Chapter 31

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: It would be nice if you all can listen to 'Don't Leave Me' by Super Junior while reading the first half of this chapter. 

Also, praying for this world. May everything get better, and everyone to always be safe. 
 

 

 

 

The scent of blood was replaced with the pungent smell of sterilizing chemicals, while the taste of blood and silver on his tongue was overtaken by the uncomfortable dryness plaguing his mouth. His eyes, though closed, were protesting in burning pain as though they had been opened for a period too long. He could hardly feel the rest of his body, though he could hear the steady sound of his heartbeat, amplified by the medical monitor, which reminded him of the weakening sound of Ryeowook’s heartbeat…

 

Sungmin’s eyes shot open.

 

The ceiling was white. The curtains were a light beige. The tracings on the display monitor were green.

 

And as his eyes landed on a particular person to his left, the slight turn of his head brought his neck to cold contact with metal.

 

His alpha. His collar.

 

The mix of pain from the memories and yet relief from the omega collar still hanging around his neck confused him. He wanted to shut his eyes in an attempt to shut out everything, but at that moment, his alpha’s eyes shifted from the windows to him.

 

The deep brown eyes widened slightly at him… and time stood still.

 

 

“You will do.”

“Your name is Lee Sungmin, right?”

“You need to learn how to behave.”

“Behave yourself and stick close to me.”

“What’s rule number three, Sungmin?”

“Then I’m… glad that you’re my omega.”

“Do not hesitate even if it’s an alpha, even if it means I have to punish you later.”

“You seem like a strong believer in soulmates, Sungmin.”

“Goodnight, Sungmin.”

“Give me a reason why I shouldn’t punish you further.”

“Apologise, Sungmin.”

“Your body is mine. You’re mine.”

“Why did I bother trying?”

 

 

 

“You’re awake,” his alpha broke the silence, though the eye contact continued. He stared, and suddenly as though his alpha was shifting, saw the pair of intense eyes transforming into a raging true blue that belonged to the white alpha. Holding back the whimper as fear overwhelmed him, Sungmin turned away, only to find his movement impeded by a bulky object on his collar.

 

The padlock was still there.

 

“I’ll… I’ll get the doctor.” He heard Kyuhyun say, and as he turned back, caught the fleeting back view of the alpha leaving the room.

 

The familiar sight clenched his stomach so tight he thought he was going to be sick. However, what came was the pounding pain at his chest again, reminding him that Kyuhyun was no longer his alpha.

 

He shouldn’t be holding empty hopes about the omega collar being still on his neck – the alpha most likely just couldn’t get hold of the key to the padlock.

He shouldn’t be holding empty hopes about waking up to the familiar scent sitting by his bedside – the alpha was probably visiting him out of courtesy after he had saved Ryeowook.

He shouldn’t be holding empty hopes about the relieved expression he thought he had seen when their eyes first met – the alpha was probably just relieved that there was no need to feel indebted and come to the hospital to check on him anymore.

 

 

But he did. He held all the hopes even with the bond broken.

 

Why didn’t that part of him disappear with the bond?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

The doctor said he was going to be fine. He had simply ingested too much silver along with those embedded in his wound that had already closed. They pumped his stomach, and the nurses said he was fine and would be able to eat a full diet tomorrow. Doojoon and Yoseob, who entered with Kyuhyun to hear the doctor’s diagnosis, said they were utterly glad he was fine.

 

And after hearing from everyone, he thought he might be fine after all – if not for the hollowness in his chest that occasionally turned into a series of pounding pain.

 

Like how it was pulsing in his chest now, as the alpha held silent after Doojoon and Yoseob left the two of them alone in the room. The silence dragged past a minute, the air growing so thick Sungmin couldn’t stand it anymore.

 

“How is Ryeowook?” He asked, carefully shifting his gaze to meet the alpha’s brown eyes that narrowed.

 

“His condition is stable. He woke up earlier than you, last night.”

 

“That’s good,” Sungmin whispered, swallowing the thick lump in his throat.

 

“Are you feeling unwell anywhere?” The alpha asked, seemingly having no topic for conversation because the doctor and nurses had already asked him the same question.

 

“I’m fine,” he answered despite not believing in those two words himself, letting the meaningless conversation die again.

 

 

 

It was another minute before it was the alpha’s turn to break the silence.

 

“Well… You should rest then…” The alpha made an awkward gesture, getting up from his seat. “I’ll just leave—”

 

“I’m sorry, Master!” The words hanging on his lips blurted out without any filter. He flushed at the flat expression the alpha gave him, softly correcting himself. “I mean, I’m sorry… Kyuhyun…nim.”

 

“What for?” The cold tone amplified the pounding pain in his chest.

 

“I… should have told you that… I’m… a b-black omega…” He clenched his eyes tightly in fear, afraid to know what was going to come. However, curiosity took over, prompting him to open his eyes to the hard expression on the alpha’s face. His heart plunged to his stomach.


“So?”

 

Will you forgive me? He wanted to ask, but he didn’t deserve the forgiveness no matter how much he yearned for it. Instead, he apologized again. “I’m s-sorry…”

 

“If you want—”

 

He sat up abruptly on the bed, grasping the alpha’s hand. “P-Please… Don’t leave m-me.” He clenched his eyes shut again, throwing all pride and shame away and degrading to that shameless omega he was. “I know I don’t d-deserve it, but can you please let me stay by your side?” Sungmin opened his begging eyes and got up on his knees, tightening his hold when he felt the alpha trying to pull away. Afraid that this would be the end, he rambled on, refusing to let the alpha speak those words he didn’t want to hear. “Please! I’ll do anything, M-Master. You don’t even have to claim me back! I’ll be anything you want me to be. Just… just… let me s-stay…”

 

No matter how he tried to struggle, the alpha still untangled their hands, pushing his hands onto the blanket half-covering his thighs. He didn’t understand what the expression on the alpha’s face meant, but the actions were just confirming what he feared the most, and suddenly, the tears were trickling down his face, the heart shattering even if the pieces had yet to be put back in place. “I need time, Sungmin.”

 

The warm hands swept the tears off his face, the movement so familiar, yet it felt as though it would be the last time. “Give me time to think… I’m sorry.”

 

And then the warmth was leaving his face, the scent leaving his nose. He sat on his knees frozen, tears blurring his sight again as the door clicked close. He should have thought over what the alpha meant, but all he felt was the fear of losing the alpha again.

 

Sungmin threw the blanket away, scrambling out of bed. “P-Please—”

 

Finding no strength in his legs, he tumbled to the floor, a loud crash sounding as the IV stand smashed into t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter