Starting A Family

The Dragon Couple

Before We Begin: This is a vampire!AU drabble...thing. And I apologise for injuring and nearly killing Sehun.


Kris found Sehun dying in a dank alley in a neighbourhood renowned for its crime, the knife used to harm him sticking out of his right side, between two of the ribs closest to his armpit. His blood was running down his side in rivulets, slowing the more his life drained away. Kris bit his lip. This was pathetic. Nobody deserved to die and be forgotten about, though he now understood what coincidence was.

Sehun attempted to shift as the tall man moved closer to him, his feet silent on the concrete beneath. In his dying state, he could see the man was powerful; when he came closer, he could definitely see it.

Kris leaned closer. “You don’t deserve this.” he stated. Sehun choked out a cough, blood bubbling over his lower lip and down his chin. The taller man pressed a cool hand to Sehun’s pallid cheek, feeling the want to continue living pumping weakly underneath his skin.

“You want to live, but in this state you will not survive for half an hour.” Sehun choked out another cough, this one sounding sarcastic. Kris allowed his lips to pull back over his teeth in a smirk, his eyes flashing with something that made Sehun’s blood run colder than he was starting to feel. Kris leaned closer still, the younger male feeling him run his mouth over the side of his neck where –

“You will live.”

~~

Tora found Tao sitting in a large splattered pool of blood inside a half-burned hut, the newborn torn between fear and shock at what had transpired before the woman had arrived. His eyes were as crimson as his hair, which dripped with the splatterings that had mostly coated him from head to foot. Tora carefully stepped over the pools and rivers and made it to the frightened newborn, crouching down to him and extending her hand to him.

“I…I…” Words did not want to make themselves coherent on Tao’s tongue, and he instead chose to trust the woman in front of him, taking her hand and allowing her to assist him to his feet and out of the hut.

“It was not your fault.” she whispered to him, pulling him to her chilled body despite the blood that would definitely stain the clothes she wore. Tao allowed himself to sniffle a little and took several deep breaths, feeling himself calm down even further now that someone was holding onto him.

“Mama…” he breathed out, closing his eyes and putting himself into autopilot. Tora didn’t acknowledge the name, but it did register in her brain as she took the newborn away from the carnage that he had unwillingly wrought. She held him tighter when he sniffled, all his shaking ceasing when his own arms twined loosely around her waist.

“You will live.”


Author's Note: ...yeah, still sorry.

-GuardianOfTheDawn :3