18th Birthday

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's P.O.V.

 

How many years was it? Ah... Two years. Two years of love and smiles, and some frowns.

 

After the first day of Luhan and Dara started dating, everything was stable, wonderful, fun, and all. Of course, what is a relationship without a fight? They did fight. They fought about the little things that turns silly in the end. Like when the teasing were too much that they would suddenly go cold but then would crack a little smile when one of them does aegyo to be forgiven, the time when they didn't want to share their food or they secretly steal one from each others plate and complain, but were all eaten by both of them. 

 

But they were times when things got serious. On that day, they were having a little supper in the kitchen, and Tablo came out of nowhere then exits right away, they thought that Tablo saw them doing what they shouldn't be doing, meaning kissing, Luhan was worried and felt guilty about lying to someone that he respects. He ask if their relationship can take a little break, but Dara refuses. The conversation suddenly went downhill when Dara questioned him if he doesn't love her like he used to, or has he thought that she wasn't use his time anymore.

 

But after a few days, they release their feelings. They decided to keep the relationship but they had to tone it down a little. So, usual dates inside the house was forbidden. Many things happened, such as Luhan going to college and helping her dad's company, Dara was doing great in her education,and will be graduating in a few months. 

 

Now is a special day.

 

Dara skipped along the hall wearing her usual, beautiful smile. She was excited for the day since it was the day of her birth, November 12, but this time, it was her coming of age.

 

"Happy Birthday my baby girl!" Tablo cheered when he saw her coming down the stairs. 

 

"Appa! Thank you!" she ran and hugged him.

 

"Eat a lot to have full energy for school today!" he said, "By the way, Dara, what do you want to do for your sweet 18 birthday?"

 

"Appa, I thought you already planned it."

 

"I already did, and they are bringing the materials. When you come back, you'll  see your beautiful birthday dress. I'm just making sure that you don't want any changes." he said, assuring her that everything will be alright. 

 

"Thank you appa!" she got up her seat and gave him a lovingly hug.

 

After breakfast, her maids and butlers greeted her happy birthday on the way out. 

 

"Happy birthday Dara, and have a good day! All the best for you!" the staff said, "And also your future husband." In Na added, referring to Luhan, quietly for only Dara to hear.

 

"In Na-unnie!" she blushed due to the teasing of her maid. She brushed it off, and waved goodbye.

 

At school, everyone greeted her happy birthday. She was basically everyone's friend because of her kindness and outgoing personality.  Her locker was flooded with letters and cards, as well as her desk over flowed with presents. 

 

"Dara-sunbenim is so famous, look at all the gifts!" the younger students passing by the hall complemented how popular she was.

 

"Dara-yah, who will be you for tonight?" her classmate/best friend, Yoona ask.

 

On Dara's mind, of course she would immediately answer Luhan, but for the first time, a sudden feeling of hesitation came, and a feeling of humiliation and embarrassment if they knew who Luhan was a worker from her place.

 

"Oh... I don't know." she lied, forcing a smile.

 

"Donghae-oppa would be good!" Yoona suggested. Since she was close with his group of friend, she can easily hooked them up.

 

"No!" Dara shouted.

 

"Dara-yah, why?" Yoona, clueless of why she strongly disagree with her choice. 

 

"Remember what happened when he approached me last time?" she said while face-palming.

 

"Oh!" she finally got how why she reacted to that.

 

Lee Donghae, the man that was courting Dara for 4 years, ever since the starting of middle school. The last time that Donghae talked to her was 2 years ago, the time where he was beat to the ground by Luhan. After the threat of Luhan, Donghae stopped showing feelings for Dara because he will only end up with the usual cruel ending of a one-sided love. Luhan never knew about Dara' situation with Donghae nor the flirting acts of Donghae towards Dara when he was still attending school there.

 

Donghae was actually close to Dara at first. Dara was naive and still is. She didn't know that Donghae was flirting with her the whole time. Donghae was quite a shy lamb at first, he never approached her if Luhan was with her or even around where they can be seen, that is why Luhan knew nothing about it. Donghae was also patient, only after Luhan left, that was the time where he showed more feelings towards her, but as he started with his true self, Dara kept pushing him, she always say that she wanted the old Donghae back, but she didn't know that that was the real him. 

 

When he tried talking to her and taking her to a place more private but she resisted, his emotions overcome him and he hurt her. That was where Luhan suddenly jumped out and left him with bruises, but the pain on his body wasn't enough to be compared to the pain in his heart. He already knew, Dara loves Luhan. That was the day he decided to end the hopeless one-sided love.

 

"But you know, past is past. Why don't you give him another try? Besides, you had something." Yoona ask.

 

"Maybe." she shrugged.

 

"Yehey! Then let's go to his class right now!" Yoona jumped out of joy and was about to dragged her to Donghae's classroom. 

 

"Mrs. Im! Mrs. Park! Where do you think you are going?!" their homeroom teacher was just in front of the entrance.

 

Yoona sulked while going back to her seat, while Dara mentally thanked her homeroom teacher from stopping  both of them going to Donghae's classroom. 

 

After her morning classes ended, lunch came and that is where both girls will go to Donghae. Arriving in front of Donghae's classroom, Dara couldn't move a single step. 

 

"Bwoyah?! Dara-yah! We are already here, and now you are hesitating!"

 

"Yoona, I can't." 

 

"Let's go!" Yoona pulled her. As much as Dara resisted, with that small body and how strong Yoona is, she stand no chance.

 

"Annyeong!" Yoona said happily.

 

"Annyeong." Dara said quietly, hiding behind Yoona. 

 

"Oh Yoona! And Sandara Park-shi!" Heechul, one of Donghae's friend said with shock, as well as his other friends. 

 

Upon hearing Dara's name, Donghae froze from his seat. He couldn't face her. His friends smiled and bowed awkwardly to her since they know what happened between them. 

 

"So, why are you here?" Eunhyuk ask with a menacing look given to Dara. 

 

Eunhyuk is Donghae's best friend, well, all of them were, but out of all of them, Eunhyuk was the closest. He was that friend where he could murder anyone for him, and Dara was on his list since Donghae always came to him to release all of his feelings, including that time where he cried his heart out because of Dara. He always got his back. 

 

"Eunhyuk-oppa, you don't need to be mean on Dara." Yoona scolded him.

 

"You know what she did to Donghae!" he defended.

 

"She's that b*tch that hurt Donghae because of her stupidity!" he continued.

 

"Eunhyuk enough!" Donghae got up from his seat and shouted at him. 

 

"Donghae, what are you doing?! She hurt you!" he argued.

 

Donghae didn't answered and Eunhyuk left because he couldn't look at his best friend's face because of his huge disappointed to him. 

 

"I'm sorry because of Eunh-"

 

"No. I'm the one that is sorry. I apologized because I ended up making trouble. I'll go now to not make any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter