9: Move

Faded But Not Gone

move.

"hoseok, get out of my way."

"I know you're upset." hoseok was holding his arms out, prepared to pushed taehyung back or hold him where he was. "I know, v, but you need to calm down. seokjin is desperate. besides, we'd never let jungkook get hurt. ever! he'd always be our first priority."

"first priority my , hoseok. jin doesn't give a whether jungkook is safe or not, he just wants money. he's just like everybody else!" taehyung's fists clenched, and he had a deep urge to punch hoseok for no reason.

"move." taehyung said, hiding his clenched fists behind his thighs. "I won't hurt him, okay? I'm just going to talk to him."

hoseok hesitated. he reached out and patted taehyung down, most likely looking for weapons. when he came up clear, he stepped out of the way. calm and collected, taehyung stepped into seokjin's office.

"you are ing dead, kim seok jin." taehyung said as soon as the door behind him was shut. he stormed forward and slammed his hands down on the desk. his face was close to seokjin's, too close, but taehyung didn't back away. "who do you think you are, trying to pull jungkook into a life like that? I would kill you, yoongi, and jimin before I let anybody take jungkook away from me."

"if he's were with us he'll be quite close to you, actually." seokjin said calmly. he stood and walked around the desk. taehyung straightened up and turned his body, following seokjin with his gaze. seokjin smiled at him, almost mocking. "he won't be hurt. didn't hoseok tell you we'd do anything to protect him?"

"you're just like everybody else." taehyung sneered, backing towards the door. he no longer trusted himself to be in the same room as seokjin without killing the older man. "all you want is money. it's all about money in your world, isn't it?"

"if I was like everybody else, I'd be sticking my in anything that doesn't want it, wouldn't I?" seokjin stepped closer; taehyung pushed himself back against the door. he searched for the knob, told himself to hurry up and get out, but seokjin was already crowding him, his hands on taehyung's stomach. "wouldn't I?"

"get away from me." taehyung kneed seokjin in the crotch. the older man doubled over, backing off of taehyung, and taehyung spun around, yanking the door open as he did. peeking back into the office quickly, he sneered, "and stay away from jungkook."

"are you okay?" hoseok appeared right next to taehyung as soon as the younger boy was out of the room. "I heard what you guys said- did he hurt you? are you okay?"

"don't touch me." taehyung said, pushing hoseok's hands away. his heart was still beating a little bit too hard from the encounter in seokjin's room. why had he done that? seokjin had never been like that before. taehyung glanced at his best friend. "move. please."

hoseok was too close to him. the older boy seemed to sense that, because he stepped away. taehyung didn't bother to say anything else; he left the building quickly and jogged to the house he had been considering home.