Gestures

The Dragon Couple

Before We Begin: I did a little research on gestures in a relationship, and these were some of the most common ones that popped up. I've kind of paraphrased them a little, but you get the idea.


Hand Holding:

Tora looked at her nails with a scrutinising eye, debating whether she should ring her manicurist and book another appointment. They were getting rather ragged, but they were only done a week ago. What had she been doing to herself?

“It doesn’t fit!”

Helping her boyfriend sort out his clothes, that’s what she’s been doing.

“I told you to get rid of that one a month ago!” she yelled back to the bellowing dragon stuck in one of his old shirts. Kris finally removed himself from the offending piece of material and emerged from the wardrobe, carrying said white cloth in one hand. He threw it to the head of the bed and flopped face first into its comfort, letting out a sound that made Tora think someone had clipped his wings. It was hard to ignore the fact he was shirtless, too.

“This would be so much easier if you just lived here with me…” he mumbled through the layers of bedding he pressed on his face. Tora reached over for his hand and took it, giving it a squeeze to coerce him into looking at her.

“Maybe I should do that.” she said lowly. Kris turned his head to look at her, his eyes wide with disbelief.

“You mean…you really would-”

Yes, Kris. I really would.” The first smile of the day split the dragon’s face, his hand gripping hers a little tighter. Without warning, he flew off the bed and pulled Tora along behind him, Tora yelping in protest as her arm as tugged on.

“Let’s get this done then.” Kris declared, stumbling back into the wardrobe, “The sooner I make space, the sooner you can fill it.”

==

Leaving Messages:

“You have one new message.

“Hey, Kris! I know it’s your day off, so I deliberately called while you were dead to the world to leave you this message: I love you. Have a nice day, and I’ll see you tonight!”

Kris had to grin. Tora never failed to bring a smile to his face, no matter what time of the day it was. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, his arms spread wide and his fingers just dangling over the side. It didn’t register in his mind that her side of the bed was cold because she’d left him alone; in fact, he felt rather warm thanks to her lovely message. Rolling over onto his stomach, he reached for his phone again only to find he had another message from Tora on it. A text message this time.

I’m bringing home dinner tonight so don’t worry about cooking. You want anything specific?

He quickly typed a message back: Maybe pizza. Haven’t had that in a long time.

Sure thing, Galaxy. Love you! Xx

Love you too.

He truly was the luckiest man in the world.

==

Massages:

“Mrr…ah…oh God…”

Tora smiled against the goldenrod locks she’d just kissed and returned her efforts to rubbing her fingertips in small circles on her boyfriend’s scalp. Kris groaned and purred at every ministration she gave him, his arms gripping at her knees every time a particularly good rub was delivered. The crown of his head pressed into her stomach, his eyes half closed in his pleasure.

“You’re so good at this…” he half-growled, his appreciation lining each of his words.

“I need to look after the centre of my galaxy, don’t I?” she replied, leaning down a little closer, “After all, I need to return the favour of him looking after me.” Kris purred as he opened his eyes, dark brown meeting sunshine gold and sparking as if they’d met for the first time all over again. Tora finished the journey and gently pressed her lips to his, feeling him work his lips in time with hers. They parted slowly, Tora’s fingers still on autopilot in Kris’ hair.

“I’m never giving you up now. Not after I’ve learned how magical your hands really are.” he slurred slightly, his eyes slipping closed. Tora grinned and leaned back.

“My hands can work more magic than a simple massage, Kris. Would you like me to show you?” The tall male nearly left fire trails as he dashed off down the hall.

==

Hand Made Crafts:

“Sir, you have done an excellent job! Is there anything else you would like to purchase?”

Kris glanced around the shop, eyeing off several things before shaking his head. “No, that’ll be all.” he replied. The salesman grinned at him and carefully placed his shopping into a paper bag, exchanging the gift for the correct amount of money. Kris took the bag and left the shop, thankful that he didn’t have to spend too long in there; Tora would’ve been suspicious, after all. She wouldn’t have been suspicions of him inside a teddy bear shop, because she knew that he was a er for the cuter things in life (just ask Tao’s aegyo). It was more the amount of time he spent that would’ve aroused her suspicion.

“Kris! There you are!” Said girlfriend caught up to his strides, panting slightly. “Don’t you check your phone?”

“I was kind of busy.” he quickly replied. Tora’s pierced eyebrow was raised.

“What distracted you?” She eyed the shop he’d just been in, “Did you find a new friend for Ace?”

“Not for Ace. For you.” He held out the paper bag to her, watching her take it with hesitant fingers. Tora slowly opened the bag and peered inside, gasping softly at the sight that met her vision. She pulled the teddy bear out of the bag, admiring its cute hooded jumper and jeans that made it a smaller replica of her.

“Did you buy this?” she asked. Kris rubbed the back of his neck.

“I may have...made it…” He will admit to this day he wasn’t ready for the tackle he received, nor the squeal of delight in his ear. With his cheeks burning red, he wrapped his arms around Tora’s waist and returned her enthusiastic hug.

He took her squeals to mean ‘thank you’.

==

Cuddles:

Everyone has days when all they want to do once it ends is hide in their beds until the sun rises for tomorrow, which signals that a new page has been turned and another story is ready to be written into the book. Sometimes the signs for these sorts of days are obvious, and some are a little more difficult to find.

Tora tended to have asthma attacks whenever she got too stressed, a remnant of her days as an anxiety-riddled suicidal teenager. Kris tended to withdraw from the world whenever he was having a hard time, refusing to speak unless spoken to in case he said the wrong thing. If the both of them exhibited these behaviours on the same day…well, woe betide the next person to call on them.

The two resided on the couch at Luhan’s couch for the weekly movie night, Kris’ long legs occupying the remainder of the seats so nobody could go anywhere near them. Tora was curled like a cat in his lap, her head pressed delicately against the left hand side of his throat. Both sets of eyes were heavy with their stresses, but despite the constant worrying from their friends they refused to budge from their seats.

“Chanyeol.” The mentioned man looked up in time to catch a blue object thrown to him, “Thanks for coming out today. I thought I’d end up back in hospital with the way I was breathing.” Chanyeol pocketed the blue device and nodded his response, returning his attention to the movie that Luhan had put on forty minutes ago.

“Today was just a bad day for a lot of people.” Kris stated in a low voice, nuzzling his face into Tora’s hair. She nodded her affirmation to his statement and ran her fingertips up his arm, the woollen jumper he’d chosen to wear feeling strangely soft and comforting under her touch. His own hand drew patterns along the length of her upper right arm and shoulder, absently tracing circular designs around the area he knew resided a tattoo the size of a standard mug rim. Neither paid attention to the explosions and the swearing coming from the television in front of them, instead choosing to pay attention to the knowledge that they were safe and wrapped in each other, body, mind and soul.

Luhan let them stay the night.


Author's Note: I'm on a fluff streak. don't judge me.

-GuardianOfTheDawn :3