Epilogue: Day 101

100 Days of Rain

Not much happened today. And if anything did happen, I didn't notice. Once we'd landed in Korea, Lee Teuk umma, Kang In appa, and Dong Hae and Ki Bum were waiting for us with a minivan. Zhou Mi drove us to the park.

Surprisingly, no one was at the park. Good... This is how Han Geng and I would want the park to be: abandoned and desolated.

I watched as Henry placed the drawstring bag into a silver box that Zhou Mi had taken out of his bag. Kang In appa held a big shovel. Ki Bum and Dong Hae's hands were intertwined, sorrowful gazes directed toward me and the box. Lee Teuk umma hugged me tightly from behind as Zhou Mi closed the lid of the box and locked it. He came over and handed it to me.

The box was silver and decorated raindrop engravings. The one thing that made me smile about this box was the vibrantly colored rainbow set above the carving if Han Geng's name and dates of birth and death on top.

"Han Geng told me to tell you to read the sides of the box, Hee Chul hyung," Zhou Mi said softly.

There was only the silence of the wind as I read the inscriptions on the sides. "Rain is something in your life to let go of. A rainbow is your promise to a better future. Lightning is the pivot of a turning point in your life. No matter what happens, smile. It is your greatest weapon." I chuckled slightly and kneeled in front of the bench.

Kang In appa already had dug a hole for the box underneath the bench. I kissed the cold metal of the box and placed it in the dirt. I grinned widely because, for some reason, I could feel raindrops on my skin, soaking my shirt and hair, but when I touched my hair and shirt, it was dry. I continued smiling anyways.

As Kang In appa buried the box, toppling more dirt on top of the pile, Henry handed me a scroll with a pink ribbon tied around it. "Read it," Henry said. "It doesn't need to be out loud, but it needs to be read." I opened the scroll. The paper was so soft and authentic to parchment paper. In the most beautiful handwriting, written in Chinese, Korean, AND English, the words drawn with red ink were these:
 


"Hee Chul... I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you all your life... I knew about my sickness before I even met you. That was why I was in Korea, so that I wouldn't die in front of my family, not that many of them were alive anyway, only my mother. You can meet her one day if you want. Henry and Zhou Mi know where she is. But even though I knew I was dying, I also knew that I had to be with you.

Knowing you was the best thing that ever happened to me. Loving you was the smartest thing I've ever done. And the days I spent with you were the happiest ever in my life.

 

I know you saw this in me… You probably saw in my eyes an emotion, right? You probably thought it had been sadness… or regret… It’s neither of those. I’m only sorry for dying and leaving you on earth, but I’m leaving you in Zhou Mi and Henry’s care, so it eases my soul. No… What you saw was a bit of pain… It pained me to see you torn… To see you fly back and forth through countries just to take care of me, just to see me, a dying man who can’t even explain how much he loves you.

Hee Chul, I love you, forever and ever.

Remember:

Smile when it rains.

Never fall in love with anyone else. Only I can have that spot as your lover in your heart.

Don't hurt yourself. I want you safe until you die naturally.

And keep in touch with Henry and MiMi!! They're family now! They're your brothers because they were always like mine.


사랑해요, 희철!(Saranghaeyo, Hee Chul!)

我愛你, 希澈!(Wo ai ni, Xi Che!)

I love you, Hee Chul!

P.S. Henry helped me write the English part.

:heart: Love your forever eternal, undying lover,


韓庚  한경  Han Geng/Hankyung :heart:
 

-------------

A/N: Okay... Really sad yet heartwarming at the same time! ^^ *very proud* I had to use Google for the Chinese part. I used traditional Chinese, so to speak, because for some reason, I like it better than the simplified Chinese ^^;; and I used Hee Chul's Chinese name for the Chinese part. This is probably going to be one of my most prized fics that I ever wrote. So? What'd you think, neh?