OOAK Concert. Second Strike.

One-sided Love

Everything went well, Hayi never finds out who I was and Lydia-noona drove me back safely to YG Building, as my members were waiting for me worriedly.

"Hyung, where have you been? It's like hours and you don't tell us where you went." Junhoe and his sassiness, as always.

"I know, it's not like you, Hanbin-ah, to be MIA like this. So where did you go?" Yunhyung-hyung seconded Junhoe's statement, as I am thinking hard whether I should lie or not.

 

... and I decide to lie.

 

"Lydia-noona asked me to help her with her new composition. I was really into it so I forgot about time and come back late. Sorry guys. But I texted Jinhwan-hyung earlier to inform you guys that I'll be late." I try to explain myself as simple as possible, hopefully they'll buy it.

"There's a difference between running minutes late and MIA for hours, Hanbin-ah. I thought you're just going to the convenience store and buy some Pringles." Jinhwan pouts and sighs, he seems to be really worried and tired.

"I know, it's all my fault, hyung. I am really sorry. I should be more responsible with you guys, this would never happen again, I promise. So, friends?"

"Of course we are, Hanbin-ah, we're just so worried that something happened to you." Jinhwan stated as the oldest among them.

"So, can we go and eat now? I'm hungry and I can barely move right now. That's because we still train so hard even without you supervising us all the time, Hanbin-ah" Bobby said.

"Does that mean I can go MIA anytime that I want?" I grin and suddenly they throw pillows at me. 

"Yah! No way, hyung! Now let's go and eat. We need our energy~~~" Junhoe finally ending our unimportant debate and head to the cafeteria together.

 -----

I try my hardest to cover my uneasiness regarding the scene unfolded before me just one hour ago by being playful with my members, but Jinhwan-hyung seems to be noticing something wrong with me. So he slows down his walk until both of us are in the last row and whispers to me.

"Hanbin-ah, is there something you're not telling me? You look somewhat sad."

"Aniya, hyung. I'm okay. Maybe just tired."

"We've trained together for years, pabo-ya! Don't you think I don't whether you're tired or sad, Hanbin-ah?" I can never hide things with him, and I sigh loudly.

"It's something that I can't tell you, hyung. Maybe not yet. I don't what should I tell you about my stupid-unimportant problem. But than you for noticing and trying to help. I hope my problem would never interfere with our practice, hyung."

"You know you can always talk to me, right. Not just work-related. Anything, Hanbin-ah. Even when someday you're falling in love with someone, I will be happy to listen to your adolescence problems~"

"Now you're sounded like an old man, hyung!" I laugh while trying to cover my nervousness regarding his remark, and he punches my arm.

"But seriously, hyung. Thanks." And with that we join our members and eat to replenish our energy.

-----

We're back in our dorm at 4 am, and I can't sleep. I keep playing the scene in my mind, feeling stupid and helpless. How can I compete with a sunbae as famous as Shinee member? But then again since when I have the urge to compete for her affection? I used to feel content just hearing good news about her, or accidently meeting her in the building. I think I got greedy, I don't know whether it's a good thing.

Maybe I should stop this stupid greed and back to being her admirer instead. That way I won't be distracted. I need to focus with our upcoming WIN filming as well.

Okay, it's decided. I won't overthink things and focus on my work instead. As Jinhwan-hyung said, it's an adolescence problem.

-----

Months have gone by and I'm in the middle of WIN filming. We're hoping to debut as soon as possible, and by winning this survival show, we'll reach our dream faster. I also can't wait to be in the same stage with her as an equal.

What about 'her' problem lately? I follow my own rules on not being greedy and focus on my work. I met her occasionally between practice, I met her 5 times in gym with Hwangssabu-nim. She looked thinner and she grew prettier, and she smiled more as she's close to Lydia-noona and 2NE1-noonas. The only thing that I can do is to watch her from my place. I'm happy for her.

One time, she accompany Yang sajangnim in one of our evaluation and I were really nervous! How can I be all calm and composed with her starring at me like that? This is madness. Seriously, everytime I try to hold back, something come to test my will.

Thankfully I am a very positive person, so instead of making fool out myself, I tried my best and show her what I am capable of. Our team won that episode, but sadly she didn't choose us. Maybe she thought that Team A-hyungs were better. I were almost as sad as if I were losing that round.

In one of WIN episode, we were invited to watch GD-hyung's second day of his final concert in Seoul. As we arrived in the venue, we went straight to GD-hyung's room to greet him. I went in first with Junhoe and Jinhwan-hyung, and we saw there were Taeyang-hyung, Daesung-hyung, and her.

We waited by the door because they're filming for the DVD, and I saw Taeyang-hyung looked at her so close and said that she's gorgeous. I felt tense and my palms were sweating. Unfortunately this went noticeably by Jinhwan-hyung as he asked me immediately what went wrong, and I just told him that suddenly felt dizzy, but I thought he didn't trust me.

We went to watch the performance anyway, and I tried so hard to be playful and enjoying the performance like others, as I kept reminding myself that we're filming. I couldn't look sad for our sake. I kept telling myself that Taeyang-hyung were just praising her as a good sunbae and brother, no hidden agenda, and there's no reason to be jealous. Wait, what?

I can't help it.

The greed came back just like that.

-----

A/N: This is way too long time for no update, rite guys? I'm sorry I can't even reasoned w/ myself, my update is short but I will try to update more. Please stay with me. <3

Anw, I dont know whats wrong w/ my cellphone so I cant edit this post. I will edit this chapter as soon as I can. Thank you!!