Saturday Business

You're One Of A Kind

I went out early to get to work, and ate breakfast on the road. My brother went out an hour later than I did, so it gave me the time to actually spy on him without getting noticed.

I went straight to the wardrobe room where I was tasked to iron out the clothes of other Hallyu stars in FNC Music. This is totally girl's work, but then, guys need to do girl's work too, don't they?

Woon Ji came in, with his perpetual mobile phone on his hand. He had recently bought a Bluetooth earpiece so it was easy for him to be doing many things while talking on the phone. I really admire that guy! He never misses any work or any instructions, yet he is perpetually on the phone!

Later, I went to the other side of the building to get the other clothes from other rooms. I need to mend them as some had accidental rips. Of course, who in their right mind would intentionally rip their clothes? I passed by the musical instrument room where I saw my oppa--my Joo Hyun-oppa--with another girl, and it was not even Michelle-seonbae.

Aha! Got you!

I felt that I had to really, really stalk him, so I candidly got my mobile phone and hid, then I took shots of them together. I made sure that my oppa's face can be seen so that my aunt will raise my allowance. When I made sure that I got a clear view of them, I went back to my lair.

Hmm...for three days that I had been working part time here at FNC, I only took the manager's word for it, as well as Jung Shin's story. I know my brother is a total playboy, and everywhere he goes, there will never be a girl who would not be his fling. Yet, I have to gather hard evidence so that my aunt will have evidence too. And I will have more allowance.

*****

The workers got noisy and were bustling around. Some star entered the company. I did not mind as I was totally busy, and Woon Ji was totally busy to even notice me. Finally, the star came in the wardrobe department.

"Annyeong haseyo," the star greeted.

O. M. G. It was Park Shin Hye.

"Is Yong Hwa-ssi around?" she politely asked me.

I was totally starstruck that I could not even move in my seat. I nodded like an idiot.

"I can even lead you to the practice room," I offered to her like a total idiot.

Shin Hye smiled at me. "That's OK, I will just find my way around."

The fan that I am, I shook my head and insisted on showing her the way. I do not know if she had been to FNC even if she is friends with Yong Hwa-oppa and Lee Hong Ki-ssi. And so, Shin Hye-ssi yielded graciously. Since I will be doing service to Park Shin Hye, I introduced myself.

"Kang Jun-imnida. Cheoeum boepgetseumnida. Mannaseo bangapseumnida (I'm Kang Jun. How do you do? I'm pleased to meet you),"

Shin Hye-ssi introduced herself as well. As we walked to the practice room, I told her I am a fan. She smiled as I handed her a pen and paper.

"You are a really considerate fan," Shin Hye-ssi told me. Then, she signed her autograph.

Later, we reached the practice room where the guys were practicing some songs. Shin Hye greeted everyone and talked with them. Meanwhile, I saw Jong Hyun-oppa strumming his guitar, and I could see how cool he looks. With my work, however, I did not mingle with them as I was busy. I saw some outfits in the practice room and asked Min Hyuk-ssi if I could take them back to the wardrobe room.

"Ye, it is not ours anyway," Min Hyuk said to me.

As I passed by, I could hear what Jong Hyun-oppa was singing.

On the floor,
You're moving in a way
I can't ignore

 

Wow....his voice is amazing. My heart totally melted. I stopped in track to hear him sing more.

I'm in heat,
I caught a glimpse and now I'm at your feet....

 

He must have noticed me that he stopped singing and looked at me.

"Ya, is anything wrong with my face?" he asked, deadpan.

Wow, so he never ignored the fact that I passed by him....If only I was the girl he winked at the concert.

"Aniyo, I'm just listening to the song," I said, then bowed and went away. Totally embarrassing.

******

Shin Hye's POV

"Annyeong," I greeted the guys.

I thanked Kang Jun-ssi for taking me around. He is really, really kind.

"Annyeong," the guys greeted.

"Ya, Shin Hye-ya, I have some food with me," Min Hyuk-ah offered.

I smiled. Well, this must be one reason why Min Hyuk-ah got to eat in his roles, first in the movie "Acoustic" with Jong Hyun-oppa, then in "Neon Naege Banhaesseo" as Joon Hee. He really loves eating. Jung Shin-ah and him began to unload a large backpack filled with food.

"Ya, thanks for visiting us," Yong Hwa-ya said to me, smiling. "I thought you are busy."

"Ne, I am...I  just want to come here and visit you all," I told him.

He grabbed one sandwich from the tray which Min Hyuk-ah prepared and gave one to me. He motioned me to sit down beside him, and I did.

"Wow, Shin Hye-ya, you and Yong Hwa-hyung could really be a couple," Jung Shin told me.

"Geurae?" I answered. I only laughed at that notion since many think that Yong Hwa and I are actually lovers. Many guys got linked to me, like Hyungnim--er, Jang Geun Seok-ssi for example. "But we are only friends."

Yong Hwa smiled at his bandmate and placed a hand on my shoulder, "She's right. There's nothing wrong with being friends, right?"

I don't know why, but somehow, his statement made me a bit sad. Is it really all right if Yong Hwa and I are just friends? What is this I am feeling? And why am I feeling this way?

"Ya, is anything wrong with my face?" Jong Hyun-oppa asked Jun-ssi. I suddenly snapped out of my trance.

"Aniyo, I'm just listening to the song," Jun-ssi said, then bowed and went away.

"Oppa, please have some sandwich," I called out to Jong Hyun-oppa.

