4: Snowflake

Faded But Not Gone

snowflake.

it began to snow the next morning at around 7:00. taehyung hadn't slept, but his someone had. he woke his someone up at 8:00, when it had stopped snowing and the wind had settled. his someone hopped up immediately, grabbing his winter things and jogging outside. taehyung didn't change. he put on some boots and joined his someone on the porch.

"maybe I should start calling you snowflake. you are what you eat, yeah?" taehyung said to his someone, chuckling as the boy looked up at him with snow on his mouth. he sat down next to the boy and wiped the snow off of his lips. he flicked it away before it could melt on his fingers.

"why?" his someone asked, his lips. "can't you just call me by my name like a normal person?"

"no. you're my someone." taehyung said, lacing his fingers through the younger boy's. he smiled as the boy continued eating the clean snow from the pile of it on their porch steps. it was unsanitary, and taehyung was afraid he might get sick, but that was just another excuse to stay home right? and, as much as he wanted his someone to stay healthy, taehyung kind of needed that.

"why am I your someone? I'm your best friend." his someone said, raising an eyebrow.

"you're just mine." taehyung said, pulling his someone close. he nuzzled his nose in the boy's neck, leaving peck after peck on the soft skin under his lips. his someone kept giggling, the sound muffled by snow. his someone enjoyed skinship, something that benefited taehyung greatly. it was a lot more than just skinship for taehyung.

"okay." his someone said through a mouthful of snow melting into cold water. taehyung watched him pick up more snow, fascinated. how is it that someone in a world like theirs could be so pretty? so pure? pure, pure, pure. he guessed that was just who his someone was.

"but you can be my snowflake, too. if you want." taehyung said as if the boy had asked to be called that. taehyung thought snowflake suited him, not only because he loved eating snow, but because he was delicate, pretty, and unlike anyone else.

"might as well be." his someone said, shrugging nonchalantly. he missed a beat as he more snow into his mouth, but his words had the same effect on taehyung either way, "I'm already yours."

taehyung's heart skipped a beat, and he swore this moment was the best of his recent life. then his phone began to ring.