Chapter 18

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18

 

Yoona was a tall girl. Freakishly tall for her age. And she was never really fond of that little fact. Something about looking less cute from other petite girls?

 

 

“So, why did you try to squeeze the life out of Yoona?” Krystal took a sip of her soda.

 

Seohyun was trapped. Who would’ve thought the little girl in front of her could make her nervous all of a sudden. “Um…I…”

 

“For the last time, she wasn’t trying to strangle me.”

 

“Yeah, she did.” Krystal was confident. “I saw her!”

 

“And what exactly did you see?” Yoona leaned back to her chair.

 

“Her hands were around your neck!”

 

“That’s it? Well,”

 

“She was teasing me.” Seohyun suddenly spoke.

 

Both girls looked at her direction. “Teasing you?!” Krystal was not convinced.

 

Seohyun stretched out a tiny beam. “About me not being good at playing games.”

 

“Y–Yeah.” Yoona tried to play along.

 

“But,”

 

“Look.” Yoona interrupted. “Did you even see Seohyun’s face when she ‘strangled’ me?” She air-quoted the word.

 

Krystal pouted, feeling like she was losing the ‘battle’. “Well…no. Your big head was blocking her.”

 

“Exactly.” Yoona was relieved. “Not that I’m admitting that I have a huge head or anything, but if it’s not in the way, you would’ve seen Seohyun’s pissed face at me.”

 

“That…makes sense.” Krystal’s respond was soft as she shoved some greasy fries into .

 

 

Yep, Yoona was a tall girl. And for the first time in her life, she’s glad that she was.

 

 

_____*_____

 

 

[Seo Residence]

 

 

“Thank you for walking me home.”

 

“No problem.” Yoona smiled back. “See you at school?”

 

“Sure.” Seohyun tilted her head a little to the side. “It’s really nice to meet you, Krystal.”

 

“Likewise.” Krystal scanned the young writer up and down for the last time before flashing the infamous half-smile of hers. “You’re okay.”

 

Yoona leaned in to Seohyun. “Take that as a compliment,” she whispered.

 

 

Seohyun could only beam at the words. After bidding their goodbyes, she waited until the two girls were out of sight before finally released a huge lump of breath that she held earlier. Her thoughts went back to what; or almost, happened at the pier. It was interesting. Bizarrely interesting.  

 

Gutsy was one of the words that Seohyun would never use to describe herself. Geek? Nerd? Yes. But never gutsy. However, she might consider including it in her life vocabulary after the incident that she initiated. Seohyun surprised herself at the daring move she made. Was she really trying to kiss Yoona? Or worst; did she want the kiss to happen?

 

Seohyun shook her head hard. What was she thinking? She had a girlfriend and she would never cheat on her. Even so, she couldn’t help but to be curious on how it would be like to taste Yoona’s lips on hers again. Sigh. Seohyun cursed herself for being giddy at the thought.

 

 

“I’m home.” Seohyun said as soon as she entered the mansion.

 

“Hyunnie?”

 

 

Seohyun turned her head to the frail voice. There she was; her girlfriend holding a rose with pleading eyes. The scene was not new to Seohyun. It was as if it had become almost like a routine; they fought, they made up, fought again and the rest was history. It was up until a point where Seohyun felt that it was not even okay to have that routine. Yes; she was a novice in the dating world but even she could feel that relationship was not supposed to be like that.

 

Seohyun was in love with her best friend. She was in love with Yuri. But now, she felt that she was sailing in a compromising ship with a very insecure human being. What scared her the most was that she would get tired of the relationship. Seohyun didn’t want that to happen, but after a while, she felt like she was heading to that direction.

 

Yuri slowly walked up to her girlfriend. No words had been said, but the latter just accepted the rose while giving a weak beam. Sigh. Seohyun didn’t even like roses~

 

 

_____*_____

 

 

[Jung Residence]

 

 

“I can’t believe you did that, Mom!” Jessica was bewildered. She turned to her father. “And you! How come you’re being so okay with this?!”

 

“Oh, relax Sooyeon. It’s not like she doesn’t know her way in this neighbourhood.” Mr Jung continued reading his newspaper.

 

“Your father’s right, honey.” Mrs Jung poured some coffee into her husband’s cup. “Krystal used to live here too, remember?”

 

“When she was four, Mom.” Jessica held her the sides of her mother’s shoulders tightly to make her statement. “Four!”

 

“I know, but–”

 

“What if somebody rob her?! What if she gets lost?! Or worst,” Her hands were randomly in the air by then. “WHAT IF SHE GETS ?!”

 

 

Right in the middle of the frantic conversation, the door opened with Krystal’s head peeking in from the outside.

 

 

“I can hear squeaking from ten miles away. Did we get ourselves a new pig?” The young girl coolly went inside the house and then stared at her sister with blank expression on her face. “Oh, it’s just you.”

 

Jessica worried eyes instantly turned to intense glares. “Why oh why, nobody kidnaps you while you’re out?!” She then finally realized a certain doe eyes following behind her sister. “Yoona?”

 

Yoona gave her a sweet smile. “Hey.”

 

“What are you–”

 

“Oh great, you’re here. Would you like some coffee, dear?”

 

“No, I’m good.” Yoona politely declined the middle-aged woman’s offer. “I’m just here to make sure Krystal gets home safely.”

 

“No, you’re not.” Krystal grabbed a creamy cracker on the counter. “You’re here because you wanted to see my stupid sister.”

 

The doe-eyed chuckled. “Well, that too.”

 

Jessica scratched the back of her neck, hoping that it would hide her red face. “But how did y–”

 

“I found her.”

 

Jessica looked at her younger sister. “You found her?”

 

“Yep.” She nodded. “She was having a date with some girl.”

 

Eyes were amplified. “S-She what?!”

 

Before Jessica could go on, Yoona was fast to interrupt. “I was not!” She hastily turned to the blonde and the rambling began. “And there’s no girl. It was just Seohyun. We finished the project and talked for a while, and then she said that wished that she could be spontaneous like me, so I said ‘Want to be one?’, then we decided that maybe we should have some fun playing some games at the pier, when suddenly somebody grabbed me from behind and I was like ‘Oh my God, someone’s trying to kill me’, so then–”

 

“Why are you even bother explaining?” Krystal hopped on a stool in front of where her parents sat. “It’s not like you’re cheating on her.”

 

Yoona suddenly stopped when she realized that the girl was actually right. Why did she feel bad going out on a ‘date’ with Seohyun? “Well, I just–”

 

“Heck, you guys are not even a couple.”

 

Not yet. “Shut up, Krys.” Jessica had eyes that could kill.

 

Krystal gazed back and suddenly smirked. “Oooh, you like it when she’s feeling guilty and all, don’t you Jessie?”

 

Jessica was caught. She blushed instantly. “I said shut the hell up!”

 

“There, there. That’s enough girls.” Mr Jung was actually amused by his elder daughter’s sudden defensive mode. “We got company, remember?” He turned to the guest. “I’m sorry, Yoona. This happens, well…” He grinned. “…almost all the time.”

 

“No, no.” She chuckled. “I’m used to it.”

 

“Honey,” Mrs Jung suddenly turned to her husband. “We need to get ready if we want to catch that dinner reservation.”

 

“Oh, you guys are going out?” Yoona looked at the whole family. “I’m sorry. I’ll take my leave, then.”

 

Just when Yoona was about to head to the door, Jessica grabbed her hand. “Stay here a little longer.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter