16: Thanks

Faded But Not Gone

thanks.

"you're a life-saver." taehyung said the next fateful heist's morning. hoseok was standing in front of him with three coffees in hand- one for himself, one for taehyung, and one for yoongi, who was on taehyung's left. jungkook was sitting between taehyung's thighs with a foamy hot chocolate cup giving slightly underneath his fingers. (taehyung hoped he didn't break it and burn himself.)

"no problem." hoseok said as he was passing a coffee off to taehyung. it was strong, and it barely tasted like the creamer that was put in it, but that was perfectly fine; taehyung preferred his coffee this way, especially on a stressful day. he wanted to taste himself waking up, relieving stress. it felt so much better that way.

"we have a heist today, jungkook." hoseok said softly as he was sitting down across from him and taehyung. hoseok was another person that could sooth jungkook, just not as easy as yoongi and taehyung. "it's not a really big heist, nothing too important. there will be some people, and they'll have guns, but you'll have a gun, too, and we'll all cover you-"

"thanks." jungkook said, cutting hoseok off. hoseok tilted his head, and jungkook looked up. "thanks for trying to make me feel better. it's not working, but you- you tried. thank you."

"sorry, jungkook." hoseok said. he tapped on the edge of his coffee cup, crossing one arm over the other. "jin is such an . he won't even tell us why he wanted to recruit you so bad; we're not in any need and he just- he probably just wants to see taehyung upset, you mean so much to him."

"he wants to see me upset, I think." jungkook whispered. taehyung was the only one who heard him.

"what?" taehyung asked, quiet. jungkook just shook his head.

"it won't be that bad, I promise." hoseok said, reaching his left hand across the table to ghost over jungkook's fingers. jungkook let one of his palms slip into hoseok's hand, and hoseok gave him a warm smile. "we'll make sure you go in at the same time as taehyung, and we'll make sure you're always with him and yoongi. you won't get hurt."

"we'll take care of you." taehyung whispered into the back of jungkook's neck, and jungkook nodded, to both hoseok and taehyung.

"thanks."