Aid To Mate

The Dragon Couple

Before We Begin: This is an anthro-type thing, because I said I was attempting all the cliches. If there's any I haven't added yet, it's because I'm still working on it.


Kris surveyed the glittering treasures in his claws with a critical eye, growling at himself and throwing them over his shoulder with a huff. Nothing he had was good enough for the beauty he wanted to court. And with mating season coming up, he had to find something better than all the other males out there who would most likely try to attract her attention too. Turning his head, he cast his eyes over all the treasure he had in his cave, all the coins and jewels strewn over the floor in unorganised piles, and blew out several embers in his agitation.

“Kris! Kris, you in?”

Kris immediately perked up when he heard the voice at the entrance to his den, watching as the object of his affections slithered through the large opening with a worried look on her face. Tora shook her head to clear her travel lag, several long emerald feathers dropping to the stony ground. Her feathery wings dusted the ground as she entered, leaving thin trails in the dust. Kris grimaced. He really needed to clean up the place a bit.

“Tora!” That sounded way too cheerful, “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Well, mating season is coming up, and even though I know it’s all about the males wanting to attract potential females I wanted to do something to help the male I’ve chosen to attract me.” she replied. Kris blinked at her. Wha-

Oh. Oh. Ohhhhhh…

Tora slowly leaned away from him, smacking her lips with her pleasure at his response. “Good luck, Kris.” she whispered, leaning forward one more time to peck his lips before slinking out of his den and taking off into the sky. Kris watched her go with a dazed look on his face, his claws absently grasping at air as he tried to process what had happened. The only thing that reminded him that she’d been there was the feathers still strewn near the entrance to his den. With a snarl he rushed forward and collected them all up in case others lurked nearby and smelled her in his home. He had a beauty to court, and he’d be damned if any of the others got to her first.


-GuardianOfTheDawn :3