was it..." I murmured hoarsely. "We met here."

"Han Geng's spirit will like it here," he replied gently, happily.

I glared at him. "Han Geng's not dying!!" I screamed.

Zhou Mi, slightly taken aback by my response, got up, dragging me with him, back to his car. He drove me to the hotel we were staying at.

I couldn't get to sleep though. After talking to Lee Teuk umma about Han Geng, Zhou Mi passed out in a chair near the window.

"It's always raining, isn't it, Han Geng?" I said absentmindedly. "This is day 78... How long will this go on?"

Suddenly, Zhou Mi's phone rang, but he was really deeply asleep. I looked at the ID. It was Henry! I picked it up immediately. "Henry! What's wrong?! Did something happen to Han Geng?!" I yelled immediately.

"Oh~ Hee Chullie, you picked up... Good..." That wasn't Henry.

"H-Hannie?" I asked confusedly.

"Neh... I needed to hear your beautiful voice..." he said softly.

My heart fluttered and I smiled gently. "H-Hannie..." I murmured.

We talked all night. I told him how my parents didn't really disown me and he was really happy about that. I eventually fell asleep. But right before I fell asleep, I muttered, "This is the 78th day, Hannie... How much longer will the rain last?"

I heard him sigh. "Go to bed, Hee Chul. You'll know when it's going to be over."

He hung up before I could say anything I crashed into the dreamland that is sleep.