Chapter Five - Bittersweet Realization

My Sunshine After The Rain
Chaeri POV
 
When the girls finally arrived at home from the club, they each went into their respective rooms. But as Chaeri was going to go to her room, she stopped by her sister's room first.
*knock* knock*
"Hold on...Ok come in!" Lexxi said as she was getting ready to go to sleep.
"Unnie?"
"Ye...Dongseng what's up?" Lexxi asked as she sat on her bed and patted the spot next to her to encourage her sister to sit with her.
"Nothing really, just came to say goodnight, " Chaeri said with a fake smile.
 
"Well, I just want to thank you for being so supportive of me. I mean, we're sisters, we are allowed to tell each other everything, right? 
"Right..." the youngest sister trailed off. Lexxi raised an eyebrow at her dongseng's behavior but continued talking.
"So it's been a while since you updated me with your relationship with Taecyeon oppa. How are you guys?"
Chaeri bit her lip then hesitantly replied, "We're... fine."
Lexxi gave a perplexed look at her sister's response."...That's it?"
Chaeri sighed and got up from her seat. She made her way towards her sisters desk and started playing around with the pencils. "Well, what else were you expecting?"
The eldest sister rolled her eyes. "Are you serious?" 
There was no response so Lexxi continued on, "You usually give me all the details. You tell me everything that you guys had done and you gush about your feelings and all that "lovey dovey" stuff that he does for you."
"Oh..."
Lexxi sighed, "Okay what is going on? What's wrong with you?"
Chaeri was trying to look for another way to avoid the question but she couldn't. 
"Well...." She turned around to look at her sister who had her arms crossed over her chest. She sighed and turned back around to continue playing with the pencils. She then proceeded to tell her story about the text he sent her and what happened at Starbucks.
"So he said he was faking his love all along?" Lexxi said with disbelief.
"I'm sure he was just having a bad day, right? He'll probably forget about this and next week it'll be like nothing ever happened..."
"Dongseng, you're in denial. He basically told you he never loved you. You've been loving him and being such a great girlfriend to him, but that didn't mean a thing to him! Please get this through your mind. You're not thinking straight!" Lexxi pleaded.
"Well how can I? I loved him unnie.... I truly did..."
Lexxi nodded in understanding, "I know you did. I love Lee Joon too, but I have to move on now, just like how you have to."
Chaeri fell down to her knees and started crying. Lexxi rushed to her sister and started rubbing her back to soothe her sister's heartbroken soul.
"I know its hard since he was your first boyfriend and first love.... but one day you'll meet someone so much better than him and that guy will truly love you. At least now you are one step closer to finding your true love, Taecyeon just happened to not be the 'one.'"
"I guess you're right,"  she repiled to the older girl as she bit her lip to try and keep her sobs in.
"Of course I'm right! Unnie know's best!" Lexxi put her hand on her little sister's shoulder and gave her an encouraging smile.
Chaeri gave a small smile back as she wiped her tears away.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me earlier! Instead I was ranting on about my problems, when you were having just as many problems as me!" The two giggled, both feeling a bit better after finally letting out their true feelings.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Dara POV
 
"Yeobo I'll be back. Do you want anything?" Dara said to her husband who was lying in bed watching TV.
"Can I get a kiss?" GD cutely puckered his plips as he sat up to face his wife.
"Nope," Dara giggled as she husband and left to go to the kitchen.
 
While Dara was in the kitchen getting a glass of water before going to bed, she heard both of her daughters voices coming from Lexxi's room. 
"I wonder what they're talking about..." she muttered to herself as she quietly tiptoed her way towards Lexxi's room. The door was slightly opened so Dara was able to hear and see a little of what was happening. She was too nervous to go in thinking she would disrupt them and they would be angry at her for that. Instead she just listened through the door.
After hearing Chaeri cry, Dara decided to leave. Tears and a frown graced the mother's pale delicate face. She slumped her way back to her and GD's room now worrying about her youngest daughter.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Chaeri POV
 
After Chaeri stopped crying, the two hugged each other.
"Unnie, gomawo for hearing me out," Chaeri gave a grateful smile even with her face still being tear-stained.
"No problem dongseng. Just know that my door is always open to you," Lexxi tightly hugged her sister again.
"Thanks... how about we go to Lotte world tomorrow just to forget everything and have fun?"
Lexxi nodded in agreement, "Sure, it's been a while since we've been there."
"Great! Then it will be a sister date!" They both laughed before they bid each other goodnight. After that, Chaeri left her sister's room and went to hers to go to sleep.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
GD POV
 
"Nothing good is on," GD sighed as he was flipping through the channels.
Dara soon opened their bedroom door and entered the room.
"Ah, you're ba--" GD cut himself off when he saw such a sad expression on his wife's face.
Concerned, GD asked, "Jagiya, what's with that face?" He put down the remote as he walked up to his wife and pulled her into an embrace.
"I think you should push back their debut a bit," Dara whispered as she nuzzled into her husband's warmth.
With a confused look, GD pulled back to look at his wife and asked, "What happened?"
 
Dara then explained what she heard from their daughter's room. GD nodded as he now understand that both of his girls were facing their first heartbreak.
 
"Shh yeobo, it's gonna be okay," GD cooed as he cupped Dara's face with both his hands. He gave her a smile and proceeded to wipe her tears away with his thumb.
"I'm worried for them. What are we gonna do?"
"For now all we can do is support them." Dara nodded in reply as she gave a deep sigh.
"It's getting late, why don't we go to bed and talk about this more tomorrow?" GD kissed his wife on the forehead to comfort her and pulled them to the bed.
 
*yawn* 
"Okay," Dara went under the covers and wrapped her arms around her loving husband.
"Goodnight Babe," GD said sleepily as he turned around to see his beautiful wife's sleeping face.