Chapter 9

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy New Year, Everyone!! ^^ May 2015 be a better year for everyone~
And Happy Birthday to dear Sungmin! 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin followed his alpha quietly into the house, placing his shoes back in the same position in the shoe cabinet he had found them earlier that morning. He picked up his canvas bag, which he had taken from Kyuhyun, although the latter stuck through his gentlemen behavior and carried it off the car.

As he wondered whether he should place his stuff in Kyuhyun’s bedroom, his alpha walked out of the kitchen, downing a glass of water. He couldn’t help staring at the exposed neck and the movement of the Adam’s apple as Kyuhyun swallowed.

Sungmin averted his gaze quickly as his alpha’s eyes fell on him, catching him staring.

“If you’re thirsty, get water from the kitchen yourself.” Kyuhyun said with a tinge of amusement.

Sungmin nibbled on his lower lip nervously, deciding on keeping quiet instead.

Kyuhyun disappeared into the kitchen, before reappearing with the glass no longer in his hand. “Why are you still standing there?”

“I… Where do I put my stuff?” Sungmin asked hesitantly. 

“Follow me.”

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun pushed open the door and a familiar scent rushed out of the room. It was the same scent Sungmin found similar to his own – Ryeowook’s.

 

Kyuhyun flicked on the lights, revealing the light purple walls. The bed sheets were a darker shade of purple, and so were the curtains. Sungmin was almost surprised to find that the rest of the furniture – the dressing table, chair and closet – weren’t of the colour, purple.

“This used to be the guest room that Ryeowook uses when he stays over, but you can have the room from now on.” Kyuhyun walked over to the door on the other side of the room, turning the knob. “There’s an attached bathroom too.”

 

Sungmin’s grip around his bag straps tightened as he took a step into the room. Instead of anger and jealousy, disappointment washed over him. He observed the clean room, as he stood awkwardly beside the closet.

“Did he… like purple?” The question slipped out of his mouth. It was likely that Ryeowook decided the purple layout, because Kyuhyun’s house, at least the parts Sungmin had seen, were monochromatic.

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun closed the door to the bathroom. “You can unpack and come down later. I’ll order take-out for dinner.”

Sungmin considered for a moment to offer cooking dinner, but the lethargy pushed him towards giving a simple nod. It was only a few seconds later that he realized Kyuhyun was staring at him with an incomprehensible expression.

 

A flicker of fear ran through as it registered in him that he hasn’t been addressing his alpha as ‘Master’ politely. Swiftly bowing, he fixed his reply, “Yes, Master.”

 

He held his position, waiting for his alpha to reprimand him, but the response he got was the sound of the door closing. He straightened himself, turning to see the closed door with his alpha no longer in the room.

 

 

 

Finally alone, Sungmin collapsed to the floor, head hanging low. Every breath he inhaled reminded him of the existence of Ryeowook, that his alpha probably preferred Ryeowook to him. Ryeowook once had a place in Kyuhyun’s house, on Kyuhyun’s side, even in Kyuhyun’s heart.

On the other hand, he was nothing, but a randomly picked up omega, or even an accident to his alpha. He was going to be a servant, or rather, a pet to Kyuhyun, exactly how society dictates their statuses, if Kyuhyun even decides to keep him for long. He will forever be seeking for Kyuhyun’s love and attention, with the possibility that he would never be loved back.

Yet, he didn’t have a choice. Returning to the orphanage was no longer possible. He had promised his director that he would live well with Kyuhyun; so running away wasn’t an option either. He didn’t want to disappoint his director, who essentially gave him his life.

But with everything that happened in these two days and having to separate from the people he called family, he felt so tired. He didn’t seem to have the strength anymore to get jealous with the mention of Ryeowook, instead letting the disappointment suffocate him.

 

As he inhaled the air filled with Ryeowook’s scent again, he felt as though he was just a convenient replacement to his alpha. The similarity in their scents, being given Ryeowook’s room and taking Ryeowook’s place beside Kyuhyun. Did Kyuhyun claim him because Ryeowook was claimed? Sungmin didn’t know, but he thought he shouldn’t be surprised if it was so.

 

He had seen it – the affection in Kyuhyun’s eyes when he was talking to Ryeowook.

 

But Ryeowook belonged to Jongwoon, and he was the one that belonged to Kyuhyun now.

 

Trust him, his director had repeatedly told him. He knew he should, because he was Kyuhyun’s omega, Ryeowook wasn’t.

 

Trust him. I need to trust him.

 

Sungmin took in a deep breath, clutching his shirt.

 

Trust him, Lee Sungmin. You can’t give up now.

 

He wiped away the tears that had silently escaped and pulled himself up from the floor. Striding towards the curtains, he drew them and opened the windows to let the scent escape.

 

He was going to replace the room with his own scent. And he was going to replace Ryeowook in Kyuhyun’s heart.

 

If Kyuhyun wanted a perfect replacement of Ryeowook, Sungmin would never give it to him.

 

But he would be the perfect omega – an irreplaceable one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin set his pencil in the middle of his textbook to mark the page, closing the textbook and placing it neatly on top of the stack of books. He had taken a shower after unpacking and decided to catch up on some of the missed lessons while waiting for the delivery.

The doorbell finally rung a few moments ago, and Sungmin rushed out of his room and down the staircase. However, his alpha was already at the door, making payment for the food. He bowed politely at the deliveryman as Kyuhyun thanked the man, sending him away.

 

“I’ll prepare the food, Master.” Sungmin took the bag of food and moved towards the kitchen immediately, ignoring the surprised look on Kyuhyun’s face.

He split the jajangmyeon into two bowls, pouring the sauce carefully over them. Setting the takeout containers at one side to clear later, he grabbed two pairs of chopsticks, before carefully making his way to the dining room with the food.

 

Kyuhyun watched him curiously from his seat as he walked over, placing the bowl of noodles before his alpha and setting the chopsticks on the bowl. He moved opposite the table, taking the seat directly across his alpha.

“Can we start eating, Master?” Sungmin asked politely, adding a tiny smile on his face. If Kyuhyun wanted him good and submissive, he would do it.

Kyuhyun hummed in response, tucking into his bowl of noodles.

Sungmin picked up his chopsticks, digging into his food. His alpha didn’t say much to his sudden change in attitude, but at least it started out fine.

 

“There’s a party I need to attend tomorrow evening, you’re coming with me.”

Sungmin looked up, but Kyuhyun wasn’t looking at him at all. “Yes, Master.”

“We are leaving after breakfast to get you clothes for the party,” Kyuhyun added.

Sungmin was about to say that he had enough clothes when he realized that the party Kyuhyun meant was a high-class social event that would require them to be well dressed. He definitely needed smarter attires than the t-shirts and jeans that filled his closet. “Yes, Master.”

 

The rest of dinner was done in silence, till Kyuhyun set his chopsticks down. Sungmin had unknowingly gobbled down his food, although he wasn’t that hungry because his alpha had ordered him to finish his lunch in the afternoon.

“Thank you for the meal, Master. I’ll clean the dishes.” Sungmin stood up and gathered the bowls.

“Just leave it in the sink. The housekeeper will be here tomorrow morning.” Kyuhyun said, leaving the room without waiting for a reply.

 

Determined to impress, Sungmin did the dishes anyway, including those in the sink.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter