Epilogue

Stupidly Perfect, Perfectly Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Yi Fan!” Luhan bounded to his tall bestfriend from his room. Kris is standing at the kitchen as he made them pancakes for breakfast.

                “You’re happy,” Kris commented and he rustled Luhan’s bronze hair.

                “Don’t! I especially want my hair to be a surprise for Sehunnie,” Luhan pouted as he took a step back and inhaled the smell of wonderful pancakes in the morning.

                “Why don’t you go get Jongin? Has he finished packing?” Kris set down the last pancake over his pile.

                “He’s probably out already. He was doing an all-nighter for the project that he needs to submit tomorrow,” Luhan picked up the syrup and poured it over his own pile of pancakes. On cue, Jongin came from the front door, wearing a stupid grin on his face.

                “Have you two packed already?” he almost bounced off the floor.

                “You’re not excited,” Luhan rolled his eyes on his cousin as he went for his own share of breakfast.

                “No, , hyung. I’ll be seeing Kyungie tomorrow!” Jongin clapped his hands like a seal. “And I have Kris hyung to thank for that,” the two high-fived each other.

                “You both are excited. We’re not allowed to stay there for any longer than three days but you’ve packed like you’re not coming back,” Kris joined them on the table.

                “Whatever,” Luhan flipped his bangs. “You sure did pull a lot of strings to get this stingy place agree to let us out for a vacation,” Kris just shrugged. He’s earned the respect of all his professors with his excellent performance and he’s earned the respect of the people who worked for Wu Technologies for the past two years. That’s why it wasn’t that hard to earn a little favor from them.

                “I’m not complaining!~” Jongin sang and Luhan covered his ears. Jongin is a very good dancer but he can’t sing. That’s why he and Kyungsoo complements. After everybody was full and Jongin went to the sink to wash the dishes, Kris went back to his room and powered up his laptop. He knew that Chanyeol is busy because of the turnover of the Music club to its new officers and his graduation in two days but he wanted to try his luck. Chanyeol is offline. Well, he should’ve known.

                “YeolDa,” he took the plushie and hugged it close. “We’ll be seeing your other dad and brother tomorrow,” Kris sighed in relief. Sure, he was the one who made the arrangements for this surprise but the excitement hasn’t sunk in to him until now. The two years of being apart from Chanyeol didn’t make him love him any less. His feelings just grew. His college days were certainly better than when he was in high school (not accounting Chanyeol yet). He had several friends from his classes and nobody was trying to follow him around like some of his fans did.

                He went about his classes, played basketball and dealt with his bestfriend and his cousin like a normal person would. For the first time, he was stripped off of all the perks of being Kris Wu. Chanyeol has helped a lot on that, of course. He kept telling Kris that he should help himself because if he won’t, he’ll continue to struggle with his own self. Kris smiled. He has also seen Chanyeol change over the two years.

                He’s not referred to as ‘stupid’ anymore because he had earned himself a scholarship to a prestigious music school and he has studied hard to keep himself in the top ten. Even if he’ll not be following Kyungsoo in the honor’s list, Chanyeol is still happy for his achievements and Kris is even prouder.

                There were petty fights and arguments but they didn’t last. Both of them knew that if they let a drift to start in between them, it will be hard to fix so they found a way to keep each other by compromising. The everyday video call and regular text messages helped. As well as the sharing of pictures. Kris thanked his father for getting into such a meaning business. All the means of technology that he and Chanyeol are using were very important tools. He even admired his father more as he came to know more of the Wu Technologies as he trained to lead it in a few years’ time.

                “Kris?” Luhan called from the other side of his door.

                “Do you need something, Lu?”

                “I need you to come out?”

                “Seriously Luhan, if you’re doing this to annoy me again…” Kris opened his door but there was no Luhan in front of it. YeolDa was snatched off of his hands.

                “Ahh, Kris. I told you to wash YeolDa regularly. When was the last time you washed this poor baby?” Chanyeol was looking at him with annoyed eyes. The ability of speech has left Kris without leaving a notice of when it will come back, he just hopes that it will be soon. It’s good enough that he was able to move his hand from his side and bring it up to the other’s ear and pulled it.

                “Owww, you didn’t need to pull that hard, love,” the other grimaced but Kris stayed in his trance. He brought his other hand to Chanyeol’s other ear and pulled it, too. “Yah, Lu, what did you make Kris eat for breakfast?” Chanyeol turned his head after a few seconds because Luhan didn’t answer. His lips were pretty busy. Chanyeol exhaled and faced Kris again who’s still looking at him blankly.

       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter