Chapter 10

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Another update in 24 hours as a gift for everyone on New Year/Sungmin's Birthday. (It passed twelve o'clock on my side, but it may still be the first of January for some of you.) 

I was too excited to see the response for this chapter because it's one of my favorites so far, so my apologies in advance if the next chapter takes a longer time. 

And my massive fic updates for the first of January ends with this chapter. xD Have fun! 

p.s. if you're interested in minkyu and revenge for omega Sungmin, I started another fic My Scammer, My Lover. xD

 

 

 

 

 

Regaining the original level of motivation was difficult after the ‘waking up’ incident, but Sungmin found being good and submissive almost effortless. The submissive nature was inherent and when he stopped thinking about what he wanted, following orders were simple, not to mention, relaxing. Relaxing, because the internal conflict between his submissive nature and his personality was gone.

And with more obedience, there were fewer chances for his alpha to lose his temper at him, which meant less fluctuation in his alpha’s mood and actions. Aside from the emotions that arise due to things related to Ryeowook, Sungmin found the confusion decreasing to a minimal level. It was easier to cope, when he decided to fight for his alpha’s affection, like what the bond pushed him towards, then fight against his fate.

He may be losing himself, but Sungmin didn’t find the change as repulsive as before. Even if he felt pathetic at the end of the day, he decided he would enjoy whatever attention and affection his alpha showered on him during the day.

And so, a smile appeared on Sungmin’s face as he observed Kyuhyun’s smile of satisfaction in the mirror. Then, his eyes moved towards his own reflection in the mirror and he almost gawked at his new appearance.

 

He didn’t appreciate his new hairstyle much when the hairdresser was done, because his original messy hair that was swept to the side was trimmed and styled in a way that the fringe fell over his forehead. It was similar to his alpha’s hairstyle, except Kyuhyun’s blond hair was of a longer length at the back, while the fringe was relatively even above the eyes. Sungmin’s new hairstyle has his fringe trimmed in a diagonal slant, making his straight black hair obstruct his left eye’s view half of the time. He found it irritating, but didn’t voice his opinion when Kyuhyun nodded in approval at the hairdresser.

But with the makeup done, Sungmin found his hairstyle much more appealing. The dark eyeliner gave him a dangerous, yet attractive look, and his left eye hidden behind his fringe threw in an element of mystery. The lip-gloss that the makeup artist forced upon him accentuated the alluring curvature of his lips, and with his naturally young face, he almost looked seductive.

 

“Satisfied, Mr. Cho?” The makeup artist, a beta, asked. “Sungmin-ssi originally has good looks; there wasn’t much for me to do.”

 

Everyone in the building, which Sungmin concluded was a department store that included a beauty salon providing hairstyling and makeup services, recognized and addressed Kyuhyun as Mr. Cho. His alpha probably frequented the place, and when Kyuhyun introduced him as his omega, Sungmin caught some jealous gazes, although most were of surprise. Regardless of the reactions, they treated him respectfully, even addressing him as ‘Mr. Lee’, which Sungmin asked them to call him by his name out of discomfort.

 

“Thank you,” Kyuhyun replied, before turning back to Sungmin. “Stand up, we’re going up.”

 

Sungmin silently followed Kyuhyun to the lift, forgoing the reply in front of the numerous pairs of eyes.

 

 

 

The lift brought them to the fifth floor, which the sign next to the floor button in the lift read as ‘Men’s Clothing’. Sungmin moved closer to Kyuhyun’s back as they made their way past the other shoppers, who were all staring at him curiously. Kyuhyun ignored the stares, only returning simple greetings to the few who actually greeted him. 

Looking down at his old clothes, Sungmin felt inferior amongst the elegantly dressed shoppers, whom many exuded auras of alphas. Although Kyuhyun was casually dressed, it didn’t provide any comfort to him because Kyuhyun’s clothes looked new and branded, while his only collared, long-sleeve shirt was of a faded blue.

 

Sungmin almost walked into Kyuhyun’s back when his alpha stopped in front of a counter, addressing the lady assistant.

“I would like to get new clothes for him.” Kyuhyun said, pointing a thumb towards him.

“Would it be formal or casual clothing, Mr. Cho?”

“Bring everything.”

“Yes, Mr. Cho. This way please.”

 

And the blind following started again, although it ended in a minute. Sungmin found himself in a private room with a velvet sofa in front of two doors. There were full-length mirrors standing beside the doors.

Kyuhyun sat down on the sofa, whipping out his phone to check for incoming notifications. Sungmin stood beside the sofa awkwardly, debating on whether he should ask his alpha what he needed to do.

The mental debate was uncalled for when the lady assistant returned with a measuring tape, asking for Sungmin to raise his arms. Sungmin did as told, allowing the assistant to take his measurements. He felt more comfortable with this lady assistant than with those at the salon, because she was a fellow omega. One minute after the lady thanked him and disappeared out of the door, more assistants appeared, pushing in trolleys after trolleys of assorted clothing.

 

“What clothing would you like to begin with, Mr…”

“Sungmin, call me Sungmin.”

“Sungmin-ssi.” The lady assistant smiled. “Do you want to try out the casual clothing first?”

“We will try the clothes by ourselves. Please return to your work, I’ll call you later when we’re done.” Kyuhyun stood up from the sofa, putting his phone back into his pocket. “Just bring me some suits for my size. I need a set for a party tonight.”

 

The lady assistant bowed and moved out of the room with the other assistants, returning with a single trolley of suits Kyuhyun requested after thirty seconds. They were finally left alone in the room with Kyuhyun thanking and dismissing the assistant. Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun browsed through the trolley of casual clothing, picking out some pieces and hanging them on an empty trolley.

 

“Try these.” Kyuhyun said, moving to another trolley.

Sungmin looked at the trolley with clothes picked out by Kyuhyun. “Here?”

“Where else?” Kyuhyun replied without halting his browsing.

 

Sungmin hesitantly took a pink polo shirt, along with dark coloured shorts. He scanned the room, deciding that one of the two doors should lead to a fitting room. Glad to find that he was right when he opened the door, he quickly proceeded to change with the thought that the trolley of clothes for him to try was piling up as each second passed.

 

 

It took two hours before they finally reached the formal clothing and Sungmin almost wanted to complain when he saw the trolleys of suits.

“We’re running out of time. Just change into these.” Kyuhyun passed him a plain white, long-sleeved, collared shirt, with a pair of black dress pants.

“Yes, Master.” Sungmin received the clothes, returning to the fitting room for what seemed like the hundredth time. How his alpha had the patience to do this was a wonder to Sungmin. He concluded that he learnt an additional fact about his alpha – Kyuhyun liked shopping and dressing up.

 

Tucking the shirt into his pants, Sungmin buckled the given belt, frowning at the two long straps attached to the belt loops at the back. He exited the fitting room, his brain sprouting many weird ideas of what he was supposed to do with the straps.

 

“You look good, Sungmin-ssi.”

 

Sungmin whipped his head up, widening his eyes at the lady assistant before him. The other assistants paused in the middle of pushing the trolleys out, bowing at him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter