Chapter 4

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4



:: FLASHBACK ::


Yuri entered the KRAZE Room. As soon as she saw her coming in, Seohyun grabbed her best friend and dragged the girl aside so that no one would see them.

 

“What the–”

 

“Is it true?!”

 

“What is?”

 

“That you’re having a party this Friday?!”

 

Yuri gave a guilty smile. “Oh, that.”

 

“Yes, THAT!” Seohyun raised her voice. “How can you’re not telling me about it?!”

 

“I was going to, believe me.” Yuri hoped to defend herself.

 

“And yet I’m literally the last one to know?!”

 

“Calm down, Seohyun. It’s not a big deal.” The tanned teen sighed.

 

Seohyun was shocked at the statement. “How can you even say that?! Listen to yourself, Yul. Your parents are away and you’re having a party. A freaking PARTY. This is so not you!”

 

“Exactly!” Yuri softly groaned at her surprised best friend. “I don’t want to be boring anymore. Seohyun, we’re in our senior year. I want to have fun for once.”

 

“By throwing a party?!”

 

“Why not?” Yuri was not intending to back down even for one bit. “Besides, it’s not like it’s going to be like some wild party or anything. Think of it as a small gathering for our friends. A gathering where there’ll be foods and drinks, and that we’ll be chatting away all night long.”

 

“But don’t you think it’s a bit–”

 

“This is the first I’m having a party of my own.” Yuri interrupted Seohyun by holding her hands. “And I want you to be there.” She kept her gaze on the puffed cheeks. “Promise me that you’ll come.”

 

Seohyun stared back at her crush. She didn’t respond, but just heaved a deep sigh instead.



:: END FLASHBACK ::


Seohyun continually tapped her pencil on her textbook. Her other hand was propping her chin. Instead of finding the solutions for the equations given, her mind wandered around for the past hour. A lot had been happening for the last few days; from her sudden astonished attention towards a certain deer, to the impulsive revelation of her best friend’s behavior. As much as she wanted to focus on her studies, she couldn’t get her mind to stay away from the two girls.

 

“Thinking about something?”

 

Seohyun turned to the eye-smiles who just entered the bedroom. She went silent for a while. “Someone~” She finally said.

 

“Aah.” Tiffany hopped on the bed. “Yuri again?” She knew about her little sister’s so-called-love-story and it didn’t surprise her if that was the case. For all she knew, Seohyun had been obsessing on the tanned friend of hers for years. “What is it this time?”

 

“She’s having a party tomorrow.”

 

“Cool.” Tiffany grabbed a random novel from the side table and started glancing through it.

 

Seohyun pouted a little. “No, it’s not cool! Yuri is not the kind of girl who would just throw a party when the parents are away.”

 

“Maybe she is and you just don’t know it.”

 

“Nonsense!”

 

Tiffany scoffed and softly laughed. “She’s 17, Juhyun. What do you expect? That she’ll be playing with you in that tiny tree house for the rest of her life?!”

 

“Well, no…but–”

 

“She’s growing up. Deal with it.” The older girl stated without even removing her eyes from the book she was holding.

 

“How does throwing a stupid party make her grow up?!” It was Seohyun’s turn to scoff.

 

Tiffany slowly looked up. “It means that she’s tired of being in the same circle over and over again. She wants to broaden up her horizon. Unlike you, she wants to be normal for a change.”

 

Seohyun shot her sister a glare. She was not amused by the hidden joke at all. “But unnie,” She sighed. “I feel like she changes a lot for the past few weeks. Like drastically. It…I don’t know…it scares me, I guess.”

 

“How so?”

 

“Sometimes, I feel like I’m falling for a totally different person now and I hate that. I mean, it’s still Yuri, but then again, it’s not. Are you following me?”

 

“I see what you mean.” Tiffany made an effort to put the pieces all together. “But, if you like her so much like you claimed to be; doesn’t that mean you should accept her for who she is? I mean, taking the whole package, the good and the bad.”

 

“The problem is…I’m not sure who the real Yuri anymore~” Seohyun muttered under her breath.

 

“What’s that?”

 

Seohyun shook her head. “Nothing.”

 

Tiffany just stared at her younger sister. “By the way, the maid said Yoona came by earlier when you went to the library.”

 

“She did?” Seohyun’s eyes suddenly sparkled. “Whatever for?”

 

“Returning some of your notes, I guess.”

 

“Oh.” She sounded disappointed.

 

“What she’s been up to these days anyway? She barely hangs out here anymore.”

 

“She must’ve been with Jessica.” Seohyun rolled her eyes a bit.

 

“Who?”

 

“The new girl.”

 

“Aah, I see. Well, when you see Yoona, please tell her that I miss her so much.”

 

“You’re not the only one~” Seohyun quietly said.

 

Tiffany, however, caught that and instantly smirked. “Huh.”

 

Seohyun could recognize the tone anywhere. “What?”

 

“What ‘what’?”

 

“What was with the ‘Huh’?!”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“No. There was a meaning behind that ‘Huh’. That was not a normal ‘Huh’. You meant to say something with that ‘Huh’ and now you’re taking it back.”

 

“You’re seriously rambling right now.”

 

“Speak.” Seohyun looked at her sister with an intense stare.

 

Tiffany paused for a while before having a huge grin on her lips. “I think you might have a thing for Yoona as well.”

 

Seohyun became numb for a moment. It was not after she truly absorbed what she heard that she widened her eyes. “WHAT?!”

 

“I’m just saying–”

 

“I don’t have a thing for Yoona!”

 

Tiffany was definitely amazed by the sudden defensive mode of her sister. She kept her smirk all the way through. “Okay. I guess I was mistaken then.”

 

“Right you are. There’s no way that I would like her like that!”

 

“Fine.”

 

The two girls didn’t say a word for a whole minute. “I don’t have a thing for her.” Seohyun finally broke the silence.

 

“Noted.” Tiffany was still smirking.

 

“Ugh, can we just stop talking about Yoona already?!”

 

“I’m not the one who’s still talking about her, honey.” Tiffany burst into quiet giggles upon watching her then reddened-faced sister. She decided to give it a rest. “Anyway, tell me. What are you wearing tomorrow?”

 

“I’m not going.”

 

“Eh? Why not?”

 

“Because I don’t go to parties, unnie.” Seohyun composedly went back to her textbook.

 

Tiffany sighed at her younger sister’s uptight attitude. “Juhyun, I love you, but you need to stop acting like an old hag. Have some little fun, for crying out loud.”

 

“Oh, there are a lot of fun things on my lis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter