Day 20

100 Days of Rain

It's been two days since we arrived in China. I was so happy here, even though I didn't know the language. "Chullie!" Han Geng shouted from the kitchen. "Come here! I want you to meet some people."

I rushed to my beloved's side in the kitchen and besides Han Geng I was greeted by two dashing young men. One was tall and was very handsome, while the other was short and was on the cuter side. They were both obviously Chinese. "Hee Chul," Han Geng said. "This is Zhou Mi and Henry, my best friends here in China. They own the apartment building. Well, Zhou Mi does. Henry is a famous musician."

I bowed to them, even though I knew they were younger. It was only polite. I kept my mouth shut though. I wasn't sure if they could understand Korean. And just like they had all read my mind, Zhou Mi said, "Don't worry, hyung. Speak comfortably in Korean with us."

I grinned, knowing that I could communicate easily with them. "This is my little brother, Henry," Zhou Mi said. "It's funny... He's Chinese but knows more Korean than Chinese, but he was born in Canada, so he knows English very well." Zhou Mi grinned the smile of a proud brother.

"How about you all go into the living room and I'll make us something to eat," Han Geng suggested.

Zhou Mi and I sat on the couch while Henry comfortably stretched out on the floor and began to play with my cat, HeeBum. "Omo~ Henry is so cute!" I commented.

"Isn't he? Too bad he can't use any of that charm to get girls," Zhou Mi said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Henry's gay," he replied bluntly.

"Oh~ Do you disapprove of it?" I asked.

"Hell no! Of course not! For several reasons. One: it would break Henry's heart if I told him he wasn't allowed to date guys. Two: it would make me a hypocrite. Disapproving gayness would only make me a two-faced bastard."

I just nodded slowly. "You or Henry have a boyfriend?" I asked, just to start conversation again.

Zhou Mi shook his head. "No... But Henry has a crush on a certain little one. His name's Ryeo Wook."

Henry's eyes widened at the name and he got up, trying to cover Zhou Mi's mouth with his hand. "Hyung! Be quiet! I told you not to tell!" Henry exclaimed.

Zhou Mi ignored Henry and continued, "Henry says Ryeo Wook is the cutest! Small, handsome. He knows how to cook! And Henry just LOVES it when Ryeo Wook plays the piano and sings!"

Henry eventually gave up and pouted sitting back on the floor. Zhou Mi chuckled and even I emitted a faint giggle. "Ryeo Wook's taken though..." Henry said in a small voice.

Zhou Mi stopped his snickering and pulled Henry into his arms. "And that's Henry's problem," he said. "Ryeo Wook's in love with a guy named Ye Sung."

"But I love Wookie!!!" Henry screeched, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "I want Wookie's kisses and hugs!! No Ye Sung!!"

Henry then cursed in English and Zhou Mi just hugged him tight. "Henry..." I said softly. "If you ever need to talk about Ryeo Wook or if you need a hug or kiss... You can come to me, arasso?"

Henry just dried his tears and jumped into my arms. "Hee Chul hyung!!" he wailed.

"Omo~ Shh~" I whispered, kissing his forehead. Suddenly there was a sort of surprised jostle movement and Han Geng had come into the room, almost dropping the tray.

"Uh oh~" Henry said playfully. "Han Geng hyung's not being careful!" And then he bounced over to Hannie to help him set everything on the table. Han Geng just glared at me and eyed Henry every once in a while. What had I done wrong?

Once Zhou Mi and Henry had left, Han Geng immediately washed the dishes and then stalked into our room, slamming the door behind him. "Hannie..." I said softly, but loud enough for him to hear me.

He walked out of the room with a leather jacket and went to the front door. "I'll be back later," he said angrily.

I got up to stop him, but he was already out the door. I flinched as the door shut with a loud boom! Once the clock hit two o'clock in the morning, I decided to go looking for Han Geng. I found him in a park nearby. He was sleeping on a bench... In the rain. Aish~ rain. Even in China it was still annoying as .

I shook Han Geng awake an he glared at me, but with a more loving gaze than when he glared at me in our apartment. "What are you doing here, Hee Chul?" he asked bitterly.

I played with the sleeves of my jacket and said, "I was worried about you."

"No you weren't!" he yelled, getting up. "I knew this would happen." He was muttering to himself. Suddenly, he just kissed me, hard in the mouth. Instantly, I wrapped my arms around his neck. Han Geng abruptly ended the kiss and turned away from me. "Hannie..." I murmured giving him a backhug. "What's wrong?"

He turned around and hugged me tight. "You promised me, right?" he asked. "You promised you wouldn't love anyone else but me..."

"Of course I did!" I exclaimed.

"Then tell me that you don't love Henry."

"What? Why?!"

"I knew it!" he shouted, pushing me away. "You do love Henry!"

"No! Hannie! No I don't! What are you talking about?!"

"I saw you kissing Henry on the forehead!"

"A brotherly kiss, Han Geng. The man he loves is already in love with someone else and Henry needed comfort."

Han Geng was silent, his cheeks flushing red. "Han Geng," I began, hugging him gently. "Did you really think that I would fall for anyone but you?"

He just hugged me tightly, soft sobs escaping his lips. "I don't know why you chose me..." he murmured. "There are so many other much more handsome looking men, and with your looks, you could get any of them."

"But I don't want them. I want you. I love you, Han Geng." I kissed his lips lightly and he pulled me closer.

"Han Geng... Do you know what this is?" I asked, cupping some rainwater in my hands.

He chuckled. "Rain?"

"Your doubts," I corrected him.

He put his hands together like I did to capture the water. "What are we going to do with it?" I asked.

"Let it go," he said softly, opening his hands. I kissed him again and nodded.

"And so the student becomes the master," he commented. I laughed and we went home.