Chapter Twelve - Let's Battle

My Sunshine After The Rain

Chaeri POV
 
It's finally Friday and Chaeri and her sister were bored at home while their appa and eomma were busy working on their comebacks.
"I'm bored," the older sister plopped down on the couch next to Chaeri in the living room.
"Mhmm, you could go to the mall?"
"But I'm too lazy to go," the older girl replied in an aegyo voice.
Chaeri shrugged her shoulders and suggested, "Or you can do another photoshoot at the park?"
When Lexxi heard her sister mention the park, she remembered how she met Zico. She sat up and turned to her little sister  with a smirk on her face.
"Maybe we should have a photoshoot at the park," Lexxi replied with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.
"Um...WE?" Chaeri was confused to what her unnie was talking about.
"Yeah, and we can bring Gaho and Jolie! They're perfect for pictures today!"
Chaeri raised an eyebrow in suspicion, "And what do I have to do with this?"
The older sister giggled, "You seriously can't expect me to look after both of them? Who's going to make them look at the camera while I'm taking pictures. I can't hold a toy to distract them while I take pictures!"
The younger girl sighed, "I have a feeling I have no choice in this matter. Fine, I'll help you out."
Lexxi smiled and jumped in excitement, "Yay! Let's go then!"
After their conversation, Lexxi grabbed her Nikon, put their dogs on collar and leash to the car, and dragged her cute baby sister to the car and they drove off to the park.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zico POV

Zico, as always, was taking his morning jog at the park. As he was running on the track he thought about how he met Lexxi and a bright smile appeared on his face. 
"I wonder if she's here taking photos again?" he murmured to himself.
When he stopped at the playground to rest a bit, he looked around to see if he could spot Lexxi. Sadly, it didn't seem like she showed up today. He sighed in disappointment and continued running along the path.
 

After running a bit more, his phone started ringing. He decided to stop by a bench and sit down to answer the call. It was Jay calling him.

 

Jay
Yo, Zico! What's up?
Zico
Just on my morning jog. What's happening with you?
Jay
Chillin' back at the apartment. We still on for Hongdae tonight?
Zico
Fo sho, man. We got some tough competition tonight though.
Jay
Why? Who we battling?
Zico
J-Reyez, Young Sky, and Ugly Duck
Jay
Damn, they're good.
Zico
But we're better. Don't sweat it man, we got this.
Jay
Alright, I'll catch you later then.
Zico
Aiight, peace.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lexxi POV

 

After they parked their car. Lexxi and Chaeri walked Jolie and Gaho to the park. The dogs were happy as they wagged their tails and had their tongues sticking out while they walked. It looked like they were smiling. Lexxi cooed at how cute they were as Chaeri looked at her older sister in amusement.
"So where is this photo shoot going down?" the younger sister asked.

 

Lexxi started looking around the park to see where was the best place to take pictures. In the distance she saw a pretty area with a pink cherry blossom tree in view near the small park lake.
Lexxi pointed, "Over there! The cherry blossom tree and the lake will look beautiful in the background!"
They walked the dogs over to that point and took the leashes off their collar. Since they were trained well, the dogs stayed were they were. Since it was a bit hot out, Lexxi made sure the dogs stayed in the shade for the photo shoot.
"Okay," Lexxi handed Chaeri a dog toy, "hold this and call out their names so they look at you. Then that'll give me a chance to take pictures of them while their looking in this direction."
The younger sister nodded her head and did as she was told, "Gaho! Jolie! Look here!"
The dogs looked in the girls direction. Lexxi was able to snap some pictures and giggled because their dogs looked so adorable!

 

"How cute," the older girl commented as she looked through a couple of the pictures she took.
"What's cute?" A deep voice from behind her said.
Surprised, Lexxi turned around to see that Zico was here as well.
"Zico-ssi!" Lexxi exclaimed.
"Somehow, I knew I would see you again Lexxi," the boy smirked.
Lexxi blushed in returned, suddenly feeling very shy.

