Chapter 14

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :)

 

 

 

 

Sungmin followed his alpha silently into school, occasionally smiling back at his friends who waved to him. Nobody dared to approach him with Kyuhyun around, but at least some of his friends still acknowledged him by waving.

Walking towards the corridor where their lockers were situated, Sungmin found a crowd gathered in a semi-circle. He wandered away from his alpha who was retrieving things from his locker, looking over another student’s shoulder to check what was happening, although he was sure a crowd couldn’t mean anything too nice.

His heart thumped at the sight of a fellow omega kneeling at the feet of an alpha. He knew the omega – Minho, whom he had talked to a few times before. However, the alpha didn’t appear to be from their school, despite the same uniform he was wearing. It was probably another transfer student.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Changmin-ssi,” Minho apologized with his head bowed.

 

When the alpha pushed Minho’s face up, Sungmin tried to break through the crowd, only to be stopped by a hand.

 

“What are you doing?” His alpha asked. “Playing hero again?”

“Master! I know him—I can’t just see him in trouble and leave him there.” Sungmin attempted to free his wrist, but Kyuhyun flung him around, grabbing his other wrist and trapping his hands before him from the back.

“How do you know that he’s in trouble?” Kyuhyun whispered beside his ear. Sungmin froze momentarily, forgetting the scene before him as he felt Kyuhyun’s body against his back. “You have to stop being so impulsive. Watch.”

 

 

“Mmh, remember you’re mine starting from last night. If anyone touches you again, you’re not going to get away easily too. Understand, Minho?”

At Minho’s vehement nod, the alpha reached for the bag on the floor, pulling out an omega collar. Fitting it around Minho’s neck, the alpha bent over, cupping Minho’s face and giving him a passionate kiss.

 

Then it dawned upon Sungmin.

Minho was claimed by the alpha last night and the later was simply showing off to the school that he owned Minho now to keep others away. It was common for alphas to display their omegas at school on the first morning and this was done in a variety of ways. Sungmin initially thought that he could have skipped such a thing because his alpha was in another school, but his first morning turned out to be one of the worst out of all the claimed omegas. The lucky ones, like Minho, simply got a verbal warning not to get into any trouble, followed by a kiss or some display of affection, while his was a pain he would never forget.

 

“See, it wasn’t trouble.” Kyuhyun released his wrists, walking over to the alpha and Minho as the crowd dispersed.

 

 

“Kissing right in the corridor on the first day you transferred over. Am I supposed to be surprised you’re not having with him here?” Kyuhyun crossed his arms, stopping in front of the alpha.

“Kyuhyun!” The alpha beamed, wrapping Kyuhyun in a hug. “Why? Are you jealous? You can kiss your own omega too.”

 

Their greetings explained his alpha’s confidence that the alpha wouldn’t do anything. They knew each other.

 

“Minho, meet Kyuhyun. He’s my leader in the Youth Council.” The alpha pulled his omega up from the ground.

“Nice to meet you, Kyuhyun-ssi.” Minho smiled politely.

“Me too.” Kyuhyun replied, then turning around to look at Sungmin. “Sungmin, come here.”

 

Hearing his alpha calling him, Sungmin strode over quickly, keeping his head bowed.

 

“I’m sure our omegas know each other,” Kyuhyun said, before addressing Sungmin. “This is Changmin.”

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, Changmin-ssi.” Sungmin muttered softly, his mind still stuck over the recollection of his first morning.

“Sungmin, is it?”

Sungmin nodded without looking at the alpha.

 

“He’s a cute one, Kyuhyun.” Changmin prodded Kyuhyun with his elbow.

“Until he decides to fight. You should hear from your omega those things he used to do.” Kyuhun replied, and Sungmin found himself feeling ashamed that he had almost repeated ‘those things’ just a few moments ago.

 

“It can’t be that bad right, Minho?”

“Sungmin’s… He has helped fellow omegas a lot,” Minho said, glancing at Sungmin.

“Sounds like an interesting one.” Changmin paused, scrutinizing Sungmin again. “I bet having him around is lots of fun.”

 

“You wouldn’t want to know,” His alpha said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin spent his afternoon in one of the meeting rooms in the headquarters of the Youth Council, because his alpha didn’t allow him to stay back in the school library to study when none of them were around.

According to his alpha, the arrangement was only temporary for this week, as they were in the midst of applying for a room in school for their weekly meetings. Along with the six bodyguards, Jongwoon and Changmin, there were two other alphas, Junsu and Yoochun, who made up their ten-membered team led by his alpha. Since most of them had transferred to Sungmin’s school, the following meetings would be held there.

 

Sungmin flipped another page of his History textbook, stealing a glance at his alpha and the team. They were preparing a report that Sungmin didn’t understand, but he doubted the suitability of his presence in the same room as the team was working on something serious. However, his alpha was the one who led him in and after meeting Junsu and Yoochun, sat him in a corner to do his studying. At least he didn’t have to deal with Ryeowook or Minho since their alphas didn’t bring them here.  

Sungmin turned back to his textbook, trying to regain his focus on the lengthy amounts of text before him. His alpha had told him before the team meeting that he should score an ‘A’ for all subjects in the upcoming tests, which Sungmin had little confidence of achieving. He did fine in languages and subjects that required memory work like History, but struggled at those that required calculations like Physics and Mathematics. His alpha seemed to know his weaker subjects and told him explicitly to work on Physics and Mathematics, but still cut him no slack and wanted him to do well in all subjects. He had worked on multiple Physics questions before he got bored and whipped out his History textbook.

 

 

“Sungmin, you want anything to drink?” Yoseob asked, striding over to him. “We probably have about an hour more to go.”

 

Sungmin looked up at the clock hanging on the wall. It was five-thirty, three and a half hours since they arrived here.

“Let me get the drinks for you all then,” Sungmin offered, closing his textbook and getting out of his seat.

 

“No, it’s fine, Dongwoon’s helping me get them together. Kyuhyun wouldn’t let you out anyway. You might bump into other alphas outside.”

“Oh.” His alpha kept him here for a reason.

“So what do you want to drink?”

“Anything will do, thank you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four days of lessons sitting beside his alpha and Sungmin understood why Jinhee said that his alpha had always been the son his father was proud of. Other than being rich and handsome, Kyuhyun did well in sports, politics, as well as studies. His alpha had managed every question the teachers had thrown at him, despite some of them testing on the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter