Chapter 12

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey everyone. School has started again for me, so updates would slow down terribly to once every two weeks or so. I apologise in advance, and thank you for all the support and love for Claimed. Hope you all enjoy this chapter! 

 

 

 

Sungmin knocked his head in a futile attempt to stop the headache. He looked around blearily, taking moments to recognize that he was in his new bedroom with the purple walls. He had changed the bed sheets and curtains to new ones his alpha had given him, but the purple paint on the walls still reminded him that he was staying in the room that once belonged to Ryeowook.

He pulled himself up, noticing that he was dressed in his pajamas as the comforter slipped off him. Did he change his clothes on his own last night? Massaging the sides of his head, Sungmin tried to recall what happened the night before.

 

He remembered attending the party with his alpha, getting harassed by Siwon and meeting his alpha’s bodyguards. And he had gone to the bar with them and ended up playing a game with them.

One shot for one question. He remembered how Yoseob had said that line.

He also remembered the burning taste of the alcohol, the information he got about the businesses his alpha inherited and his alpha playing basketball, and something about him being hard to handle.

 

Everything else was a blank.

 

He couldn’t recall how he got out of the bar, how he got back home, and how he had changed his clothes and crawled into bed.

 

 

Giving up on the unsolved mystery, Sungmin pushed aside the comforter, moving his legs down the bed. He paused on his way to the bathroom, noticing the dish cover on his table. He plopped down on the chair, picking up the sticky note attached to the cover.

 

Heat it up if it’s no longer hot. Also, I saw your list of things required to be a good omega and drew up a revised set of rules for you. Memorise it.
I’ll be back before dinnertime. Behave.  

 

Sungmin raised his head, staring at the piece of paper pinned to his corkboard. The title was written at the top, right in the center, underlined – ‘Rules’.

 

And then Sungmin panicked.

He searched the books propped up on his table between his bookshelf holders, pulling his notebook out. Flipping to the page with the list his alpha talked about, he scanned the page for any marks. He scrutinized the following pages as well, looking thrice over the pages where he recorded facts about his alpha. There were no marks or corrections left by his alpha, but Sungmin was almost certain that his alpha had read everything.

Sungmin dropped his head on his book, face burning in embarrassment. What if his alpha found his list of facts stupid or inaccurate? Recording every detail of his alpha made him seem like such a stalker. And he was stupid in the first place to have written everything down, overseeing the possibility that his alpha might read it.

 

Pouting to himself, Sungmin lifted his head, studying the list of rules his alpha had written in his elegant handwriting.

 

 

 

Rules

 

In addition to the general rules an omega is to follow, the omega is to comply with the following rules:
 

1. The omega is to obey all orders of the alpha.

2. The omega is to address the alpha as ‘Master’ at all times.

 

 

Sungmin glanced at his book, wondering if his alpha was referring to all the ‘Kyuhyun’ he had written.

 

 

3. The omega is not to lie or hide anything from the alpha.  

 

 

Sungmin tensed up as he read the line. He needed to tell his alpha about his secret, somehow.

 

 

4. The omega is not allowed to leave the house without permission. All school activities should be made known to the alpha.

5. The omega is not allowed to travel alone without the alpha or a guardian appointed by the alpha.

6. The omega is not allowed to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages without permission.

 

 

Even with permission, Sungmin thought he would never touch alcohol again. Having a hangover felt terrible, even worse than how his friends had looked and described when he took care of them.

 

 

7. The omega is not allowed to do any cleaning in the house.

8. The omega is to carry himself well at social events.

9. The omega is to do well for academics, meeting the study goals that will be set by the alpha.

10. The omega is to show respect for everyone in his words and actions.

 

Failure to comply with any rule with result in punishment deemed appropriate by the alpha. Rules will be revised when necessary.

 

 

 

Sungmin reread the rules, running his fingers over the paper. The rules were written in generic terms and any little mistake could amount to a violation, especially Rule No. 10. It seemed as though his alpha had drafted the list so that his alpha could hold him responsible against anything wrong that he did. He had no doubt about it – Kyuhyun wanted him good and submissive, in everything, at every moment, and his alpha was determined to make sure of it.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~--~

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungmin sipped at the hangover soup he had reheated, wondering whether his alpha was angry with him for getting drunk. Although Junhyung had promised that he would explain to Kyuhyun that they were the ones who made him drink, and Kyuhyun didn’t mention anything in the short note, Sungmin couldn’t help being paranoid with the holes in his memory of last night. He had no idea what he did after he was drunk and whether he had upset his alpha.

