Realize

Time to Love

Jiyeon POV

I am on my way to visit Hyomin unnie. The Unnies and I decided to spend the weekend at Hyomin unnie’s place. She’s expecting us all later in the evening but since I have no class today, I will go there first to surprise her. I also want to take a look around unnie’s school.

Why the sudden visit? We all notice that Hyomin unnie is acting strange. We’ve known each other since we were kids so we know if one of us has a problem. We knew something is bothering Hyomin unnie but knowing Unnie, she would not want to bother us with her problem especially if it might affect T-ara. So we all decided to meet her and have a talk. She does not know about it. She only knows that we are just hanging out.

We went to ask Hyomin’s parents if we can spend the weekend over Hyomin’s place and they agreed along with our parents. You know, because of our ‘probation’ we have to ask permission from them. Our parents made us all study in different schools so we can focus on studies and less on T-ara. But we made a secret plan to study for a year until I graduate highschool. After that, I will ‘study’ college in Japan where the Unnies will follow me for T-ara’s Japan launching. It’s a secret plan we all made. If our parents found out that we plan to put a hold on our studies again, we will all be dead meat!

We suspected that Hyomin unnie is liking someone and her parents just confirmed it. So she likes a girl named Sunny. No wonder she always talks about her. Another reason why I want to go to unnie’s school is so I can meet this Sunny. I want to meet the girl that unnie likes. I have to make sure that she is good enough for Hyomin unnie.

Daebak! KUA is big and prestigious. If given a chance, I also want to study here. I take a look around as I made my way to the Photography building.

“Excuse me, do you know where I can see Park Hyomin?” I asked one student from the building.

“Neh. I think she is in the stadium right now.”

“Stadium?”

“Yes, she’s helping the organizers for our Annual School Event.”

“I see. Can you tell me how to get there?”

Sunny POV

We are all making some preparations for the event. The event is still a month away but we decided to prepare early since we are doing the designs ourselves.

I saw Hyomin working with Seohyun. We rarely hang out anymore even just the two of us. Our conversations will be short and even our chat is becoming shorter and lesser. If I don’t know any better, I’ll think she is avoiding me. But why would she. She must be really busy especially with all the extra classes she is taking.

“So near yet so far.” Someone said beside me. I took a look and it’s Sica obviously teasing me again. She must have seen me watching Hyomin. I rolled my eyes at her. I was going to say something back at her when someone came in the stadium that caught most of our attention. She bowed then looked around. She smiled and walked straight in. She looks very stylish in skinny jeans, shirt and black leather jacket. I watch her curious of where she is going. She is walking towards Hyomin and Seohyun’s direction. She must be their friend. She stopped behind Hyomin and just gave her a backhug. I froze.

“Hyominnie” She called making Hyomin smile. Hyomin turn around while still being hugged by the girl.

“Jiyeon ah!” She said excitedly and hugged the girl tightly. Hyomin faced the girl still embracing each other. “What are you doing here? Don’t you have classes? Don’t tell me you skip class”

“Hyominnie… I didn’t skip class. I don’t have classes today. I went here ahead because I wanted to see you. But I think you don’t want to see me” the girl said pouting.

“Mianhe. I am happy to see you. I miss you.” Hyomin replied making the girl smile.

“I miss you too.” The girl said while caressing Hyomin’s hair.

There’s this tug in my heart as I watch the scene.

“You must be hungry…” The girl nodded happily.

“Let’s go..”

“Haha. Excited as ever. Wait, let me introduce you to my friends.” Hyomin said to the girl. “This is Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Jessica and Sunny. Everyone, this is Jiyeon.”

“Hi, I’m Jiyeon. Nice to meet you Hyunnie, Yoona unnie, Yuri unnie, Hyoyeon unnie, Tae unnie, Fany unnie, Soo unnie, Sica unnie and Sunny unnie.” Jiyeon said while shaking each of our hands. We were all surprised as how Jiyeon called us. “Ohh.. mianhe. It’s just that Hyomin unnie always talks about you so I feel like I know you already.”

“It’s ok. So Hyomin always talks about us?”

“Neh. Since Hyomin unnie is lives here, every night we will talk about how our day was and she will talk about her friends here in KUA.”

“So what does she tell you about us?”

“You were all so nice and cool. Though I feel sorry for Hyunnie because she has to take care of 3 shikshins.” Jiyeon said making everyone laugh.

“Look who’s talking” Hyomin teased.

“Wait. You mean Jiyeon here is also a shikshin?” Yoona asked.

“A gluttonous dinosaur.” Hyomin replied making everyone laugh.

“Yah!”

They talk every night? So I am just her friend in KUA just like the rest? I kept looking at Hyomin. I haven’t seen her smile like that in the past few days. Is it because of Jiyeon? Jiyeon is a charming girl. It didn’t escape my eye that they were holding hands all this time. There’s this tug in my heart again. And there seems to be a lump in my throat.

“We’re about to have lunch. Would you like to join us, Jiyeon?”

“Thank you but I like to have Hyomin unnie alone.”  She answered grinning.

“We’ll go ahead.” Hyomin said.

Wait. Don’t go. I wanted to stop her but there’s this lump on my throat. “Hyomin!” I managed to say before she goes. She stopped and looked at me. Stay. “We’re going to hang out in the club later. Would you like to join us? Jiyeon can come too.”

“Mianhe Sunny. I already have plans for tonight.”

I managed to smile to hide my disappointment. “It’s ok. Next time.” I watch as she went out with Jiyeon.

I felt someone hugged me and I know that it’s Sica. “If you just keep looking and not do anything, she’ll only get farther and farther.”

I faced Sica. “Sica, I…. I’m a pabo.”

Sica hugged me. The others also went near us. “Sunny..”

“I’ve fallen for Hyomin. I’ve fallen hard for her. I’m just a pabo for not admitting it earlier. I’m just scared.”

“Why?”

“It’s the first time I’ve ever felt so strong for someone and it’s scaring me. I’m scared that I will just end up being hurt. But it's no use because I’m hurting now. She’s moving farther away from me and I can’t seem to reach her. I’m scared. I’m scared of losing her.”

“It’s not too late, Sunny.”

“Yes, it’s not too late Unnie.” Seohyun joined in. I look around and everyone was looking at me and they went to hug me.

“All you have to do is to confess to Hyomin how you really feel.”

“As soon as you see Hyomin, grab her and confess!” Sica said.

“Isn’t that what you did to Soo?” I comment making Sica blush.

“Yah! It did work!” Sica replied making everyone laugh.

“Thanks girls. This time I will listen to all of you. I will confess to Hyomin as soon as I see her.” I said.

“Shall I call Hyomin unnie?” Seohyun asked holding her phone.

“Yah!”

“Hahaha Nice one Hyunnie!” Yoona said.