Chapter 21

Krazy Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21

 

 

[KRAZE Room]

 

 

Soulmate : Does It Exist?

 

Seohyun lightly shook her head. Could those be the main article for KRAZE’s next issue? She slowly pressed the key on her laptop and deleted it, word by word. The young writer leaned back against her chair and sighed. Was she about to treat KRAZE as her own personal diary?

 

 

The City of Career-Ville

 

 

Now that was a more fitting headline, especially for the final-year students like herself. Seohyun sat up straight, ready to start on her piece. That was until the gossip girls of KRAZE stepped inside the room and began to fill it with their not-so-discreet voices.

 

Seohyun rarely listened to them. She had no interest in the school’s rumors whatsoever. However, her ears perked up upon hearing a very familiar name.

 

 

“How cool was Yoona?”

 

“I know, right?” Sunny acted like she just stepped into the ‘la-la’ land. “I wish I had someone who would do that to me.”

 

“Do what?”

 

Sunny and Jihyo jumped at the sudden voice. “Sheesh, you scared us! I didn’t know you were here.”

 

“Sorry.” Seohyun gave a small beam. “What did Yoona do?” She just went straight to the point.

 

“You haven’t heard about it?”

 

The curious girl shook her head.

 

Jihyo shot out a dreamy smile. “Yoona claimed that she’s with Jessica in front of everybody yesterday!”

 

“Yesterday?”

 

“Yep.” Sunny nodded with excitement. “At the café.”

 

Seohyun swallowed the lump in . “So, by saying that she’s ‘with Jessica’, she meant,” Part of her didn’t even want to own up to the truth.

 

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Jihyo clapped her hands furiously. “She’s with Jessica!”

 

 

The girls went on and on about what happened; how Yoona courageously stood up to Taecyeon while averring that Jessica was hers. Seohyun’s knees suddenly trembled. She felt like kneeling onto the floor. Her heart seemed to skip a beat upon hearing the rumor.

 

 

Aish. What rumor?! Yoona said it herself. Jessica is now her-

 

“Too bad it was just a cover up.”

 

Wait. What?!

 

“Yah, you don’t know that!”

 

“Oh, come on Sunny. Taecyeon had been bugging Jessica for weeks now. And you know how much Yoona despise that guy. I mean, it’s so obvious. Yoona was just doing Jessica a favor by saying that she’s her girlfriend.”

 

Seohyun instantly felt at ease. That did sound like something that Yoona would do. That was how protective the girl could be towards her friends. But then again, she couldn’t be too sure. “So, they are not really together?”

 

Both girls shrugged their shoulders. “Who knows?”

 

“But I want them to be together!!” Sunny whined. “They should totally be a couple. It fits them perfectly! You’re with me, right Seohyun?

 

Seohyun could only give a blank stare to the shorter girl. “Um, y-yeah.”

 

 

*****

 

 

[School’s Track Field]

 

 

“Is he still there?”

 

Jessica took a peek at the field. Yup, Taecyeon was there; training with his team members as he occasionally stole a look at them. “Yeah.”

 

“Good.” Yoona smiled and instantly rested her head on Jessica’s lap.

 

“How long are we going to keep this up, by the way?” The blonde naturally played with the strings of the deer’s hair.

 

“Until he stops bothering you.”

 

“Yoona, don’t you think he will do just that after what you told him yesterday?”

 

“A player like him never stops, Sica.”

 

Jessica simply nodded. “Okay, let just say that he eventually stops bothering me. Then what?”

 

“What do you mean?” Yoona slowly sat up and faced the latter.

 

“I mean,” She was hesitated to hear the answer. “Are we going to ‘break up’?”

 

 

Yoona did not expect that, to be honest. When she claimed that Jessica was hers, she wasn’t really kidding about it. There was something inside her that didn’t want the blonde to become somebody else’s. Was she being selfish for wanting Jessica all to herself?

 

Whenever she’s with Jessica, Yoona would have a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. Still, she was not that dense. How could she? The deer knew that it was not just a sense of pure admiration. It was more than that. Could it be…love?

 

But that’s the thing. Yoona was scared. She had been in love with one person too much that she was afraid to get to that place again. What if it’s too soon? What if it doesn’t work out? What if…What if she’s not the one?

 

 

“Uh…I haven’t thought about that actually.”

 

Jessica was a bit stunned by that reply. She was so sure that it would just be a simple ‘Yes’. “Oh.”

 

“I mean, don’t you think that people will find it weird if we break up right when he stops chasing after you?”

 

“So…” Jessica was definitely confused on where thing were going. “What are you saying?”

 

The blonde was not the only one. “Um…”

 

 

For all that happened, Jessica knew that Yoona was just being a good friend. However, there was still a part of her that wanted Yoona to give them a chance. To give her the chance to fill the void inside the deer’s heart. To make her forget the girl that shattered it into pieces.

 

Jessica wanted to be the one who could make her happy again.

 

 

“M-Maybe we should let this be a little longer.”

 

It was a good start. “Aah.” Jessica couldn’t help but to smile to herself. “So, we’re a fake couple now?”

 

Fake or not, the word ‘couple’ made Yoona grinned all of a sudden. “You can say that.”

 

With that, Jessica gradually held Yoona’s hand and entangled it in between her fingers. She looked up to meet the charming doe eyes and flashed a tender beam. “Hi, girlfriend.”

 

Girlfriend. Yoona liked the sound of that~

 

 

_____*_____

 

 

[School’s Canteen]

 

 

“Guess who?”

 

Seohyun’s body stiffened a little when a pair of hands wrapped her eyes from behind. However, she knew exactly who it was after a moment. “Hey.”

 

Yuri let her girlfriend uncovered her hands as she took the seat beside her. “You never answer me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter