10: Silver

Faded But Not Gone

silver.

"they're going to have lots." namjoon was muttering to himself again, something he always did if he ever had a gun in his hand- with the exception that there were enemies around. but for now, the boys were piled into the van, waiting to steal.

"stay close to us," taehyung said, ignoring the nervous rambling of namjoon. he grabbed a pocket knife and tucked it into jungkook's front pocket. jungkook looked terrified, but he was still smiling, still being his cute little self. (taehyung wondered how he did it.)

"don't talk to anyone else, okay?" taehyung said. "in fact, if you see anyone else, hide- run away. you can only trust us. got it? jimin, hope, jin, namjoon, and yoongi. that's it."

"and you," jungkook said quietly.

"and me," taehyung agreed. he took a deep breath. he reached behind him and pulled a pistol from the secret-type glove compartment in the side of the car. he placed it in jungkook's hands. "you remember how to fire a gun, right?"

"wouldn't forget," jungkook whispered. taehyung wished he could kiss him, because jungkook looked so scared and sounded so quiet and all he wanted to do was reassure the boy. but there was no way he could do it, because he was panicking himself, and he was much too tense for a proper hug. so he kissed jungkook's cheek, because he figured that was close enough to his lips and far enough from invading his space that it would satisfy the both of them.

"so, uh," jungkook spoke a little bit louder, his intention aiming at gaining everyone's attention. "what is it that we're l-looking for?"

"mostly silver," jin answered, cocking his gun. taehyung really didn't trust him with that thing. no matter how skilled he was with guns, it was still much too close to jungkook for taehyung to feel comfortable. (he scoot himself to be sitting between his someone and jin, just in case.)

"we heard there was lots of silver in the building." yoongi spoke up. taehyung could see jungkook's shoulders drop slightly, because to jungkook, yoongi was one of the most comforting people ever. either first or second to taehyung. (taehyung didn't actually know.)

"anything that we can shove in our bags that looks valuable, take it." hoseok said. he tossed taehyung and jungkook each a bag. "move quick, too. we don't know how many people are in there."

"what? I-I thought there wasn't anyone." jungkook said, his eyes widening.

"just in case, snowflake." taehyung whispered. jungkook's shoulders dropped a little bit more.