He looked at door where Jun-ssi exited and stood up to grab a snack. He thanked Min Hyuk-ah for bringing some food for everyone.

"Ya, are you free for lunch?" I asked them.

The guys simultaneously shook their heads. So cute of them to do that.

"Wae?" Yong Hwa asked me.

"Well, I think I want to treat you all for lunch," I offered.

Min Hyuk-ah and Jung Shin-ah exchanged high-fives as they screamed in delight. Jong Hyun-oppa even gave a high five to his bandmates.

"Ya, are you really sure? 'Coz we don't back out if there is free food," Yong Hwa asked me. Oh, how naughty!

"Ya, do you think I am joking?" I playfully shot back at him.

He gave me a warm smile and pinched my cheeks. He did it to me when he was Lee Shin and I was Lee Gyu Won. Did I just miss him doing that to me? I even miss him ruffling my hair the Shin Woo-hyung way.

"Gomapda," he told me.

Gosh...I feel like my heart is going to explode when he smiled at me. Why did I like being near him so much? Why did I enjoy his smile? Is it possible that....????

End of Shin Hye's POV

*****

Woon Ji was still on the phone when I caught his attention.

"Waeyo?" he asked me, slightly irritated.

"I'd take my lunch," I told him. He only nodded and went on talking with someone on the phone.

Hm...that gay guy probably have lots of money to pay for his phone bills. And won't his phone overheat? I sighed as I exited. Not far from the restroom, I saw my oppa with another girl--but not the one this morning. Gosh, how could I get a photo of him and his girl? He can totally see me from where I am standing.

And he finally noticed me.

"O, Jun-ah," he called out with that signature cocky way of his.

He approached me with his girl. "Ya, let's eat lunch together."

As if!? In reality, my oppa never even spent dinner with me and aunt since middle school. Maybe he was doing that to brag his new girl.

"Uh, thanks, but I still have some errands to do," I lied.

I walked fast so as to give him the impression that I am indeed  busy. I hid in a corner, and when they passed by, I couldn't do but curse myself. I was not able to get some snapshot.

Then, I realized that I am only half-day on Saturdays. Might as well go home. But first, after I went out of my work, I went to the subway to go to my secret hideout to change outfit. I will not tell you where I change. Otherwise, you might tell my brother. Shhh....

****

I went home and ate lunch. My aunt was not there, so I figured out I could just show her the pictures that night. It was a warm Saturday afternoon, and I figured out that I wanted to doll up and go strolling in the mall. And that is what I exactly did.

With my cute tee and black princess skirt and killer heels, I hope Jong Hyun-oppa will see me. ^_^

****

Indeed, as I strolled downtown, I passed by a cozy coffee  house and went inside. Coffee craving, I should say. When I went in, went to the counter and ordered a cup of cold cappuccino. While the lady at the counter did my order, I spent my time planning. Then, I heard people laughing out loud, and to my surprise, the people were actually talking and having a good conversation.

Oops...

CN Blue and Park Shin Hye????

I wanted to hide when I noticed them, but I could not, as Lee Jong Hyun noticed me. He only smiled at me, then continued talking with the guys.

OK...so the winking thing at the concert was a total hoax. So, maybe, Jong Hyun-oppa only looked at me as a fan. Yes, I am a fan, but he never knew, I am one fan who gets close to them when I am Jun. Sigh....

*****

Yong Hwa's POV

My good friend, Park Shin Hye, came to visit  us at FNC Music. Who would have thought that she did? Do you know how happy I am to see her again? I was happy playing Lee Shin and getting to "profess" to her in "Neon Naege Banhaesseo", a privilege I never got as Kang Shin Woo in "Minami Shineyo". It makes me feel cool being a guy to tell a girl he likes that he likes her. But of course, it is just act. In reality, Shin Hye-ya, the Avant-Hye, is just my friend. She is really a sweet girl, and I kinda like her. Since she is really sweet, I have no problems getting friendly and close with her. No wonder netizens thought we were dating.

And now, she treated us to lunch. I think I should surprise her with dinner some other time.

My attention was shifted to my soulmate, Jong Hyun (har har..joke). He seems to be smiling at someone from the counter before talking back to us.

"Who was that?" I asked him.

"I don't know, hyung," he told me. "A fan?"

When I turned to see, that someone was gone. Shin Hye, me, and Min Hyuk had our back to the counter, so we could not see who Jong Hyun-ah was preoccupied with.

And Jung Shin-ah spoke up. "Ya, that was the girl you pulled from the crowd during the concert."

Shin Hye looked at Jong Hyun," You did?"

"Whoah! Shin-ah, you really have good memory!" Min Hyuk-ah told him.

"Geurae!" Jung Shin-ah said. "I am a goddess, remember?"

And I asked my dongsaeng Jong Hyun. "You like her, do you?"

My other bandmates , but he only blushed and smiled. "Ani...I am not even sure if it was she."

Jung Shin hit his head with his hand. "Gosh, you are so slow, man. You have been talking about her after the concert, and now, you are not even sure that the girl we just saw is actually her. Believe me, man, that IS her."

Jong Hyun scoffed at him. "You court her if you are really sure."

"Aniyo!" Jung Shin ed. "You saw her first. She is yours."

We laughed at their bickering. Then, I realized that Shin Hye was placing her hand on her knee, so I reached my hand from under the table and held her hand secretly.

And she looked at me. As the other guys teased each other, I looked at her and gave her a secret smile. In that short time, Shin Hye and I have our own sweet world. But why am I sweet to her? Have I fallen for my best friend?

End of Yong Hwa's POV