Secrets.

One-sided Love

"I still can believe that you're in love with Hayi, Hanbin-ah!"

"Shhhht, not too loud, hyung. I don't tell anyone about this, and definitely not planning to broadcast this out loud."

"But seriously, Hanbin-ah! We barely talk to her, she's somewhat cold toward us."

"No, not really hyung. He's really nice to me. She even once worried about me when she saw me sitting alone in the practice room at 9 am in the morning."

"Eeeeey, is that one of your hallucination again?"

"Seriously hyung! She's still a trainee as well back then,"

-----

Flashback

“Hanbin-ssi, what are you doing here alone? Where are others?” Her presence shocked me, and I lift up my head to see her worried face looking back at me.

 

“Ah, Hayi-ssi. I’m just taking a break. The others will be coming soon.”

“What do you mean by taking a break? You haven’t slept yet? Hanbin-ssi, you’ll get sick.”

“It’s okay, I’m fine. Thank you for worrying though. I'm all refreshed now.” I pat my own cheeks and smile at her.

"Well, get some rest later, okay? See you around, Hanbin-ssi. Good luck with your practice."

-----

"... and you're positively sure that your story is real? As in 100% really happened, Hanbin-ah?"

"Why are you insisting on me being mental, hyung? I'm really having some interaction with her."

"Is just that, we're almost always together, yet I seldom see her, let alone see her talking to you."

"Maybe if you stay up all night with me, you might witness that hyung." I am getting cranky with my hyung's antics.

"Sorry, Hanbin-ah. Don't be upset with me, okay~"

"So, you believe me now?"

"Let's say that those things happened, and you're in love with her. What are you going to do? Will you approach her?"

"No hyung, I decided a long time ago that I won't try to approach her. Just being a friend is enough."

"That's no fun! Why aren't you?"

"First, she doesn't like me. Second, we're not even debuted yet. Three, I don't think sajangnim would approve me dating her."

"Aren't you a timid little boy, Hanbin-ah. Our company is not that uptight about personal relationship thing, and how could you expect her to like you if you'e not pursuing her?"

"I'm just unsure, hyung. I don't even like the feeling of jealousy that distracted me from our competition at WIN earlier. I can't risk us being disband over my own problem."

"So, your tantrum before is about you being jealous? Over whom?"

"I got really jealous when Youngbae-hyung being so close to her and complimenting her. I can't even talk to her in one full sentence, hyung!"

"Aish, this boy. But at least you made a good song out of your frustration, right?"

"Well, if you put it that way."

"But seriously, you said yourself that you don't want to pursue her, but you're getting jealous easily, Hanbin-ah. What is that make you?"

"A loser." I look at the ground and sigh.

"Eeeeeey, don't be so sad, my baby dongsaeng. We can work it out, we just need some way to make her notice you, okay?"

"Hyung, didn't I tell you that I don't want to pursue her?"

"But this, whatever it is you are doing is not healthy, Hanbin-ah. You should let your feeling out."

"I'm doing quite well pouring it out with song, hyung. You teach me that yourself."

"But -"

"Please hyung, I'm telling you about her because I promised you. Not because I want your help to be close to her. So please end this conversation now, and tell no one about this. Promise me, hyung."

"What about our members? Can I tell them?"

"NO!"

"Ummmm, only Kimbab, then. We tell each other everything, right?"

"Teliing him secrets is just as you're telling the whole company, hyung. NO!"

"Junhoe?"

"He's close to Hayi, I'm afraid that he'll spill it up by accident."

"But I can't stand not telling anyone about it, Hanbin-ah! Give me a name, juseyo~"

"I'll let you talk to Donghyuk then, but make sure he didn't tell anybody else. Arra?"

"Deal!"

-----

As we get back to our dorm later that afternoon, bringing foods and ice creams to calm our members' growling stomach down and to keep their spirit up, we notice that there's a van outside of our dorm, and we hurriedly go inside. We found PK-hyung, Teddy-hyung and Jinu-hyung at the living room and they're asking us to take a seat. Jinu-hyung informs us that we'll be shooting for WINNER TV next week, and they'll prepare Bobby-hyung and I to enter the upcoming season of SMTM. We talk for a moment over foods and that's when PK-hyung asks me to join him for a moment to talk in private. I can see the look of my other members, they look worried. But I just smile and join him to talk outside.

"Hanbin-ah, remember the composition that we work on last week, the one with slow bpm. You already have half of the lyric, rite?"

"Ne, hyung. Bobby-hyung is working on the other half of the lyric by now. What about it?"

"Well, you know that your Winner hyung are already going to open Bigbang's concert in Japan, right? While we're here to prepare for their new album. Long story short, I showed Yang sajangnim our song, and he likes it. For Winner. What do you think, Hanbin-ah? Are you okay with that?"

"Oh, really hyung? But I'm not a pro, is it okay to use something that I made for their debut album?"

"Eeeeey, what do you mean by that? It's good. Even Yang sajangnim gives it a go. He wants to make it a title track. He hoped for fresh arranged song from them, but we better be safe than sorry. We can't have their debut delay because they lack of songs to choose, right?"

"Ne, hyung."

"So, are you okay with this?"

"Well, I'm actually honored, hyung. Why wouldn't I be okay with it?" I tilt my head slightly, confused of the question.

"I thought you will still be in a bad mood state because of losing to them, that's why I don't ask about this in front of others."

"Seriously, hyung. I'm honoured. Thanks for bringing the song to Yang sajangnim. We still need to work on it, though."

"Agreed. Let's start tomorrow then."

"Call! Now let's go inside, hyung. I'm hungry"

-----

After all three hyungs bid goodbye to us, my members start to ask me question about the 'secret meeting' earlier, so I explain to them about the news and they're very happy to hear that. So happy that Junhoe demands to have me treat him for a whole week since "you'll get a lot of royalty, hyung!" apparently. My members are undoubtly weird, yet makes me so very happy. Later that night, Donghyuk comes toward me and pulls a chair right in front of me. With a knowing look, he whispers to me;

"Jinhwan hyung told me about your crush, hyung. Don't worry, I'll back you up 100%!"

Well, that's fast.

-----

It's been a very productive 4 months for us, as we wrapped up Wait For Me, Last Time, What Time it is, Eyes Nose Lips cover and several new songs, finishing Empty, started filming on our new survival show and now we're being informed that we'll be joining YG Family Concert in Japan! We're really excited and though we're only performing several songs, it s a very rare opportunity that we should seize. We practice really hard on our team performance, like Just Another Boy, and Ringa Linga, Bobby hyung and I had additional performance with Mino and LSH-hyung as we're going to perform HOT and High High.

Because of the hectic schedule we're having this week, I haven't realize that we're be performing in the same stage as Hayi until today, the last day before departure. As I realize it, I rush toward Jinhwan-hyung and he laughs at me.

"Donghyuk and I have been wondering when will you realize that we'll be performing with her. Just don't lose your control. Or lose it and confess to her in the stage."

"You know I won't do anything like that, hyung."

"Oh, well. I'm hoping for something interesting to happen, Hanbin-ah."

"Don't count on it, hyung. Whe have to focus on our performance."

"Oh, I will."