 

"Unnie, the dogs are getting tired," Chaeri walked up behind her sister, "Ah... who's this?"
Lexxi jumped in surprise, "Ah dongseng, this is my friend, Zico. I met him here the last time I had a photo shoot."
Chaeri bowed as she introduced herself, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Lexxi's younger sister, Chaeri."
Zico bowed back, "Likewise. I'm Zico."
Gaho barked in the background at the new person standing next to his owners. "Gaho, Jolie, come over here!" Lexxi called as they ran towards the trio.
Zico smiled and bent down to pet the dogs.
"They're cute. Are they yours?"
Lexxi nodded, "Nae. The boy is Gaho and the girl is Jolie. They're Shar-Pei dogs."
"Ah, cool," Zico said as he scratched Gaho behind the ears. Gaho sighed in contentment.
Lexxi giggled as she bent down to give attention to Jolie. She petted her dog on the back.

 

Chaeri stared down at the two, something was definitely going on between them. Chaeri snickered softly to herslf, "Let's spice things up then."
Chaeri walked over to them and nonchalantly said, "I thought you wanted to continue your photo shoot, unnie?"
The older sister looked up at the girl, "Ah, I almost forgot abut that. But the dogs seem tired so I don't want to have to force them to do it anymore."

 

"Well I'm sure Zico-sii can help you out then."
"Eh? Me?" Zico replied confused.
"Here, why don't you give me the camera, unnie." Chaeri took the Nikon camera from her older sister.
"This time, you can be the model with Zico-sii."
"What about the dogs?" Lexxi looked worried at the two dogs lying down on the floor.
"Don't worry about them. They're tired so they won't go anywhere. Besides, they'll be right next to me on collar and leash. We're not going anywhere, just stand there and I'll take pictures."
Chaeri smirked, "This a lovey dovey photo shoot so you guys have to look like a couple."
Lexxi's face turned red as she looked at Zico. Zico gave a sheepish grin and shrugged, "Why not?"
Lexxi just nodded in return. Zico grabbed her hand and they looked like they were a couple going on a stroll.
The younger sister giggled as she snapped some pictures of them. Her older sister looked so cute as she shyly held Zico's hand.

 

"That's good. We're all set then." Chaeri turned off the camera and handed it back to her older sister.
"Thanks for helping out," Lexxi bowed to Zico in gratitude.
"It's no problem. It was fun."
"Well, we should probably go soon. We need to bring the dogs back home," Lexxi commented.
"Ah, wait," Zico lightly grabbed Lexxi's arm before she could walk away like the last time. "I'm going to Hongdae tonight with my boys. We're going to an underground rap battle tonight. Since you rap, I was wondering if you wanted to come see me battle? You can even bring your sister if you want."
"Tonight? I don't know..." Lexxi trailed off.
Chaeri rolled her eyes and then looked at Zico, "We'll be there."
Lexxi turned to her sister, "What?"
The younger sister whispered to her sister, "Quiet, I know what I'm doing. We're going unnie, this is for your own good."
Zico smiled, "Great I'll see you there, then."
Chaeri nodded as her sister's face became red again, "Oh, before we go," Chaeri got out a piece of paper and pen from her purse, "here's my sisters number. Text here where we're meeting you and such. See you tonight!"
Zico took the paper and smirked, "See you then, Lexxi."
Lexxi just nodded as she watched the boy jog away. She then sighed and patted her warm reddening cheeks. She then turned to her sister and glared, "Why'd you do that?"
The younger sister smirked, "Oh come on, you totally wanted to go! Don't deny it!"
"Okay, fine. We'll go! But only to see the rap battle... not because I want to see Zico..."
Chaeri smiled, "Whatever you say unnie, whatever you say."

 

The two girls and their dogs went back to the car. On the way back, Chaeri put on 2NE1's "Falling in Love," for Lexxi's newfound love interest. Even though her older sister wouldn't admit it, it was obvious that Lexxi was becoming more interested in Zico. Hopefully, tonight will go well.