Finishing his soup, he brought his bowl and spoon to the kitchen sink, turning on the tap. He paused, recalling that Rule No. 7 dictated that he was not allowed to do any cleaning. Was washing dishes considered cleaning? Not wanting to take any chances since his alpha might already be angry with him for last night, Sungmin turned off the tap, leaving the used crockery in the sink. 

 

Returning to his room, Sungmin threw himself down on bed, letting the memories run freely on his mind. Raising his left hand, he stared at the mark of their bond, tracing the two crosses on his wrist. The mark was like an indication that his life was no longer how it used to be, but he was beginning to think that this new life, this new Sungmin, wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be.

The previous Sungmin never bowed down to alphas because it would result in endless bullying, though protecting his friends attracted all the bullying to him. Despite the trouble, he had never abandoned his friends and kept them as safe as he could.

But even the toughest warrior needs his rest. Occassionally, when he was lying on the bed at night in the comfort of his own room, Sungmin felt tired. Those times were when he wished the most that he could find an alpha that would protect him and his friends.

 

And to some extent, his wish came true. Kyuhyun protected him more than once – the incident with Zhoumi, last night at the ballroom, even the first day despite the punishment. His alpha kept him safe from the other alphas that wanted to take advantage of him and his friends.

And for that, Sungmin was willing to be obedient, although it was partly because he didn’t have a choice. He was a claimed omega, an omega that belonged to a high social class alpha, and not to mention, one who was hiding a secret.

 

But he was willing, and he will give up the carefree life he led just a few days ago.

 

 

 

~

 

 

“Min!” Donghae burst into the classroom. “Onew’s in trouble!”

 

Sungmin stood up from his seat, ignoring the noise arising from the other classmates. “What? Where? Bring me to him!”

 

“Lee Sungmin, are you sure you want to get your involved again?” An alpha from his class standing by the door mocked. “You think you’re able to get away every single time hur?”

“ off, it’s none of your business!” Sungmin spat as he ran out of the door, following Donghae.

 

“Min! Wait for me!” Zhoumi shouted, chasing after his two friends, as he muttered under his breath, “Not again.”

 

 

When Sungmin arrived outside the dance room, Hyukjae was trying to negotiate with Yunho and Jaejoong, another two alphas from Siwon’s pack. Onew was kneeling on the floor beside them with Jaejoong’s hand on his head.

 

“Yunho-ssi, the records indicated clearly that Onew-ssi was the one who booked the dance room for this hour.” Hyukjae tried to reason, holding up his phone to show the online records.

“There must have been a mistake, Hyukjae-ssi. Jaejoong and I booked the room for this timeslot every week. You’re part of the dance production crew; you should know that the production is coming up soon and our group is short on time for our performance rehearsals.” Yunho said. “Besides, are you siding with an omega?”

“No,” Hyukjae said firmly, “I’m just stating the facts according to the records here.”

“You know, Siwon has been keeping an eye on you since you claimed your Western sea – oh wait, it’s Eastern sea.” Yunho faked a laugh, ignoring the glare from Hyukjae.

 

“Hyuk,” Donghae called out, moving to the side of his alpha.

“Oh no, we’re going to get flooded! The sea’s here!”

“Ha ha, very funny, Yunho-ssi.” Donghae said, wrapping his hand around Hyukjae’s wrist to prevent him from doing something.

 

“Yun, the leader of the omegas is here.” Jaejoong said with an amused face, throwing the attention to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin walked over, abandoning all formalities. “You all need the dance room for practice, right? Fine, go ahead, I’ll just leave with Onew and my friends.” He grabbed Onew’s arm to pull him up from the ground.

“Not so fast, leader.” Jaejoong shifted his hand to Onew’s nape, holding the omega in place. Onew let out a soft whimper at the nails biting into his skin. “This isn’t a simply a problem about the dance room.”

 

“Your cute friend here threw a water bottle on my head.” Jaejoong pouted, the supposed ‘sore’ spot on his head.

 

Sungmin squ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter