✥ Chapter 16

Min Collection (Drabbles + Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1st Birthday

“Okay, we go in and we get out as fast as we can. The party can’t start without the birthday boy, but…” Yongguk spoke as he put the one year old in the shopping cart. “Your mom might kill me if we get there late, but c’mon! Who forgets to buy dip and doesn’t notice until…” Yongguk trailed off as he checked his watch, his eyes widening at the time. “15 minutes before the party!?” He hurried into the market, making sure not to crash into other carts.

It was his son’s 1st birthday and even though the child would not remember it or even care if it was extravagant or not, his mother wanted to throw him a large surprise party and made Yongguk take him out all morning. He had just left his parents house been and spent the day rolling his eyes as they covered their mouths when a hint about the party was said. The 1 year old simply stared at them and Yongguk couldn’t help laugh at his confused face. He found it cute and it would be a lie to say that he himself wasn’t excited for the party. He was the one who suggested after all, Min simply planned it and enthused over it.

Yongguk made car noises as he made his way to the dips and chips, earning adorable laughs from his chubby cheeked son. He turned into one of the aisles and made a breaking noise, then stopped in front of the dips. “Let’s see. What kind should we get? Spicy for sure huh?” Yongguk said, ticking his son with one hand and reaching for one of the dips with the other. Yugi let out another precious laugh as he grabbed hold of his father’s hand. Yongguk chuckled and began filling the cart with different variety of dips.

“He’s adorable!” Yongguk turned his head and saw a young woman around his age pushing her cart to them. “Thanks” Yongguk said, smiling politely. The young woman crouched down and pinched Yugi’s cheek softly. “You’re as handsome as your father aren’t you?” She said in a baby voice, but glancing up at Yongguk with a flirtatious smile. Yongguk didn’t notice though, he was busy putting two more dip containers in the back. The young woman made sure to glance at his left hand and felt the corned of her lips rise when she saw no ring.

“Do you come here often?” She asked, straightening up. “I would have totally remembered seeing you here” Yongguk nodded, ignoring the flirtatious tone behind her voice. “Yeah, my...ah, excuse me” He said when he heard his phone ring. He widened his eyes when he saw the text. “Oh. I’m sorry.  We have to go” Yongguk said, putting his phone away and backing up the cart. “I hope to see you around” Yongguk simply waved awkwardly and rushed to the cashier.

In record time, Yongguk paid and drove home, arriving 2 minutes before the actual time he was supposed to be there. He saw the cars of his friends and family members outside and even though Yugi wouldn’t have noticed, pretended that nothing out of the norm was happening. “We’re home!” Yongguk called out louder than usual as he set down the bag on the kitchen counter covered with plates of appetizers.

“Where’s momma?” Yongguk asked Yugi as he stared at some of the balloons decorating the ceiling. “Maybe she’s outside?” Yongguk opened the sliding door and a crowd of people raised their hands in the air and called out “Surprise!”

Yugi jumped in Yongguk’s arms, but then let out a high-pitched giggle, making everyone let out an “aw”.  

Yongguk chuckled and kissed his son’s head, then beamed when he saw his small-framed, shorthaired beauty walking over to him. “Happy Birthday baby boy” She cooed, kissing his cheek then pecking her husbands lips. “ Made it right on time” “You doubted me?” Min grinned and pecked his lips again, “Never” She said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter